Oct. 24 - Oct. 26, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Good Morning MJJC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I'm so not that awake yet :lol: Ok, finding some weekend tid bits...oh did ya see Mr. Michael out shopping theres both photos and a video right on the main page :yes:

Searching for some news ...

Ok, lots to do with the lil outting yesterday...

[SIZE=-2]E! Online[/SIZE]

What's Michael Jackson Got in the Bag?
[SIZE=-1]E! Online - 13 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, stopped at a Robertson Boulevard boutique to shop, but for what? And if you want to know where else ***** spent his day, ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Metro[/SIZE]

MICHAEL JACKSON - JACKSON BUYS A PLANE
[SIZE=-1]Contactmusic.com, UK - 7 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]MICHAEL JACKSON has bought himself a new aeroplane. The King of Pop was spotted browsing in antique store Off The Wall on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles on ...[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson Makes Shopping Public Appearance
[SIZE=-1]Singersroom News, NY - 10 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Pop star Michael Jackson went shopping at a Beverly Hills store on Tuesday and seemed to be trying to trick onlookers into thinking he had his children ...[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson Buys Plane During Rare Public Outing
[SIZE=-1]Gigwise, UK - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]by Jason Gregory Michael Jackson bought a Pan Am aluminium cast model aeroplane during a rare public outing yesterday (October 23rd). Jackson was spotted at ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]The Gossip Girls[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson Steps Out for Skincare
[SIZE=-1]The Gossip Girls - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Spotted out for the first time in quite awhile now, Michael Jackson visited a cosmetic and medical dermatology office in Beverly Hills, California on ...[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson Makes A Cosmetics Stop
[SIZE=-1]Infos Jeunes France, France - 14 hours ago
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson makes visits to cosmetic and medical dermatology offices in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Thursday afternoon. The 50-year-old “King of Pop” ...[/SIZE]

Ok, and some more mentionings...

Sexy Sirens of TI Celebrate Five Years of Swashbuckling, Sin and Seduction in Las Vegas
...Having choreographed popular movies such as "Dirty Dancing" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"; and performances for world-renowned artists such as Michael Jackson, Madonna and Shakira, Ortega drew inspiration from his body of work for Sirens. "(Choreographer) Travis Payne and I were looking for a signature dance for the Pirates once they arrived on the Song (Sirens' ship). Both Travis and I had worked with Michael Jackson on a number of tours and drew inspiration from that -- we thought the stomp-like rhythms were character appropriate." ...
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={634071D6-B424-486F-919A-584E5A2834B2}
[/SIZE]

Centrale fashion store thrown lifeline
[SIZE=-1]Croydon Advertiser, UK - 7 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... Horrors have agreed to make a scary appearance for the event and pupils from the Brit School in Selhurst will be dancing to Michael Jackson's hit Thriller.[/SIZE]

Halloween hits Tuacahn
[SIZE=-1]St. George Daily Spectrum, UT - 20 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]More than the title of a classic Michael Jackson song, hearing the name “Thriller,” particularly if it is tied to Tuacahn, brings to mind the image of ...[/SIZE]

Zombie madness: Events to make you stumble and dance like the undead
[SIZE=-1]North Shore Sunday, MA - 9 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]A dance event at Salem State College on Saturday offers locals the chance to learn to dance like Michael Jackson and his backup zombies from the “Thriller” ...[/SIZE]

Wildcat band hits tourney trail
[SIZE=-1]Trading Markets (press release), CA - 5 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Luis Vega is featured on trumpet in the ballad, "I'll Be There," a Jackson 5 song which reached No. 1 in 1970. The closing number is Michael Jackson's ...[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1987 - Michael Jackson's single "Bad" hit #1 in the U.S. and #3 in the U.K.

So Sexy!

Last edited:
Thanks.

No more news than the pictures and videos?

There's a bunch of lil stuff but I had to re-boot the computer lol - adding them to the first post now :yes:

I started reading some of the comments left on the links above and had to stop, there are some very sick, narrow minded and prejudiced individuals out there. I guess we should feel sorry for them because we know the truth and they are obviously ignorant. I worry about human nature sometimes....why do people always harp on about the negative and not look for the positive.....Anyway.....rant over, sorry just had to get that off my chest!!

