New Release: Michael Jackson’s Earth Song – a Heavenly, Contemporary-Retro Version from "Revibe"

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
http://www.pr.com/press-release/370790

London, United Kingdom, November 27, 2011 --(PR.com)-- The King of Pop’s "Earth Song" was released on 27 November 1995 and became a No 1 hit throughout Europe. His message is even more relevant today: "The planet is sick, like a fever. And if we don’t fix it now, it’s at the point of no return. We’re all One, …we need to put love back into the world and take care of the planet,” said Michael.

Nemo Shaw’s "Earth Song" is a fresh, original and exciting inspiration with a certain gravitas. The sombre delivery both contrasts and compliments the heavenly choir, resulting in an elevating and sublime creation:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p1xx8RMuFlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Harold Wood of "Planet Patriot" says, "I think better than the original is a version by Nemo Shaw available on YouTube which uplifts & transports the listener to higher realms. Beautiful sounding and with a nice video accompaniment, the song features entrancing angelic voices."

Captivating, striking, mesmerizing, powerful, poignant – may be some of the words used to describe this "Anthem to the Earth," this clarion call. However, in truth, it is a not-to-be missed transcendental experience that culminates in a deafening, earthshaking silence, according to Ann Lewiss of Revibe.

Nemo Shaw is a 33 yr old Scots-born singer-songwriter who plays acoustic guitar, occasional piano and harmonica. After playing the gig circuit in UK's East Midlands, he has more recently been nurturing his vision and developing his music in the recording studio. Earth Song is the latest creation.

His music is described as Contemporary-Retro, a genre which refocuses on the timeless musical art form of instrument and voice. It deconstructs and reconstructs music in innovative ways. This type of music promotes the fullest depths of feeling, imagination and reflection.

Nemo’s song "Ireland" is listed on iTunes and was played on BBC Radio. More music at:

http://www.nemoshaw.co.uk
http://www.re-vibe.co.uk
Contact Ann Lewiss
Revibe (indie label)

FAR from better than the original. I personally find that those sounds are too loud and you can barely hear his voice, it's all a bit too much. And also...his voice ain't CLOSE to being Michael.

That's all :)

Harold Wood of "Planet Patriot" says, "I think better than the original is a version by Nemo Shaw available on YouTube which uplifts & transports the listener to higher realms. Beautiful sounding and with a nice video accompaniment, the song features entrancing angelic voices."

How can I support this new interpretation after reading this? I just can't.

There is one rule:Michael´s version is always best.

Memefan;3546790 said:
How can I support this new interpretation after reading this? I just can't.

I agree,,,I just can't....:no: NEVER gonna happen!!

Well, I don't even like this guy's voice. It's so, so, so far away from MJ's version. And calling it better, you deserve to be slapped in the face with a fish.

maral;3546824 said:
how is this better than the original? seriously they've sucked the life out of the song.
have the Estate okayed this?

I dont think the Estate has to approve. it.
Anyone can release a cover song. They just have to pay royalites to do so.

I underestand: PR and all but to call it better than the original? Well, someone needs to get his ears checked. Also it's so lacklustre compared to the original.

I have heard lots of people perform this song, even opera singers, but noone could deliver it with the power and passion Michael did!

respect77;3546843 said:
I underestand: PR and all but to call it better than the original? Well, someone needs to get his ears checked. Also it's so lacklustre compared to the original.

I have heard lots of people perform this song, even opera singers, but noone could deliver it with the power and passion Michael did!

Reminds me of the 2010 Grammy Tribute. They got Celine Dion, Smokey Robinson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood and Usher to sing Earth Song. None of them could deliver the song like Michael did. The song only came to life when started to play Michael's ad lib.

Earth song was the last song Michael rehearsed.
Don´t touch it.

:lol:… ummm far from better than the original… Michael had real emotion when he sang this song, when u listen to him u feel the pain, the sadness, the loss, then the hope, the love and understanding. Mike's version makes me wanna go out there and do something to stop the pain… :heart: When i hear this "new" version, I hear NOOO Emotion, it makes me wanna sit at my house and watch TV all day like a couch potato. smh

but thanks for doing the song and keeping Michael's legacy alive. :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

This is ghastly. How can anyone say this is better than Michael's version. This person murdered the song.

Pentum;3546823 said:
Well, I don't even like this guy's voice. It's so, so, so far away from MJ's version. And calling it better, you deserve to be slapped in the face with a fish.

Looooooooooooooooooooooool! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:wtf:

Pentum;3546823 said:
And calling it better, you deserve to be slapped in the face with a fish.

Sure!!! >
Fish_Slap.gif
:p :fear:

Pff!, yeah right "better than the original"...my you know what!

This is a message from The NemoShaw group to a comment I made about the write-up stating it was better than Michaels. I hope that After recieving this message from them we can be more objective and not so defensive. Maybe we can be more respectful toward the artists work and place our venting on the writer of the article instead.

Thanks for the feedback - first&#65279; of all no one could ever better the original Michael Jackson version -
which is a unique and beautiful creation and inspired this work in the first place! The 'promo' being mentioned was
one persons opinion from an environmental group and is no more than that, it was never intented to offend Michael's
fans. We love your website 'Michael Jackson's Army of Love' and we love Michael's work. nemoshawtv

Nemo also sent a PM after i thanked him for clarifying . He said we was upset and confused becuase he wasnt aware of why people were attcking his cover of the song. He is MJ fam and has been a fan of Michael since childhood.

Thanks for your supportive message - I appreciate that as I was feeling a bit upset and confused about the issue.
Thanks for your positive feedback on the song too - the original is an amazing recording and a great piece of songwriting by Michael and really important regarding our wonderful planet Earth and trying to wake people up to the situation we are in. It was a natural choice for me to do a version of this song as it is something I feel very strongly about and also am a fan of Michael Jackson since childhood.

All the best with and thanks again

Nemo

love is magical;3546923 said:
Reminds me of the 2010 Grammy Tribute. They got Celine Dion, Smokey Robinson, Jennifer Hudson, Carrie Underwood and Usher to sing Earth Song. None of them could deliver the song like Michael did. The song only came to life when started to play Michael's ad lib.

Yes, agree completely!

Well, let's face it, this song will never be better than the original.
Michael's vocals, the production everything about the original is unique and special and out of this world, how can anyone do better? I always say it is great that ppl pay tribute to Michael by trying to cover his songs which helps keep his legacy alive, so despite this version being very sub-par, I'm thankful that Michael inspire so many ppl with his music.

Back