Nick & Aaron Carter’s Sister Leslie Dead At 25

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
So sad. RIP Leslie :(

Nick & Aaron Carter’s Sister Leslie Dead At 25 | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
First Published: January 31, 2012 11:31 PM EST

header_161327.jpg

NEW YORK., N.Y. -- Leslie Carter – the sister of Nick and Aaron Carter – has died, a spokesperson for the Carter family has confirmed to Access Hollywood.

“Our family is grieving right now and it’s a private matter. We are deeply saddened for the loss of our beloved sister, daughter, and granddaughter, Leslie Carter,” the Carter family said in a statement to Access on Tuesday night. “We request the utmost privacy during this difficult time.”

Leslie, an aspiring singer, was 25.

She died earlier in the day on Tuesday in upstate New York. No further details on Leslie’s death were immediately available.

In 2008, she married her husband Mike.

In July 2010, Leslie reportedly announced on her Twitter page that she was pregnant with her first child. Leslie reportedly gave birth to daughter Alyssa Jane Ashton on April 1, 2011.

In 1999, Leslie reportedly signed a record deal with Dreamworks Records and began working on a debut album. However, the album was never released.

Her single, “Like Wow!,” was featured on the “Shrek” soundtrack in 2001.

Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
For people who remember old Disney:

[video=youtube;lFJcvxiUH_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFJcvxiUH_M[/video]

Like_Wow!_(International_Cover)_2.jpg

This must be very hard for them. It is very difficult to lose a family member. I'm very sorry to hear about this.

I hope they can find some solace. :(

How sad. I could think of someone more deserving of that fate in that family. Condolences, etc. to her husband and her child.

Her poor daughter, must be so hard to lose a parent at such a young age, never really knowing them, and Leslie was so young; only 25! RIP Leslie, thoughts and prayers are with her daughter and family at this time.

Ok Sev, im not happy with what Aaron said in the past but no one deserves to die that young. My Thoughts, Prayers and LOVE go out to the whole carter family.

Ok Sev, im not happy with what Aaron said in the past but no one deserves to die that young. My Thoughts, Prayers and LOVE go out to the whole carter family.

No, some people definitely do. I could name a ton of people the world would be a better place without. Leslie Carter, however, is as far as I know not one such person.

I read this yesterday, What a sad thing to happen to such a young woman. Life is cut so short for some people. I hope she has found the peace that she was searching for. It is sad that her child will grow up without her momma. My prayers go out to her family. As we know,,they are hurting so bad right now,

What can you really say in such a tragic situation? You can only offer prayer and well wishes for a grieving family. That poor little baby....

The one thing i know about the Carter family is that they have had a HELL of a life. Most of the 90's i was the biggest BSB fan ever and i learned a lot about the boys. Nick and Aaron's mother was the worst Stage mother. When she got Nick famous and with the other boys she started on Aaron. I had Aaron's very first album through the years he had a much publicized falling out with his mom and started doing any drug he could get his hands on. I'm not trying to make excuses for Aaron and i don't totally forgive him for what he said but to wish death on him isn't something Michael would want.

"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself." – Confucius

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20566610,00.html
Prescription pills may have been the reason behind Leslie Carter's sudden death, TMZ reports.

Family members reportedly believe the 25-year-old singer, a sister of Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter and singer Aaron Carter, may have died of an overdose.

The blond singer, who signed with DreamWorks Records in 1999, was discovered unconscious at the family home in upstate New York Wednesday.

Officials called to the scene were unable to revive her.

According to TMZ, family members home at the time had thought it would be fine to leave Leslie alone for roughly an hour while they ran errands, but when they returned she was unconscious.

Leslie had reportedly recently moved from Canada to the home in western New York’s Chautauqua County in order to be with family as she tried to kick her prescription drug habit.

But even though the family cleared the medicine cabinets of prescription medications, they still suspect errant pills may have led to her death, TMZ said.

The family, which had a 2006 reality show, "House of Carters," is coming to terms with their loss in different ways.

Older brother Nick announced in a statement Wednesday that despite the tragedy, he will continue on with his scheduled tour dates.