I started reading some of the comments left on the links above
Why? you know exactly what they will say. some of us stay away from them cause we dont want to know. so no need to come and post on here about it

I started reading some of the comments left on the links above and had to stop, there are some very sick, narrow minded and prejudiced individuals out there. I guess we should feel sorry for them because we know the truth and they are obviously ignorant. I worry about human nature sometimes....why do people always harp on about the negative and not look for the positive.....Anyway.....rant over, sorry just had to get that off my chest!!
Yes, there are stupid comments but there are good comments as well. As for the stupid comments, I have come to the conclusion that SOME pepole love to act stupid while they hide behind a computer. When i saw some people making stupid comments against Janet's illness, Paul Newman's death, etc, I knew that the internet is no more than a breeding ground for people to act stupid and not have their real name attach. Believe me, most of these people would NEVER say this stuff in person. I was just reading on the idoit who hacked Mily Cyrus picture and GOT CAUGHT. When asked why did he do it, this idoit comment was "I never thought I would get caught". Typical:no:

hi :waving: Shannon i hear that your compture is not working so i just through i just to help is that o.k with you :)

here is website:http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=37631530975

CALLING ALL THRILLER FANS!

Fans needed at Madame Tussauds New York to help break the Guinness World Record for the most people doing the ‘Thriller’ dance at the same time.

In honour of the 25th anniversary of ‘Thriller’ and in the name of Michael Jackson, please help us make history at Madame Tussauds in Times Square on Thursday, October 30th as we attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the most people doing the Thriller dance at the same time.

When: Doors open at 8:00 a.m. Record-breaking dance at 10:00 a.m.

Where: Madame Tussauds New York 234 West 42nd Street (b/w 7th & 8th Avenues) New York, NY.

Get there on time to sign up as an official participant, take lessons on how to do the ‘Thriller’ dance, get a zombie makeover and take a photo with Madame Tussauds’ Michael Jackson wax figure, which will receive its own zombie makeover and be decked out in Michael’s original jacket from the ‘Thriller’ video.

All fans and participants strongly encouraged to come in ‘Thriller’ and zombie costumes.

Event is first come, first serve. Space limited!

This event celebrates ‘Thriller 25′, The New Edition Of The World’s Biggest Selling Album Of All Time which is in stores now, released by Sony’s Legacy Recordings.

Check out the NEW THRILLER MEGA MIX BY JASON NEVINS.

Visit www.nycwax.com for more information on the world famous Madame Tussauds New York.

------------------------------------------------
HANGMAN’S HOUSE OF HORRORS TO JOIN THRILL THE WORLD

Hangman’s House of Horrors, one of the top-rated haunted attractions in the USA, will be performing Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” during 'Thrill The World' at 1 p.m. on October 25 at the haunted funhouse in Fort Worth. The annual Thrill the World event is a worldwide effort to break last year’s record for Guinness World Records. So far Thrill the World 2008 boasts 97 events in 12 countries.

Hangman’s House of Horrors has already been featured on MSNBC, the Travel Channel’s “America’s Scariest Halloween Attractions” and showcased as one of the country’s “Halloween Hot Spots” by Family Circle magazine. The attraction has entertained half a million people and donated more than $1.5 million to local charities.

Official witnesses for Hangman’s Thrill The World event will be R.A. Mihailoff (Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre), and Hollywood special effects makeup artist Bobbie Weiner (Bloody Mary) who is well known for painting the corpses in the Oscar-winning movie Titanic. He will also be providing makeup for the Zombie dance troupe.

Hangman’s Thriller dancers include seven women and 10 men ranging in age from 17 to 49. The Thriller leader Darla Robinson said in a release:

“What a unique way to promote the House and our beneficiaries as well as be a part of something worldwide. Our group has professionals with companies such as Chesapeake, UPS and General Service Administration, a branch of the United States Government, and students in high school and college.”

---------------------------------------------------
ADAM SEVANI TO PERFORM AT THRILL THE WORLD

Actor-dancer Adam Sevani who had a dance battled against Miley Cyrus and Mandy on the 2008 teen choice awards will be performing in the worldwide simultaneous dance of Michael Jackson’s Thriller at Hollywood & Highland Center on October 25, 2008 with Thrill The World Los Angeles... who is working to set a world record of the most people to perform Thriller at the same time.

What: Thrill the World Los Angeles
Where: Hollywood & Highland Center – Courtyard.
When: Saturday, October 25. The dance will be performed at 11 a.m. sharp. The public is advised to arrive at Hollywood & Highland courtyard by 10:30 a.m.
Cost: Performance is FREE.

