Nooo, Michael, not an addiction death :-((

AngelWings

Proud Member
I am deeply saddaned by the possibility Michael may have died from a drug addiction. I have lost two friends do drug addictions and it's damaged my life. I have been a fan for about 27 years and to think of Michael being overcome by pathetic drugs makes me feel angry.
I wish as fans, we could have all got together and had a mass intervention many years ago. Why didn't the song 'Morphine' open my ears a bit more.
I guess I am blaming myself and much as I am blaming Michael for not doing more to help himself.

I don't understand addiction. I hate it. I have seen it destroy lives around me. I missed out on stepping in and helping. I get left behind to deal with life while others used drugs.

I feel angry today. I am sad.

Please don't feel sad. The details behind michael's death haven't been announced. And even if his death was due to an addiction, there is nothing that we could have done as fans. What's done is done and I truly believe that it was just his time to go.

unfortunately addiction is an illness, one very hard to overcome with enablers around you. I don't blame the addicts. I blame the dealers. And you definately should blame yourself hun!

Anyway, we don't know anything for cert yet. But if this is the case, you can count on there being a movements by the fans to stop this sort of thing happening again. Those doctors in hollywood must be flushed out!

I always saw Michael as the clean, healthy hero. No alcohol or drugs, vegetarian. To be an addict seems so dirty to me.

I always saw Michael as the clean, healthy hero. No alcohol or drugs, vegetarian. To be an addict seems so dirty to me.

But he was also human. A lot of people held michael on a pedestal that no man could reach, which is theyre having such a hard time getting over his passing. He was a mortal man with extraordinary talents.

If this turn out to be the case (and cause of death), PLEASE don't begin to think negatively of Michael. As a drug addict and self harmer (there is a reason why I've stayed away from this board prior to this event), it's hard for the other side to understand why I do it. I am reserving my words regarding Michael's death until fact is stated rather than speculation, but my reason for doing certain things stem from feeling a lack of happiness and friendship in my life.

Whatever the case maybe, just keep Michael in your heart. No one's perfect, and even the greatest who have walked this earth have been flawed. Even though it's tough, continue trying for understanding...and if you see or know anyone who deals with drugs and/or addiction, try to understand them and help as much as you can before looking too negatively upon them.

I am deeply saddaned by the possibility Michael may have died from a drug addiction. I have lost two friends do drug addictions and it's damaged my life. I have been a fan for about 27 years and to think of Michael being overcome by pathetic drugs makes me feel angry.
I wish as fans, we could have all got together and had a mass intervention many years ago. Why didn't the song 'Morphine' open my ears a bit more.
I guess I am blaming myself and much as I am blaming Michael for not doing more to help himself.

I don't understand addiction. I hate it. I have seen it destroy lives around me. I missed out on stepping in and helping. I get left behind to deal with life while others used drugs.

I feel angry today. I am sad.

Your frustration is normal...no one wants to believe their hero is flawed. However, as much as anyone is willing to accept that he had lupus or vitiligo, or any other disease, is NO DIFFERENT than dying of an addiction. For unfortunate reasons, that no one can explain, certain people are predisposed and trust me when I say that I know he would never had wanted to be an addict and fought it many times. It is a devil of a disease, but a disease nonetheless. Let's keep that in mind when discussing addiction. It is not a weakness of character, but a disease, a dependance. Whatever you want to call it, I can promise you from the bottom of my heart, with all the power in my brain, and with all the conviction of my soul, and with the experience of opiate addiction, that it is not something anyone can easily overcome. It is like any other disease that must be monitored and controlled. I was lucky enough to have a doctor who took care of me, not by cutting me off dry, but by replacing the opiates with less and less powerful ones until they are finally out of my system.

Michael wasn't surrounded by people that were like he was, no my doctor -- who wanted to help, not 'maintain'. Michael's addiction was not a choice. I'll leave it at that. Please don't consider him 'less than', because he is NOT.

Back