November 6, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Morning everyone *waves*

I haven't had any caffine and managed to lose the entire news thread that was already done :doh: So bear with me while I compile all of the info again.

Ok, news and mentionings:

Do you look like Michael Jackson?
[SIZE=-1]Sunday Mercury, UK - 13 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]PRODUCERS have announced open auditions to find an unknown to play a young Michael Jackson on the West End stage. The wannabe star, aged between 11 and 15, ...[/SIZE]

A dream move for Kylie's guru
[SIZE=-1]Sydney Morning Herald, Australia - 7 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In July Bonachela told the Herald he began to dance at 10 when he saw the video of Michael Jackson's Thriller. At 16 he attended jazz ballet classes in ...[/SIZE]

MTV EMA awards - Our top picks (Part Two)
[SIZE=-1]FemaleFirst.co.uk, UK - 8 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Finally we have newcomer Chris Brown who has been praised by none other than the King Of Pop Michael Jackson for his contribution to music. ...[/SIZE]

Today's hopeful is touted as the new Timbaland and is currently ...
[SIZE=-1]guardian.co.uk, UK - 37 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... and heir of Eddie Van Halen circa Michael Jackson's Beat It. The track itself has the power of metal and swagger of hip hop, even if the lyric - "Yeah! ...[/SIZE]

Major New Box Sets From ABBA, Motown, KISS, Reba and White Zombie ...
[SIZE=-1]SYS-CON Media, NJ - 40 minutes ago
[SIZE=-1]... Marvin Gaye , Four Tops, Martha & the Vandellas, Mary Wells , Gladys Knight & the Pips, the Jackson 5, Diana Ross , Michael Jackson , the Commodores, ...[/SIZE]

The New Hotness: FourTrack Audio Recorder for iPhone, iPod Touch
[SIZE=-1]Wired News - 51 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Eliot Van Buskirk November 06, 2008 | 7:45:32 AMCategories: Music Tools Legend has it that Michael Jackson devised the ridiculously catchy bassline for ...[/SIZE]

Read more...
[SIZE=-1]Connected Online, Ireland - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In heartbreaking news, Michael Jackson has confirmed that he will not be joining the Jackson 5 reunion but at least he's in the studio working on new ...[/SIZE]

Loulé’s Halloween parade success
[SIZE=-1]Portugal Resident, Portugal - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Later in the evening, musical band La Plante Mutante played some of the 80’s greatest hits, including Madonna’s Material Girl and Michael Jackson’s Thriller ...[/SIZE]

[/b]

'No one asked me about SRK's favourite colour'
[SIZE=-1]Screen Weekly, India - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]For Farah, one of the high points of her London visit was a chance meeting with Steve Barron, director of Michael Jackson's chartbuster single 'Billie Jean' ...[/SIZE]

Beatles music to be in new video game
[SIZE=-1]Ithaca Journal, NY - 3 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]“That is the plan,” said Marty Bandier, chief executive of Sony/ATV, a joint venture between Sony Corp. and trusts benefiting Michael Jackson, which own the ...[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1971 - Michael Jackson's first solo single "Got To Be There" was released.

2001 - Michael Jackson's single "Butterflies" was premiered on radio stations in the U.S.

COMMUNITY NEWS:

We have ENEWS!!!!! :clapping: For more information please see this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57070

We also are hiring some News Staff so if you would like to contribute to MJJC's News Team please get more information from this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57024

The community will be taking a hands on approach for Michael's Christmas Present this year. For more information check out this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57011

And we currently have a Graphics Contest going. For more information on this see this thread http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57005

Last edited:
Thanks for posting, Shannon.

In heartbreaking news, Michael Jackson has confirmed that he will not be joining the Jackson 5 reunion

Heartbreaking? LOL. More like, "duh". Oh well.... some people are gonna see it their way.

According to today's Billboard.biz:

"Sony/ATV In Deal For Estefano Works

Sony/ATV Music Publishing has purchase the catalog of Colombian singer/songwriter/producer Estefano.

