November 13, 2008

Momma Shannon

Proud Member
Hey guys, Sorry the news is gonna be late today - had a family emergency this morning.

Let me go see what I can did up :yes:

Some articles on Neverland...

[SIZE=-2]China Daily[/SIZE]
Michael Jackson Lets Neverland Fly Away
[SIZE=-1]E! Online - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]AP Photo/Lois Bernstein; Pool Photographer/Getty Images Michael Jackson has turned the deed to his financially plagued Neverland Ranch over to a company ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson gives Neverland to corporation [SIZE=-1]The Associated Press[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson Sells Neverland Ranch [SIZE=-1]Associated Content[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/SIZE]

TOP STORIES 11-13-2008: Catholic Church cuts funding to ACORN ...
Gather.com, MA - 2 hours ago
Michael Jackson has sold his Neverland Ranch reportedly for $35 million. It seems that in this economy, even Michael Jackson can't afford to never grow up. ...

Toilets In Space
[SIZE=-1]Sky News, UK - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]From Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch to toilets in space, we've dug out the and more. Joining us tonight will be Shiny Shiny'sSusi Weaser. ...[/SIZE]

Michael Jackson’s Thriller Is Back on The Top of America’s Charts
[SIZE=-1]UrbanMecca, FL - 4 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Michael Jackson’s Thriller, the world’s top-selling album of all time, is back at the top of the charts this week following a Halloween-inspired surge in ...[/SIZE]

Master of Music Mastering
[SIZE=-1]Palisadian-Post, CA - 32 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]... blueprint for contemporary rap, 8 million sold; Michael Jackson's 'Thriller,' the biggest-selling album of all time, more than 45 million units sold. ...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-2]Gigwise[/SIZE]
Miley Cyrus Mimics Michael Jackson's Thriller
[SIZE=-1]Gigwise, UK - 1 hour ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]by Jason Gregory Miley Cyrus mimics Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' in the video to her new single 'Fly On The Wall'. In the video for the song, which is about ...[/SIZE]

Miley Cyrus Spoofs Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' Video -- Swapping ...
[SIZE=-1]MTV.com - 5 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The clip spoofs Michael Jackson's classic "Thriller" video, but Andelman said that instead of zombies, everyone turns into Miley's worst nightmare: prying ...[/SIZE]

The Department of Pure Energy celebrates 25 Years
[SIZE=-1]Business Mirror, Philippines - 2 hours ago

[SIZE=-1]In 1983, the pubescent Aga Muhlach didn’t even know how to do Michael Jackson’s moonwalk. But there was this teenager named Edgardo Jose Martin Santiago ...[/SIZE]

The Baader-Meinhof Complex and Choking Man - reviews
[SIZE=-1]Telegraph.co.uk, United Kingdom - 34 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Directed by Steve Barron, who made the videos for Michael Jackson's Beat It and A-ha's Take On Me, it's a close-up, personal and painful look at the life of ...[/SIZE]

Northern Irish singing priests to lift spirits with new CD
[SIZE=-1]Reuters India, India - 38 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Yet success may be where the similarity with the likes of Michael Jackson or U2 ends, said Nick Raphael, UK managing director of Sony's Epic Records label. ...[/SIZE]

Today in
Michael Jackson History
2001 - CBS-TV aired a Michael Jackson television special entitled "Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Celebration" which promoted the album "Invincible."

2001 - Michael Jackson's "Greatest Hits: HIStory Vol. 1" was released on DVD.

2001 - Michael Jackson's "Dangerous - The Short Films" was released on DVD.

2001 - The second part of an "Entertainment Tonight" exclusive interview with Michael Jackson aired. The first part was aired the night before.

[/SIZE]

Last edited:
It seems that in this economy, even Michael Jackson can't afford to never grow up.

They came with some gloating remarks on the evening news.
On a other channel they reported about Aretha on being top of the Rolling Stone list, then they mentioned Elvis, Mick Jagger, Michael and Mariah and their numbers. I had the impression they were surprised about that listing, too. Who was chosing the artists? Were the readers the ones who could decide? I remember they also voted against Michael, when Bad was released.

2001 - CBS-TV aired a Michael Jackson television special entitled "Michael Jackson's 30th Anniversary Celebration" which promoted the album "Invincible."

I remember that very well.

It seems that in this economy, even Michael Jackson can't afford to never grow up

Blah. Mike was always grown. A child can't own a home. The media never ceases to amaze me with their stupidity.

On a other channel they reported about Aretha on being top of the Rolling Stone list, then they mentioned Elvis, Mick Jagger, Michael and Mariah and their numbers. I had the impression they were surprised about that listing, too. Who was chosing the artists? Were the readers the ones who could decide? I remember they also voted against Michael, when Bad was released.

I believe the Rolling Stone list was made up by OTHER artist, not the readers.

As to the evening news gloating, I just laugh. LOL! They are sitting behind a desk reading a teleprompter, while MJ lives the life of royalty. He travels the world, whenever he feels like it, is driven around in luxury cars, and spends his nights in high priced hotels or rented mansions. MJ is living the life they can only dream of.

True. Don't wanna recall what they said. I just dislike it when they begrude MJ anything despite he gives his all and shares everything - even with unfamiliar people

As to the evening news gloating, I just laugh. LOL! They are sitting behind a desk reading a teleprompter, while MJ lives the life of royalty. He travels the world, whenever he feels like it, is driven around in luxury cars, and spends his nights in high priced hotels or rented mansions. MJ is living the life they can only dream of.

Exactly. At the end of the day, they are jealous of the man. He worked his ass off to enjoy the good things in life. Why should anyone hate someone for that? He did everything right and people still wanna hate. Blah. Let the media hate because Mike is still going do what he like.

Thanks for the news thread, Shannon.

they don't even have a story yet. it's just ending up a mystery wrapped inside a riddle, as is MJ's life...but ur right about his royalty compared to the media...

it looks like the dan rather practice continues. gloating before having confirmation of a story. even tmz has some of these other media beat cus they just recyled something from the month of may, and knew it didn't make MJ look bad, and therefore, they 'forgot' to put it at the top of their front page. if anything negative truly happened to MJ, tmz would make it the top of their list of stories.

MEANWHILE...Miley Cyrus is adding to the frey of tributes to MJ...haha....well well well!!!

Speaking of tributes, has this one been talked about? Done well.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgt50jY-2RI man oh man, I was supposed to be getting OFF the internet.. anyways, kids and I liked that and wanted to share with everyone in case it's not been mentioned before.

yeah, tell me about it .Bono is ahead of Luther Vandross, Gladys Knight and Whitney..Bono.

Bono can't even sing, for real. And Patsy Cline and Karen Carpenter being so low is tragic. Someone doesn't know shit about sining.

Whoa, Miley Cyrus's new music video will be a spoof on Thriller? With paparazzi instead of zombies?
That should be interesting.

Back