Obama: "he was the best"

I don't see where he said that? ar 7.726 they talk about Michael's colaboration with AmeriCares?

No Obummer here. He's not brave enough to deliver what is due, obviously, and he's acted in a cowardly manner throughout his entire presidency thus far, so I'm not entirely surprised that he has yet to deliver anything we would remotely recognize as a compliment to Michael and his legacy. If he does in future, it won't be worth smack, because he didn't divulge it when it was most needed, when his fans were fresh in mourning, when words of comfort would have helped the most. So, he can keep his compliments to himself, as far as I'm concerned.

Despite his various shortcomings, one's ought to hand it to him: he definitely beats the idiot we were stuck with for eight years.

No Obummer here. He's not brave enough to deliver what is due, obviously, and he's acted in a cowardly manner throughout his entire presidency thus far, so I'm not entirely surprised that he has yet to deliver anything we would remotely recognize as a compliment to Michael and his legacy. If he does in future, it won't be worth smack, because he didn't divulge it when it was most needed, when his fans were fresh in mourning, when words of comfort would have helped the most. So, he can keep his compliments to himself, as far as I'm concerned.

I agree completely. I can't believe Obama had the nerve to compliment Michael! Who does he think he is? Evil man. :lol:

My only problem with him regarding Michael is the fact that he comes off as insincere. I remember the "statement" he made shortly after Michael's death, and it was, to say it in politest terms, unsatisfactory. I don't think Obama is an evil man, he's just a coward from what I have seen, but that's not uncommon among U.S. Presidents, so I'm not surprised. Like I said, he sure beats the alternative. In any case, like I said, it's the fact that he didn't bother to say anything even remotely sincere about Michael at the time he passed, and only basically said he had a couple of his songs on his iPod. We all know why he didn't say anything worth much, of course, and that's why I think him a coward.

If it wasn't for people like Michael Jackson who paved the way for racial acceptance and broke down barriers in all fronts, not just music, he wouldn't be president today, most likely.

My only problem with him regarding Michael is the fact that he comes off as insincere. I remember the "statement" he made shortly after Michael's death, and it was, to say it in politest terms, unsatisfactory. I don't think Obama is an evil man, he's just a coward from what I have seen, but that's not uncommon among U.S. Presidents, so I'm not surprised. Like I said, he sure beats the alternative. In any case, like I said, it's the fact that he didn't bother to say anything even remotely sincere about Michael at the time he passed, and only basically said he had a couple of his songs on his iPod. We all know why he didn't say anything worth much, of course, and that's why I think him a coward.

If it wasn't for people like Michael Jackson who paved the way for racial acceptance and broke down barriers in all fronts, not just music, he wouldn't be president today, most likely.

I agree.

That's nice but I have never gotten the feeling he was a fan. I know he doesn't have to be and that's fine.

Did the man say, do not exxagerate, right after President Obama says, "He was the best, not one of the best." Did I hear correctly?

All I remember is just after Michael died Obama came out and said "..His brilliance as a performer was also paired with a tragic and in many ways sad personal life"

Ouch..

I just think Obama's personality is cool and even tempered. Not very emotional. I would not take his reaction (or non-reaction) to Michael's passing personally. I'm sure he was a fan of his music like so many. He wasn't friends with MJ like Clinton was.

He was the best, not one of the best
i love you michael

Yes, the president of the US must say good things about MJ. That is his job isn't? It's good for the country. I can't take him serious anymore cause he didnt do that....

Come on, ofcourse he's not gonna spend his time talking about MJ in the media. Im guessing he got better things to do.

Agreed.

Not sure what people considered "shortly after passing", but the President didn't make a statement for a few days. His press secretary was asked repeatedly by the media about the Presidents reaction... nothing.... for quite a few days (maybe up to a week i don't remember). I couldn't believe it, it wasn't until the President and Gibbs was pressed repeatedly, they mustered up a statement which you kindly described as unsatisfactory. I would use a different word but I won't go there.

And what do you expect from a President whose best friend is Oprah..... we know exactly how she feels about Michael.

And the President has a lot on his plate and he probably shouldn't spend a lot of time on many things... but making a decent and sincere statement about the passing of Michael Jackson is probably the right thing to do.

I mean, he has time to play basketball with college teams, he has time to host sports champions at the white house, he has time to fill out the March Madness bracket, he has time for evening concerts at the White House, but not making a public statement at the passing of Michael Jackson? PLEASE!

Back