The deal includes all songs from Estefano's THREE publishing companies: Blue Platinum Publishing, World Deep Music Publishing and Polydharma. Estefano has written hits for Gloria Estafan, Jon Secada, Shakira, Chayanne, Paulina Rubio, Thalia, Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez, among many others.

Although Sony would not disclose the amount paid to Estefano, sources in the industry calculate it would be a least several million dollars, given the depth of the catalog."

I am not familiar with Estefano, but the article goes on to say that he has won BMI's Latin songwriter of the year award SEVEN times and scored seven No. 1 hits on Billboard's Hot Latin Songs chart. Which means, homeboy obviously knows what he's doing when it comes to writing a song.

More CHA-CHING for Mr. Jackson!

Morning everyone *waves*

I haven't had any caffine and managed to lose the entire news thread that was already done :doh: So bear with me while I compile all of the info again.

That has happened to me as well LOL
A real pain in the ass!!

Big Apple - not only is that CA-CHING but a lot of CA-CHING at that! :) Hehehehhe.

In heartbreaking news, Michael Jackson has confirmed that he will not be joining the Jackson 5 reunion

I actually think this is a really cute quote. We each have our own opinion about a J5 reunion, but it's kinda nice to hear peeps outside of the fan world saying stuff like that.

Sony/ATV Music Publishing has purchase the catalog of Colombian singer/songwriter/producer Estefano.

The deal includes all songs from Estefano's THREE publishing companies: Blue Platinum Publishing, World Deep Music Publishing and Polydharma. Estefano has written hits for Gloria Estafan, Jon Secada, Shakira, Chayanne, Paulina Rubio, Thalia, Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez, among many others.

Although Sony would not disclose the amount paid to Estefano, sources in the industry calculate it would be a least several million dollars, given the depth of the catalog."

I am not familiar with Estefano, but the article goes on to say that he has won BMI's Latin songwriter of the year award SEVEN times and scored seven No. 1 hits on Billboard's Hot Latin Songs chart. Which means, homeboy obviously knows what he's doing when it comes to writing a song.

Damn! Michael Jackson is sooooooo broke, i mean i've never seen anyone so broke before. I hope that someday i can be as broke as him

06/11/2008 : Listen Up ! The Lives of Quincy Jones

The Amazon.com site announces for January 27, 2009, the release of a documentary DVD: " Listen Up ! The Lives of Quincy Jones" (1991). This documentary is about the life of Quincy Jones and contains in particular an interview of Michael Jackson.

Sources : Amazon.com

A handful of articles on the broadway show...

[SIZE=-2]Gigwise[/SIZE]
Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' To Be Made Into Broadway Musical?
[SIZE=-1]Gigwise, UK - 2 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]by Jason Gregory A musical interpretation of the video for Michael Jackson's hit song 'Thriller' is set to debut on Broadway, according to US media reports. ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]London Theatre Guide - Online[/SIZE]
West End Thriller show starts hunt for ‘young Michael Jackson
[SIZE=-1]Stage, UK - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Producers of Michael Jackson musical Thriller - Live, which is to open in the West End next year, have launched a search to find a young unknown singer to ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Broadway World[/SIZE]
Michael Jackson Musical THRILLER-LIVE Hits the West End in '09
[SIZE=-1]Broadway World, NY - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Thriller - Live, the West End's billed as the UK's "next big musical", featuring the mega-hit songs of Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5, is going to make one ...[/SIZE]

***** soundalike sought for stage
[SIZE=-1]BBC News, UK - 28 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Producers of a West End show based on pop singer Michael Jackson are to hold open auditions to find a young actor to play the musical legend on stage. ...[/SIZE]

I have to laugh Michael is going to own songs that have been sung by Motolla's wife LMAO!oh the irony :rollin:

LOL , I know I saw the irony in that too!! Well done to the SONY ATV Team -- those guys are working very very hard -- I suspect it is alot of hard work that goes into making these business developments a reality.

Back