New porcelain statue

mthalen

Proud Member
Remember the old porcelain statues from about 12 years ago?
Porcelain_statue_of_Michael_Jackson.jpg

Around the same time a different statue was made, one which shows a waving Michael, with a mask. Some of these statues have been found and they are for sale now.
1297661383-230.jpg

I think the story was that MJ commisoned the first series (with the gold and platinum). The one with the mask was made after that, but was never officially released.

MJ had one on Neverland, as seen here on Juliens Auctions:
lot3379.jpg

As far as I know, Dieter Wiesner was fully responsilbe for the failure of the business with a German producer of these statues (1996-1997)
There were around 1000 statues made but after the court ruled Dieter had to pay it off, around 50.000 German marks.

Hi everyone,

Hello mthalen too, didn't know you were on these forums.

@Moonwalker: It wasn't a german manufacturer, it was a Romanian one as far as I know. He might've had collaborations with other people aswell.

We just recently found these masked statues, there are 5 left now. We are thinking about making more, but we're not sure right now. The history behind these is as mthalen said in the first post. I will keep an eye on this topic if people have any more questions.

god, i remember seeing the gold suit one at a collectors fair a few years ago, and they are still just as ugly now as they were then, and the "new" one is even worse. i wouldn't pay £5 for em, let alone what the ebayers are asking!

Back