New pop stars using bits and pieces of MJ

Piek

Proud Member
Last night I got tired of playing Beat Saber on my Meta Quest... so I was exploring the TV app on that thing. I noticed it had 'concerts', and I saw one by Sabrina Carpenter. I like her song Espresso, so I gave it a try... to my surprise, the virtual concert started with very familiar sounds... During the opening, it's like you're seeing a huge cinema screen (it feels a bit like you are in a drive-in cinema). And this movie The Wreckage starts, which feels like a crime noir (although in color)... and what is used as the film score? The strings from the intro of This Place Hotel (a.k.a. Heartbreak Hotel)! It's very prominent. The rest of the 'concert' has a motel as decor, so it's a fitting choice, I guess... I was surprised to hear those beautiful strings.

You can see it here, although it's meant to be in virtual reality on a Meta headset. (Which makes you feel like Sabrina is dancing just in front of you, at arm length... I wish Michael could have done that.)

So when did you encounter bits and pieces of MJ's work while listening to new pop stars?

I was on the YouTube comments for I believe for one of Ice Spice's video and the top comment said that Ice Spice was inspired by M to make the music video into something interesting to watch insert of just like random pics of her

Back