"Performing is cathartic to me and I am dedicating the rest of my tour to my sister since she loved to watch me perform," he said in the statement, calling his performances a tribute to his sister.

Meanwhile, younger brother Aaron has decided to temporarily pull out of his Off-Broadway show, "The Fantasticks."

"I am with my family spending much-needed time together as we deal with this private matter," he told Us Weekly in a statement, adding,"I look forward to returning to my ‘Fantasticks’ family and performing the role of Matt for all my amazing fans."

Chautauqua County Sheriff Joseph Gerace told Us magazine that he "cannot give the cause of death because we do not have one yet. We are waiting on toxicology reports."

Carter is survived by her husband of three years, Mike Ashton, and a daughter, Alyssa Jane Ashton.

jchen@nydailynews.co m

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20566610,00.html
Leslie Carter, the 25-year-old sister of Nick and Aaron Carter, suffered an apparent overdose and had been taking medication for depression, according to a police report released Thursday.

Leslie, who was an aspiring singer, died on Tuesday in upstate New York. An official cause of death is pending toxicology tests.

Her stepmother, Ginger Carter, told authorities that Leslie had "a long history of mental illness" and seemed depressed the morning before she died, according to an incident report from the Chautauqua County sheriff.

Leslie was staying at her father's house with her 10-month-old baby. She had coffee that morning on the porch with her stepmother and complained that she was "not feeling great," the report says.

She then went to the bathroom and stayed in there so long that Ginger became concerned. Ginger spoke to Leslie through the door and found out that Leslie had fallen in the shower.

Ginger then helped Leslie lie down in bed and Leslie appeared to fall asleep. At one point, Ginger brought Leslie's baby into the bedroom "in the hopes that [Leslie] would wake up and play with the baby."

"Ginger stated that [Leslie] did not wake up but seemed to be okay and just sleeping," says the report. "Ginger states that she looked at [Leslie] and she had all the color to her skin and was breathing. Ginger took the baby out of the room and closed the door."

Leslie's father came home around 4:16 p.m. and Leslie "was found in the bedroom not breathing or responding," says the report. Robert attempted CPR and then 911 was called. Leslie was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Authorities had found near Leslie medication to treat schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and anxiety, as well as a muscle relaxant.

Authorities later interviewed Ginger, who "appeared to be under the influence of an unknown drug" and had "slurred speech, pin-point pupils, glassy eyes and kept falling asleep."

Ginger said she had taken as many as six pills, including possibly Xanax, and as her police interview continued the officer became concerned that Ginger was at risk of an overdose.

"Ginger stated that she is only supposed to take four [pills] but Robert gave her an extra one because of Leslie passing away," says the report, which does not say whether Ginger received medical attention.

• Reporting by MARISA LAUDADIO

Whoever said someone else in that family was more deserving of death....that disgusts me. NOBODY deserves to die, no matter what their choices in life or what they've done. Nobody. And wishing death upon another person is about as low as you can get.

I hope the Carter family is doing okay, what a loss indeed.

Whoever said someone else in that family was more deserving of death....that disgusts me. NOBODY deserves to die, no matter what their choices in life or what they've done. Nobody. And wishing death upon another person is about as low as you can get.

I hope the Carter family is doing okay, what a loss indeed.

No one who is innocent, deserves to die.. However, someone who is evil and mean person such as a murder and rapist, then that person do deserve to die imo.

But in Leslie's case, she was a nice and innocent person, so she doesn't deserve to die... I hope she is in a better place right now and my condolences go to the Carter Family.

^ I'm sorry but nobody deserves to die FULL STOP. I do not believe any one person is entirely "evil", everybody can be helped and should be offered help.

^Everyone deserves help, but there are people in this world who can't be changed, no matter what someone does for them... They will stay the same and be a consistent harm to the society... So, isn't it worth for one evil person to die than a thousand of inoocent people dying.

And also, you wouldn't be saying this if someone harmed one of your loved ones...

Mod note
Lets not disrespect this topic please - lets not let one persons insensitive
words derail the whole thread .. try and stay on track guys :)

My condolances go out to the whole Carter family - RIP

Back