Number 1 in 5 Decades

Emjay

Proud Member
Is Michael Jackson the only artist to have a number 1 single in 5 decades?

60's (I Want You Back - USA)
70's
80's
90's
00's (You Rock My World - France)

or should we only go by USA charts or UK charts?

Only person I can think of is Cliff Richard 50's 60's 70's 80's 90's

So sad to think if he lived until he was old - how many records would he have broken. I suppose he'll still break many records over the next few decades!

I'm sure he'll get a number 1 single next decade to make it 6!

They are planning to release a new Michael Jackson album next year (2010) which will include over a dozen new songs recorded in the period between 2005-2009. It will be the "comeback" album the press talked about during the last several years. Michael Jackson worked with Akon, RED One, Will.i.am, Ne-Yo, R Kelly, Rodney Jerkins, and other less known producers during his last 4 years alive. Jackson also recorded several songs written and composed solely by himself. All together, I am told there is between 12 and 15 songs that are "album quality" and can make the album. No track list has been finalized neither has the album title, or release date. Expect to hear more about this in 2010. I imagine there will be a few singles released from this album and they will be worldwide smash hits. The album itself will without a doubt debut at #1 all over the world and sell millions.

exactly - I am still very excited about 'New' material. I'm interested to see what will happen with the music videos. Something I've always thought about even when he was alive (as he loved being untouchable) was to turn him into a cartoon (toy story/bugs life style)! That way like the Simpsons or Mickey Mouse he could really go on forever! I'm sure there are many positive and negative sides to an MJ cartoon.

As far I know it's Cliff Richard who holds that record...I'm not sure about it being number one... :unsure:

They are planning to release a new Michael Jackson album next year (2010) which will include over a dozen new songs recorded in the period between 2005-2009. It will be the "comeback" album the press talked about during the last several years. Michael Jackson worked with Akon, RED One, Will.i.am, Ne-Yo, R Kelly, Rodney Jerkins, and other less known producers during his last 4 years alive. Jackson also recorded several songs written and composed solely by himself. All together, I am told there is between 12 and 15 songs that are "album quality" and can make the album. No track list has been finalized neither has the album title, or release date. Expect to hear more about this in 2010. I imagine there will be a few singles released from this album and they will be worldwide smash hits. The album itself will without a doubt debut at #1 all over the world and sell millions.

Who decides on the tracklist now? As much as I`ll play the album I`ll always have "is this what Michael would have decided on?" at the back of my mind, for example, Im sure Sony wouldnt have chose Speachless for Invincible had they had the say

I know what you mean but really, why not france? or any other country? surely a number 1 hit is a number 1 hit?

I suppose Americans wouldn't be impressed with Cliff Richards UK record and would say it dosn't count. Who writes the history books? Americans - Europeans? What about other sides? Sorry going into deeper things.

It would be great for the new album !! But in the same time i'm with Zeus 7!!! I hope taht someone who is very close to Mj choose the tracklist it it will be closer to what the king wanted!!! :)

Michael Jackson never made it into the studio to record any Ne Yo material and only completed one song with Akon. Apart from Hold My Hand, no other Akon songs made it past the 'ideas' stage. This information came from Ne Yo and Akon themselves, so it sounds as though your information is coming from old news articles on the net.

Back