Los Angeles, CA – Thrill the World Los Angeles (TTWLA), a group of Los Angeles zombies, will perform Michael Jackson’s Thriller dance at the Hollywood & Highland Center to be counted in the world records for Largest Simultaneous Thriller Dance on Saturday, October 25, 2008. This year’s event is also to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Thriller. Last year 1,722 people simultaneously performed the dance in 55 cities around the globe. Come join us in breaking this record.

16 year old Adam Sevani is an actor and dancer who first came to the spotlight for his work as Robert “Moose” Alexander III in the film Step Up 2: The Streets. Adam also had a dance battle Miley Cyrus, and the two appeared on the 2008 Teen Choice awards. Sevani has also appeared in such music videos as: Mase’s "Breathe, Stretch, Shake", Will Smith’s "Switch" Missy Elliot's "I'm Really Hot", and many others. Adam performed in NLT's first music video "That Girl". He also choreographed NLT’s latest video "Karma".

TTWLA has been holding practices with over 100 aspired zombies since September in West Hollywood, San Fernando Valley, South Bay, and on USC and UCLA campuses. The final practice is on Friday, October 24, from 5-7 p.m. at Pan Pacific Regional Park in Los Angeles. New zombies are welcome to attend the remaining practices. “The intention of this event is that of fun and playfulness,” said Mahdroo McCaleb, team co-leader. Worldwide Creator and Project Director, Ines Markeljevic from Toronto, Canada, set a Guinness World Record for the Largest Thriller Dance in 2006.

The International Dance Academy of Hollywood will be participating with the event and hosting. There will be a Press room at the International Dance Academy the morning of the event for interviews.

Visit www.ThrilltheWorld.com for complete list of events. www.myspace.com/tt08LAzombies- see scheduled practice times.

------------------------------------------------
X FACTOR BOOSTS KOP IN UK

Michael Jackson's album 'King Of Pop' has re-entered the Top 10 of the album chart in the UK. Reason is the airing of 'X Factor', a TV talent show which aired last Saturday.

The show featured all of its 11 contestants singing from Michael Jackson's extensive back catalogue. Speaking about its boost in sales since last week's midweek figures HMV's spokesman, Genaro Castaldo, told 6 Music:

"The X Factor shows have become the biggest way of promoting music in the UK ever since we lost Top Of The Pops. Everyone queues up to get on there.

Off the back of that his album King Of Pop, which was released some weeks ago and was around number 47 last week, has had a massive boost.

It was at number 47, but the midweek figures show that it is currently sitting in the top ten.

It just shows you the enduring appeal of Michael Jackson, reminding you of how brilliant his songs are, but also it tells us all how incredibly powerful the X Factor has become at promoting music in the UK."

However, Castaldo estimated that its position will peter out by the end of the week:

"I think potentially the King Of Pop album might fall away a little bit because it's natural that the most interest follows straight after the show.
I'd be very surprised if it didn't make the top 15 or 20 and now that it's there it might be the case that it'll carry on selling quite well in the next few weeks."

----------------------------------------------------
HELP SET A NEW GUINNESS RECORD FOR MJ

An email was recently sent by MJSN to MJ fans informing us of another world record attempt in honour of MJ.

The legendary dance sequence of „Thriller“ has been performed on weddings, in prisons, in shows, on the streets - basically everywhere. Everyone recognizes the zombie-like moves and can do a little step or two. This inspired Ines and her team to create the “Thrill the world” project, a simultaneous “Thriller”-dance. In 2006 the first record attempt took place in Toronto. 62 people danced to “Thriller” and set the first Guinness World Record for “Largest Thriller Dance”. In 2007, already 1.722 people in 52 cities on 5 continents danced “Thriller” at exactly the same time. This year, the event is going to be even bigger! 100 events in 96 cities in 13 countries are registered until now and will strive for a new record! The event will take place on October 25th, time depends on the time zone you’re in, as this must be a simultaneous dance to be recognized by Guinness.
Check out THRILLTHEWORLD.COM to find an event near you to join!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh so he tried to trick everyone into thinking that he had his kids with him. i wonder why he did that. its not like they would be willing to give him privacy if they thought his kids were with him. quite the contrary. the paps would go crazier and try to get closer to him so that they could take pics of his kids. maybe he thought that the bodyguard who was pretending to be one of his kids would get all the attention ? but i dont think it worked lol

Why? you know exactly what they will say. some of us stay away from them cause we dont want to know. so no need to come and post on here about it

I don't really know why I did, impulse I guess, but now I remember why I don't usually look at these comments. Im sorry if I offended anyone by posting my rant, I guess I wont do that again.

