Number Ones (Collectors Edition)

I bought from Turkey and our version is different (not album cover) BEN Live version is not on my CD. My version has Human Nature. And that album cover is fake. There is no photo like that, actually belongs to billie jean. I think this is the original; looks from dangerous tour

006.jpg
41TAKKhuwxL.jpg

why did they change his hairs !?!?

I bought from Turkey and our version is different (not album cover) BEN Live version is not on my CD. My version has Human Nature. And that album cover is fake. There is no photo like that, actually belongs to billie jean. I think this is the original; looks from dangerous tour

006.jpg
41TAKKhuwxL.jpg

why did they change his hairs !?!?

Who knows, maybe Michael wanted the hair changed. It's a pretty good photoshop because I never noticed until now (despite The Essential having that photo on the back case) :p

EDIT: This isn't the nicest suggestion, but it's realistic to a degree. Number Ones came out in 2003, and as we all know, in the mid-2000s Michael's public perception was pretty much at an all time low. Compilations are almost always for the general public (since the fans already have all but maybe one or two of the tracks on the album) and with Michael's low public perception, it would be harder to sell copies of the album. Regardless of whether you're a fan of him or not, no-one can deny he was an untouchable juggernaut in the 80s, which many call his prime. As such, Sony would want to market an image of Michael Jackson in his prime as the artwork of an album that would be very reliant on the general public.

The hair Michael had in the 1980s was pretty distinctive, so they found this amazing and relatively iconic image (due to the toestand and glove), photoshop it to a 1980s haircut and boom. You have an image of Michael Jackson in his prime, the image they would want people to remember so they'd feel more likely to buy an album filled to the brim with his best songs, many of which are from what is considered his prime. Yes, this image is from the Dangerous era, but to the general public, 80s Michael Jackson is the best Michael Jackson.

So in short, Sony would want to market the Michael Jackson that everybody knows and loves in his unstoppable prime where his public perception was at an all-time high. While no, it's not the nicest and most positive idea, that's just a more realistic idea I had from a more marketing perspective.

Last edited:
Has anyone bought this new Number Ones release?
http://www.amazon.com/Number-Ones-C...=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1375497643&sr=1-1

I wonder if there is anything in the booklet besides the usual 4 pictures.

The Collector's Edition features some of music's all-time classic titles with the front and back cover, inside panels and book enlarged to an 8" x 8" size similar to a mini-LP. Michael Jackson - Number Ones Collector's Edition 8-page display-sized is perfect for your coffee table or book shelf

Review
Its great! I love it!
Looks like a 7" Vinyl but there is a CD and a beautiful booklet inside!
Very nice...

Has anyone bought this new Number Ones release?
http://www.amazon.com/Number-Ones-C...=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1375497643&sr=1-1

I wonder if there is anything in the booklet besides the usual 4 pictures.

Yes, I bought it. :) To my shame I have to admit that I never bought the Number Ones CD. So I cannot say if there is any difference, but it definitely is a really nice collectors item. The whole thing looks very high-valued, I have to say, I really like it.

It is, how quee already described, sized like a vinyl single to open like a folder.

The 4 pictures inside the booklet are very well known, nothin' new.

Different to the CD BOTDF is not on the tracklist. Therefore Ben (live) is added.

Last edited:
When I got the album, it doesn't have "Human Nature", it got "Ben" (Live).

Nope, that image is History tour. Two gold stripes on pants. In Dangerous tour there was one silver stripe. And yes it was used for the cover.

Back