New Jack Swing songs that don't include Teddy Riley

analogue

Proud Member
Are there any songs that MJ did without Teddy Riley that could be considered New Jack Swing? I've heard some people say that Who Is It is a New Jack Swing song and Speed Demon has elements of New Jack Swing in it

I'm curious too...Although, I still don't really understand the definition of 'New Jack Swing'...lol ...:blush:

I think i hear a little bit of New Jack Swing in This Time Around.

^^ Yeah, but WHY do you think that? What makes it possibly New Jack Swing?...

I'm not an expert but there's just something about This Time Around that sounds simular to the MJ/Teddy tracks on Dangerous

^^ yeah, i see what you mean.....What about Scream? could that be considered New Jack Swing-ish?

^ I'm not sure, I gotta do some research on New Jack Swing now ;)

Are there any songs that MJ did without Teddy Riley that could be considered New Jack Swing? I've heard some people say that Who Is It is a New Jack Swing song and Speed Demon has elements of New Jack Swing in it

I'm a big fan of Teddy and his new jack swing sounds:wub:
I don't consider Speed Demon as a new jack swing song.
Michael's songs are so mixed you can't simply say what the genre is

NEW JACK SWING: It fuses the rhythms, samples and production techniques of hip-hop and dance-pop with the urban contemporary sound of R&B.

I find Superfly Sister to have a New Jack Swing vibe!! But to be 100% honest I never really thought of New Jack Swing as a true "labeled' music style because it is a mixture of a few styles.. and MJ has been doing that before "new Jack" has been out!! Plus for example R&B is a mixture of RHYTHM and BLUES, hip hop is derived from the same roots as motown.. Dance pop is a mixture of motown derived sounds with some Europeanized enfluences.. almost all music we hear now is a mixture of several styles..

what has been the last straight out RAP song you've heard?? No pop mixed into it?? Or whens the last time you've heard an R&B song that did not fall into the Pop charts because it has a Dance-Pop feel.. etc.. its all just sounds now, there is not much seperation like it used to.. at least in popular music that hits mainstream

Back