And Terrell....you are so right....they can just get away with being nasty on the internet and its not just Michael. I really don't know what made me look but...hay, iv learn't my lesson....again....hummm

I started reading some of the comments left on the links above and had to stop, there are some very sick, narrow minded and prejudiced individuals out there

Don't read their ignorant, laughable and trashy comments. Learn how to ignore pure idiots. No one cares what these nobodies say. I do not know why some MJ fans love misery and negativity. I mean, MJ went out to shop, that is all he did. Some of his fans feel the need to care what a bunch of losers have to say about a great dude. Why? I mean, I feel the need to impulse and I do, but I chose a time and day to do it. Maybe you can do the same. I am not trying to go at you, Janey, or insult you. I am just trying to let you know that some people are gonna hate. Why care? You gotta just let those idiots be. Those people trash people who have passed, their children, their hair, I mean, complete nobodies. I went on usmagazine.com and read comments from people about the Madge and Guy divorce. Some people made sense and other people were just trippin'. I just SMH and moved on to other things. People trash people because they have serious issues. Don't read their rants. They do not stand for anything other than to feel good about themselves by trashing others. That is why they are truly miserable. MJ has been trashed most of his life and he is still here. We, as fans, have heard, seen and read every kind of nasty thing that has said about him and we are still here. It is best to just let those people that wanna hate, hate.

Great comments, EM and Terrell.

And as usual, some people just like to post nothings on a news thread and think it is "news". Two articles the poster posted have no links. I am not gonna say anything more than that. (Not at you, Janey.)

Shannon, thanks for the thread as usual.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news.I'm glad that Michael was out and about doing what he wanted to do and buying what he wanted to buy. I'm glad to see him in the pics.I have one worry.I hope he's eating right.He needs alittle meat unless he's planning to be slimlined to do a special dance in a upcoming video that we don't know about. It's good to see him.

Thank you for your post Bee and I do agree with you.

I realize this is off topic to continue this conversation. However I do just want to say that I don't usually read this rubbish and I don't really care about these losers but for some reason, and I don't know why, these posts made me think about how some people just like to be negative and I just find it so sad. We are having problems where I work with people who are constantly negative and are often insulting and it can really pull you down. Maybe its because of this that I am feeling particularly sensitive to these posts.

I just want to say thank you for your helpful comments, I have not taken offence :D

So why is the Thriller dance at Madame Tussauds on the 30th, when all the other thrill the World stuff is on the 25th. Are these two separate events in competition with on another? Oh and last question, is anyone going to New York to do this??

I have some thoughts in my head and i want toknow if i'm right or not:

1- Michael showed up in LA to shut up those who claims that he lives in LV near a school and blahblah blah....
2- one of the paps asked him if he lives in Neverland i actually do not want the paps to follow him to there but i'll be very happy to know that he and his children live there again.

3- i feel that he is up to something , not the new album, but he is doing something great and that's really what makes him happy -his art-.

Jillie Bean, I had the same question as you. Why is Madams Tussaud's doing their thing on the 30th when everywhere else is doing it tomorrow?

Jillie Bean, I had the same question as you. Why is Madams Tussaud's doing their thing on the 30th when everywhere else is doing it tomorrow?
I think it may have been last years date mixed up with this years. by the way, there is one in my area of croydon. I might go and watch them.

just seen the pic in the sun about the tour, just wanted to say that the pic is gorgeous, he looks amazing

just seen the pic in the sun about the tour, just wanted to say that the pic is gorgeous, he looks amazing
Coming from You, Neverland, I just got to believe it.
Maybe the Sun realise that they have done everything to destry this man and he is still standing so they have thrown in the towel.

Hello all it has been a long time. I was on a break for awhile then I had been sick all week, but I am back and just ready to give yall some news. I will have the latest in a few minutes.

Michael Jackson Mentonings for October 25, 2008:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-thriller25-2008oct25,0,3326380.story

[COLOR=#333333! important]No mere mortal can resist... the invading hordes of Michael Jackson zombie dancers.[/color]
[COLOR=#999999! important]By Elina Shatkin [/color]
[COLOR=#999999! important]October 25, 2008 [/color]
The hardest part of learning the moves in Michael Jackson’s legendary “Thriller” music video isn't the fancy footwork or the hip swivels. It's the iconic "claw swing."

