Nokia brings Michael Jackson's latest album to Ovi store

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Download is free till Nov 30
http://telenewz.com/article_details.html?id=405

New Delhi: Nokia on Thursday announced that it is bringing pop legend Michael Jackson's latest album to Nokia Ovi store from where music lovers can download MJ's first official single and this is available till November 30.

The song 'Hold my hand' is from the album 'MICHAEL' and is the first official single to be released after his death. The digital edition of the song entitled ‘Hold My Hand’ will be available exclusively on Nokia Ovi Music Store in India till 30th November 2010, Nokia said in a statement. Post this period, the single would be available at other traditional channels as well, the statement added.

‘Hold My Hand’, a duet with R&B singer Akon, is a song they recorded in 2007 and a handwritten note from the music legend indicates his desire that this track be the first single on his next project. However, in its unfinished state, the song leaked out in 2008. Akon recently completed the new and final production of ‘Hold My Hand’ which is now available on Ovi Music Store.
“Michael Jackson’s iconic stature and breathtaking music still captivates million of hearts across all generations. We, at Nokia, are extremely pleased to offer our consumers an opportunity to be the first ones to download his latest single ‘Hold My Hand’ for free from the Ovi Music Store,” Nokia India's Head Services Marketing Jasmeet Gandhi said.

Shridhar Subramaniam, Managing Director, Sony Music India says "We, at Sony Music India, are extremely excited to launch Michael Jackson's new single ‘Hold My Hand’ from the brand new album- "Michael". Michael Jackson stands apart from all other international artists in India- his popularity cuts across age, language and towns. This is a special treat for fans of Michael on the OVI store in India as they can legitimately download his music well in advance of the CD release."

The album is set for a formal launch on December 14. Sony Music in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release the much-anticipated new album MICHAEL. The album contains ten tracks, produced by an esteemed group of producers along with Michael Jackson.

Back