New Michael Rolling Stone Magazine??

AgentMJ

Proud Member
I came across a picture on Instagram of someone with their "new" Michael magazine and am surprised that not many fans have been talking about it. Has anyone seen it in stores? (or btw has anyone seen it in Australia for my sake?) I haven't seen any news about it on Rolling Stone or anywhere else. I managed to find it on ebay but their aren't many copies. It says on the cover that it is on display until September 11 2014. I'm curious to know if anyone has it and what they think about it.

Here's a picture of it.
BpdKzOdCcAAh5kM.jpg

I just went to Kroger yesterday and saw this magazine. It costs 12.99 dollars and it's like a collection of all the articles written about Michael Jackson by the Rolling Stones from his earliest year to his latest year.

I'm pretty skeptical about how good this could be, given their history with him. Their "tribute" they put out after he died had the same old trap of "oh he was a sweet, talented kid and Thriller was awesome but ZOMG was he ****ed up after that! What a loser! But we're going to make it sound tragic so it doesn't sound like we hate him or anything!" Barf...

F*** Rolling Stone magazine.

I'm pretty skeptical about how good this could be, given their history with him. Their "tribute" they put out after he died had the same old trap of "oh he was a sweet, talented kid and Thriller was awesome but ZOMG was he ****ed up after that! What a loser! But we're going to make it sound tragic so it doesn't sound like we hate him or anything!" Barf...

:clap: My sentiments EXACTLY.

It's actually pretty good. The introduction is by Questlove who says it's a shame that the only way Michael could get the peace and love he desrved is by dying

It's actually pretty good. The introduction is by Questlove who says it's a shame that the only way Michael could get the peace and love he desrved is by dying

Sorry, but I didn't need ?uestlove (or RS) to state the obvious sentiments of those outside the fanbase. If a musician has to die in order to receive peace and love, then that says more about the listener than the music.

To borrow from the sports world, that kind of talk screams BANDWAGON. :smilerolleyes:

I just went to Kroger yesterday and saw this magazine. It costs 12.99 dollars and it's like a collection of all the articles written about Michael Jackson by the Rolling Stones from his earliest year to his latest year.

That's what that is? I saw it the other day checking out at Whole Foods (incidentally they had the "Xscape" album in the cd tray by the conveyor belt). I assumed it was just a special issue full of photographs which would've been more interesting anyway instead of a series of articles.

Yeah! I flipped through the magazine and I saw these old articles that you can easily find on Google. On the back of the magazine, it showcases his pics on the old covers of the Rolling Stone mags. You can go on ebay and search for "MICHAEL JACKSON rolling stone TRIBUTE 50 greatest songs INTERVIEWS FROM ARCHIVES" if you want to have a better look at it.

Sorry for the late response! I didn't know that anyone would still reply to my post.

Back