"You show your claws to the left, then swing down, show your claws to the right, and go back and forth. People get caught up on that a lot," says choreographer and dance instructor Ines Markeljevic.

In 2006, after setting the first Guinness world record for largest "Thriller" dance -- Toronto, 62 people -- Markeljevic went global. Taking the flash mob phenomenon to a new level, she began organizing Thrill the World last year, marshaling dancers around the globe to simultaneously perform the steps from the zombie-filled video directed by John Landis. Since premiering on MTV in December 1983, it's been referenced in films, TV shows, video games and many other venues.

In fact, Markeljevic was in the throes of planning when the inmates of Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center in the Philippines thrilled the YouTube world with their version. "I was like, 'Oh, they beat me to it.' But I took it as a sign that there are other people out there with this same global 'Thriller' consciousness," Markeljevic says.

In 2007, Thrill the World included 1,722 dancers in 52 cities on five continents, setting a Guinness world record for largest worldwide simultaneous "Thriller" dance. Today, she wants to break that record, with 95 cities, including Berlin, Shanghai and Brisbane, Australia. For the first time, Los Angeles will be one of them, at the Hollywood & Highland complex at 11 a.m. today.

No experience is necessary, either as a dancer or a zombie, though you need to learn the dance in advance. "A year ago I was watching YouTube videos of people doing the 'Thriller' dance," says Mahdroo McCaleb, who co-organized the L.A. event with Amanda Ayres. After learning from Markeljevic’s online videos, he led other dancers last year in San Diego. "I taught a Catholic priest to do the dance. He was walking down the sidewalk and asked what we were doing. We told him and asked, 'Do you want to do it?' He said yes, so we put a little fake blood on his head. He already had the outfit."

The L.A. event will be led by teen dance phenom Adam Sevani, and last-minute participants are welcome. "This project is made for beginners with limited to no dance experience," says Markeljevic, who will be at Hollywood & Highland. "If you can say it, you can do it. That's my motto."

Becoming a zombie in 5 easy steps:
1. Pale skin
2. Circles under the eyes
3. Ripped clothes
4. Blood around the mouth
5. Bruises and lacerations

http://blog.syracuse.com/tvreviews/2008/10/stylista_shuns_chic.html

Most dressed like they stepped out of a page in well, Elle Magazine. With a well placed scarf, bright colors, and a Michael Jackson glove, their choice of attire was ridiculed by Elle creative director Joe Zee.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Entertainment/Music/2008/10/25/7201281-sun.html

Teeing off on everyone from Hootie to MC Hammer, from John Wayne to Robert di Niro, from Neil Diamond to Ozzy Osbourne and ending with Michael Jackson and Elvis, naturally, Brown displayed impressive impressionistic skill, mildly risque humour and finely honed material so proven that you might not mind that the act probably hasn't changed much in 10 years. What?! No O.J. Simpson jokes?

http://www.hudsonreporter.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1291&dept_id=523589&newsid=20177398&PAG=461&rfi=9

was noticing over the last couple of years that the decades always come back, but more notably, the '80s are really coming back in a variety of ways," said Perez.

Perez said that after he got tired of telling students that much of their fashion and music stemmed from icons like Michael Jackson and Madonna, he decided to make it an educational experience.

The "party" will take place in 1989. While the students spent countless hours memorizing music videos on youtube.com, Perez said that they also learned all of the parallels between 1989 and today.

http://www.timesherald.com/articles/2008/10/25/news/doc4902ab889beac620497218.txt

Krueger lied to his victims that he was a “high roller” who studied music technology at the University of Miami and he lured several of his victims to Atlantic City casinos, according to authorities. Krueger, who claimed to have been nominated for several Grammy Awards, even told one of the victims in March that he was in Scotland producing a CD for Michael Jackson.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a133665/hylton-hoping-for-x-factor-praise.html

Two weeks ago, the aspiring singer's mentor Dannii Minogue was criticised for choosing Robyn's 'With Every Heartbeat' as her song for the first live show. The row led to Hylton picking her own track, Michael Jackson's 'Dirty Diana', last weekend - but she still feels that she has yet to show what she is capable of.

Michael Jackson HIStory for October 25, 2008:

1996 - In the U.S., Michael Jackson's mini-film "Ghosts" opened with Stephen Kings "Thinner."

so if i read this right, Michael has a category of his own for the Thriller Dance - how many participants - in Guiness? that's amazing.

Back