New York Radio Station 103.5FM To Play Michael Jackson All Day For Anniversary Of His Death

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Anthony Jones - AHN Entertainment Reporter

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States (AHN) - Clear Channel radio station 103.5fm KTU, The Beat of New York, is planning to commemorate the one-year anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death by playing the King of Pop all day and night.
spacer.gif

Airing Friday, June 25th, “MJ All Day” promises to play 24-hours of all Michael Jackson music, including songs from his early days in the Jackson 5, to “Thriller,” to the last pop gems he released.

The radio station is also planning special Jackson segments the following Saturday and Sunday as well.

103.5 KTU has also launched a new website, www.ThankYouMJ.com , in order for listeners to leave personal tributes for Jackson, as well as through Facebook and Twitter. The radio station will read select messages throughout the day.

"KTU's MJ All Day on-air tribute, coupled with our new website, ThankYouMJ.com, is a great way for our listeners to pay tribute to the King of Pop,” said Rob Miller, WKTU Program Director.
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7019033591

They did a fantastic job last year...I expect the same great songs format hem again this year.

I was caught in traffic ..and everyone had their radio on THE BEAT...Nice tribute to the King.

on June 25th 98.7 kiss fm Wbls FM 105.1 fm and hot 97.1 fm all NY stations will be going hard I will be at a MJ industry party next week saturday i'm so emotional still...so i will be in the corner crying my eyes out dancing with some kinda cute fella lol

on June 25th 98.7 kiss fm Wbls FM 105.1 fm and hot 97.1 fm all NY stations will be going hard I will be at a MJ industry party next week saturday i'm so emotional still...so i will be in the corner crying my eyes out dancing with some kinda cute fella lol

do you have (stream) links for these radio stations?

They did a fantastic job last year...I expect the same great songs format hem again this year.

I was caught in traffic ..and everyone had their radio on THE BEAT...Nice tribute to the King.

did they play any songs from Invincible? what was the latest MJ track they played?

That's awesome, I'm sure more radio stations will be playing Michael a lot of the time on Friday. God Friday, can't believe how its gone by so quickly :(

For those of you looking for a stream - this is their website http://www.ktu.com/main.html, you can listen live ( if you live in the USA only). Just clicked on the listen live link and there was some BS about licensing restrictions

bittersweet. and i'm being nice. it was hell getting people to play MJ before he died. now they're claiming him as their own, on radio, in time for the anniversary.

did they play any songs from Invincible? what was the latest MJ track they played?

yes..they played music from Big Boy..to Invincible. They played MJ for 48 hours...so they had to use all his repertoire.

It was bittersweet...Lots of interviews and trivia.

bittersweet. and i'm being nice. it was hell getting people to play MJ before he died. now they're claiming him as their own, on radio, in time for the anniversary.

These black radio stations always played MJ....they seem to be an 80's & 90's station..so to say they are NOW claiming MJ is a flat out lie. His songs weren't played for 48 hours straight...but MJ's r&B songs got their fair share the few times I had listen in the past.

yes..they played music from Big Boy..to Invincible. They played MJ for 48 hours...so they had to use all his repertoire.

It was bittersweet...Lots of interviews and trivia.

These black radio stations always played MJ....they seem to be an 80's & 90's station..so to say they are NOW claiming MJ is a flat out lie. His songs weren't played for 48 hours straight...but MJ's r&B songs got their fair share the few times I had listen in the past.

it was NOT a flat out lie here in california. and i listened a LOT.

That's wonderful! SO great they are honoring THE KING like this. I am in NY and will be listening to the radio all day on Friday. Last year on the 25th, I didn't listen to any of the radio stations, at least not for long. I turned on the radio and ALL of the stations here were playing MJ. Almost every single one. I couldn't listen though. I was too upset. Too sad. Too emotional.

But this Friday I will listen to the radio and i'm so glad MJ is being honored. He deserves it.

For those of you in New Jersey/NYC area (I think they might get the station there), NJ 101.5 will be airing some sort of tribute next weekend. It could possibly be on Friday evening, but I'm not sure. They just said next weekend, and that's the only time that they play music.

Also for those in NY CBS 101.1 is doing a tribute for Michael. They play Michael and Jackson 5 songs EVERYDAY as it is but they are doing something for the 25th.

But I will see what KTU has in store for friday. The king will be remembered and that's what matters.

my local station here in Miami is also doing something for Michael on 25Jun
Are you a part of the HOT 105 Extended Family? Sign in or join now. Why join?

Text size: A A A

South Florida's Online Community Connection

Remember the Times

Celebrating the Music of Michael Jackson

It still sounds surreal, it still sounds unbelievable but this Friday, June 25th is the one year anniversary of Michael's death.

We remember and pay tribute to the legend and pop culture icon with back-to-back music starting at midnight on June 25th along with special coverage from Tom Joyner Morning Show and Michael Baisden .

Back