NZ comedy film trailer with MJ fan character

mjbunny

Proud Member
:lol: This is a trailer for a film called "Boy" from New Zealand. Looks really cute. Lots of MJ references :D "My favorite subjects are Art, Social Studies... and Michael Jackson." :punk:

Info on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560139/

I couldn't find this posted anywhere yet. :unsure:

It's New Zealands number one comedy ever !! It's awesome.

^That movie was introduced at the Sundance Film Festival, this past January. The reviews I have read weren't very positive. But from the trailer, it does seem interesting...too bad they weren't given permission to use MJ's music.

I have seen the movie. It is actually very good. ALOT of references to MJ. At the end of the movie they do a Thriller dance incorporated with the NZ haka. Very funny.

Yeah i've seen it as well. It's a great movie, i don't know where the negative reviews would come from. There are lots of random MJ bits all the way through it.

i have seen the movie. it's really positive about Michael but doesnt go into "MJ theme" at all. It's like when Boy mentions him... or like his dream to see him... to imagine his dad can dance as good as Mike, or wearing MJ stuff, doing MJ moves... or when situations of everyday life turn into Mike's videos in his imagination. The movie is absolutely lovely. There are some jokes that probably only kiwis would understand and some characters have this Maori accent so it's not your blockbuster. But it's absolutely lovely, positive, fun and hope giving. I LOVED it.

The funniest part for me was when at the end they did Thriller dance and combined it with traditional Maori dancing. It was done with SO MUCH STYLE and so much respect towards both Michael and Maori. it's just wow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwqfR8g-Qow

Last edited:
Wow
that looks like it would be such a cute and funny movie
I would love to see it :) He seems very proud of his dad
and to be a MJ fan _ The BOY is really cute

That looks very fuuny, is there anywhere we could watch it now.
You mean besides New Zealand? :lol: Not that I can find. It was in the US, but only at the Sundance Film Festival. Not released anywhere yet. I'd really like to see it, darn it :D

This movie seems like a lot of Fun.
I hope it comes to the U.S.; so, I can see it. :yes:

You mean besides New Zealand? :lol: Not that I can find. It was in the US, but only at the Sundance Film Festival. Not released anywhere yet. I'd really like to see it, darn it :D

It probably won't get released over here so we'll have to wait for it to come online.

Back