New Forum: THIS IS IT - At The Cinema

andyroser

Proud Member
The staff at MJJC have decided to open up a new forum in the Forever Michael Jackson section of the site.

The new forum is for all talk surrounding the movie presentation of THIS IS IT.

Topics that should be posted in the new forum:

- All Official News and Information about This Is It: The Film (e.g. Trailers, Posters, Pictures and Information.)

- Speculation surrounding the film (e.g. what will be in the film, length, soundtracks etc)

- Your thoughts on the film (e.g. how you will connect with the film, etc)

We are taking threads from Michael Jackson General Discussion that are related to THIS IS IT - At The Cinema and placing them in the new forum. So if you can't find your thread in MJGD about This Is It, it'll more than likely be in THIS IS IT - At The Cinema. :)

You can find the new forum here:

THIS IS IT - At The Cinema

I can't wait until they announce where This is It will be playing.. I mean which cities.

Great idea, plus I love the new organization of "places you love to hate" with easier accessibility to the tabloid section. I think people will use it properly more often because it's easier to find. Thanks to the mods for their tireless efforts!

Im pumped for the trailer now! even though i know it will make me cry like a baby...

Thank you for doing this MJJC staff. This is a good idea. I will say that I'm a bit upset that they are only releasing this movie for 2 weeks. The powers-that-be are well aware of the number of fans that Michael has; thus to release it only for a limited time is absolutely outrageous. I think the fans deserve to have this available for as long as people will see it. Or maybe even let it run for like 3 mos....I think I've made my point. We can all speculate why they are doing it this way; however, I would love to know the true reason why the limited time release.

I've been watching Michael's videos, concerts and constantly listening to his music. I'm still grieving pretty hard. To see Michael at his creative side before he left us would be great and perhaps even help the many grieving fans gain some sort of closure if that is even possible. Michael was doing what he loved and that is what matters. The only thing that would matter more is if he was doing something with his charities when this happened. Thank you. Respectfully, Kim

Great idea to keep things tidy....but I think the spot you've placed this is in is a bit obscure. For the latest and biggest next thing to happen for fans MJ-wise (besides Murray going to jail) to be in a section so low on the board is kind of a bummer. It's easy to miss wayyyy down there. Feels like a non-event in such a spot. Is there a reason why it's not at the top of the board where all the other upcoming events used to go and could be instantly found? Just a polite and respectful inquiry/suggestion. :flowers:

2bdszr.jpg

Thanks for this. I really wanna see the trailer but I know its gonna make me :cry:

Thanks Mods. I wanted to ask if we could have a section for the movie only..But you guys read my mind..Thank you! thank you! thank you!
I feel a little better now..

thanks andy for making this new thread

this movie is going to be so hard for us to watch

omg

- A trailer should be hitting the Internets and TV this coming weekend.

- It isn't a concert film but rather a 2-hour documentary surrounding Jackson's planned "This Is It" concerts.

- There will be some performance footage.

- The film's full run-time will be between 100 and 130 minutes.

- The DVD/Blu-Ray release will feature the movie plus 2 full hours of Jackson performance footage from the "This Is It" rehearsals.

- The movie's soundtrack will drop after the film's release to coincide with the DVD/Blu-Ray release. It will apparently contain one new Jackson song recorded in the last two years which people are describing as "off the hook."

Props to That Grape Juice for the info.

From another site, hopefully true!

1) Trailers are mostly done, and we’re waiting partly on the footage from the funeral which is being added in now. Expect to see the first ad premiere next weekend. I tried to press him on more info regarding the VMA’s but couldn’t get a confirmation.

2) The movie is not a 2 hour concert like many fans thought. In fact the movie is simply a documentary based around the This Is It tour, it shows Jackson in his final days and includes his death, aftermath, and reaction. Clips from the memorial and funeral will be used.

3) There will be some footage of MJ performing, much longer then the 3-4 minute snippet released at the end of June by AEG. You will see MJ in his dressing room, mingling and directing, plus one scene where he talks to the camera. Basically, it will show Jackson in his final months alive.

4) The movie is between 100 and 130 minutes in length.

5) The plan for the DVD is to have it out in late November by Thanksgiving or early December at the latest, although my source revealed this maybe a long shot if they extend the 2 week showing to 3 or 4 weeks (which is possible).

6) The DVD will contain the theatrical version in its whole plus over 2 hours of Jackson performing, warming up his vocals, singing, and in full costume. The most spectacular footage is by far from the Staples Center in LA which I’m told will “blow fans away”. This extra footage will be a special feature on the DVD along with many other treats that fans will love.

7) Finally, the CD soundtrack I’m told will be released after the movie, most likely sometime in November to coincide with the DVD launch and WILL include a new song Jackson recorded in his last 2 years alive. Apparently the song is “off the hook” and is currently being worked on by producers who are putting the finishing touches on it and is being considered to be issued as a single all around the world.

1) Trailers are mostly done, and we’re waiting partly on the footage from the funeral which is being added in now. Expect to see the first ad premiere next weekend. I tried to press him on more info regarding the VMA’s but couldn’t get a confirmation.

2) The movie is not a 2 hour concert like many fans thought. In fact the movie is simply a documentary based around the This Is It tour, it shows Jackson in his final days and includes his death, aftermath, and reaction. Clips from the memorial and funeral will be used.

3) There will be some footage of MJ performing, much longer then the 3-4 minute snippet released at the end of June by AEG. You will see MJ in his dressing room, mingling and directing, plus one scene where he talks to the camera. Basically, it will show Jackson in his final months alive.

5) The plan for the DVD is to have it out in late November by Thanksgiving or early December at the latest, although my source revealed this maybe a long shot if they extend the 2 week showing to 3 or 4 weeks (which is possible).

6) The DVD will contain the theatrical version in its whole plus over 2 hours of Jackson performing, warming up his vocals, singing, and in full costume. The most spectacular footage is by far from the Staples Center in LA which I’m told will “blow fans away”. This extra footage will be a special feature on the DVD along with many other treats that fans will love.

7) Finally, the CD soundtrack I’m told will be released after the movie, most likely sometime in November to coincide with the DVD launch and WILL include a new song Jackson recorded in his last 2 years alive. Apparently the song is “off the hook” and is currently being worked on by producers who are putting the finishing touches on it and is being considered to be issued as a single all around the world.

Oh my god if this is true i finally be able to see MJ in Blu-ray!

thanks for this new forum..
I still want a heal the world forum too :)

Wow, amazing! I like it!

OMG you can see some new images we haven't seen before. TWYMMF at the bottom. And above that with sunglasses!

I gotta have this poster!:)

Last edited:

Thank you so much for this info! I'm a bit disappointed that the 2 hours won't be mostly rehearsals though.....If I get to see Paris' speech again, and this time at the cinema, I don't know how I'm gonna handle it.

In any case, I'm going to see it, period.

And that poster is amazing!!! :D

Back