New Film: "A * is killed"

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Is Himesh's 'A * Is Killed' based on Michael Jackson's murder?

himeshr11300083146.jpg

http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/2011/03/14/15469/

Himesh Reshammiya is back. And this time around, it is pretty much with a bang. Just when the world was wondering that where had the man disappeared, it has now been revealed that he was quietly making progress on his next film. And this time around it is an international project no less which is titled A * Is Killed (where * stands for STAR). The film is produced by Arifilms and directed by Christophe Lenoir.

While the announcement by itself was enough to make many stand up and take notice, what has further turned out to be shocking is the film's first promo. Those who have had a dekko at it are pretty much sure that A * Is Killed is based on the murder of, hold your breath, none less than Micheal Jackson.

"It is clear that the film is making obvious references to Michaeal Jackson", says a source, "Even though no names are taken, the 100 second promo gives out all the signals indicating that the story is about Jackson who was found dead under mysterious circumstances in June 2009. The film by itself gives the feel of a chilling dramatic thriller."

The teaser, which is currently available online, has a few shots from the film interspersed with quotes/snippets from friends, supporters and family members of the killed superstar, all of whom are expressing a sense of disbelief that the man is not amidst them any more. A * Is Killed is said to be taking on from this point on and seemingly unfolds truth behind this murder.

So where does Himesh Reshammiya come into picture? Well, he plays the character of Sidharth Patel, who is an Indian musician mesmerized by the superstar who gets killed. The promo established his importance to the film's plot as he is shown as the man who takes his own course to unveil the truth.

As per sources, Himesh (who by the way is the only Indian actor in this international project) was selected by the producer Arifilms and director Christophe Lenoir because they felt that he really suited the part of Sidharth Patel. Though further details are awaited around the film and it has to be seen whether Himesh's international venture goes on to hit the bull's eye, A * Is Killed is all set to open the Pandora's box as it would well compel viewers worldwide to think about who actually killed Jackson.

Re: Is Himesh's 'A * Is Killed' based on Michael Jackson's murder?

Thanks for posting Moonwalker.Fan.

I haven't seen the promo so don't know what to make out of it. But would just like to say that Himmesh Reshmaiya is a very successful new generation music director/singer of Bollywood. He debuted a few years ago as an actor with a hit film(I think it was called 'Aapka suroor') which was the story of a superstar singer who is falsely accused of raping and murdering a young woman. He is innocent ofcourse, but the police and media are after him(cause he is a superstar, you know what I mean). His girlfriend and a few friends believe in his innocence, and as a fugitive he sets out to prove his innocence and eventually succeeds! And do you know WHO set him up? His own RECORD COMPANY!!! I hardly ever watch Hindi movies, but the moment I saw the first few minutes of it as it started, I was like O my God, this is so much like Mike's story so I watched till the end. And I cried. As I was watching, my mum came and sat down and watched till the end too, I didn't say a word about what I was thinking and half way through the film she said "Michael Jackson and Sony?" and I was like :(

Since I haven't seen the promr all I can say is that I really hope this film treats Michael fairly(though I hate, simply hate to think they'd make such a film inspired by this global tragedy that has left us sad, shaken and broken beyond belief) and does good to his image! India absolutely loves Michael Jackson and am sure the film will be released here as well since it has Himesh.

Last edited:
Wish I wouldn't have watched that, but thanks for sharing anyway. :D

Hmm...I don't know what to think of this.

"Who the hell gives a man propofol to sleep?" ....of course this is about Michael's story. But why? Just to make money off of his death? Or to actually tell the true story (even though no one really knows the true story )?

BTW this was already posted here

Last edited:
Seems like someone was watching the news footage after his death, thought, "Wow, this could be made into a movie.. I'm gonna do it."
Then they went to their computer or notepad, started jotting down this attempt at a script. Then, after a night of hard work, the movie was completed, he sent it to independent film agencies.

Every scene in this trailer is awkward and filled with disappointment, that's my point, I guess.

Hi there,
this is already posted in News and Mentionings and IMHO belongs there and not in the Immortal section.

I don't know what to make of this.............

But at the end of the day, whenever a product is made from Michael's name (even if it is a documentary to find the "truth") it is usually just another attempt to get more money from us MJ fans, the best and most loyal fans in the world!!!

I guess we'll have to see how the film is when it comes out and then decide if it is any good!!!!!

Just by watching that promo there is no doubt it is about Michael. I don't know what to think. I understand India loves Michael Jackson, so I just hope they did him justice and painted him in the right light, and spoke the truth, meaning went by the autopsy evidence and the facts as we know it surrounding Murray.

I wonder also, how this movie if it has a wide release could affect the trial.

I guess if I was "Joe public" this could be a compelling even very interesting movie to watch. Considering all the sequels and rehashing of old movies and TV shows that Hollywood is churning out, this could stand out as something special, I guess.

I don't know I just hope they treat Michael fairly. :mello:

I watched the trailer and I actually facepalmed, especially at the bit where it appears to show MJ died in his Billie Jean trousers/pants.

Wont be watching this.

What kind of a title for a film is that? Only by reading that title and it screams of manifested defamation of character. Who's the a**? ..... Sorry-a** pseudo-film-makers...

This should be also posted in the Fans Take Action subforum, not on here.

Just by watching that promo there is no doubt it is about Michael. I don't know what to think. I understand India loves Michael Jackson, so I just hope they did him justice and painted him in the right light, and spoke the truth, meaning went by the autopsy evidence and the facts as we know it surrounding Murray.

I wonder also, how this movie if it has a wide release could affect the trial.

I guess if I was "Joe public" this could be a compelling even very interesting movie to watch. Considering all the sequels and rehashing of old movies and TV shows that Hollywood is churning out, this could stand out as something special, I guess.

I don't know I just hope they treat Michael fairly. :mello:

But the film has nothing to do with India, it only has one famous Indian as an actor. I haven't seen the promo, and going by the posts here I don't think I will, nor will I be watching the movie because this is making me sick already. As if our endless pain and sorrow over what has happened to us is not enough, we have to deal with all this insensitivity over and over again.
I still hope whoever is so insensitive and money-hungry to want to make such a film will be sensitive enough to show our beloved in a good light.
Oh Michael, how are we to deal with all this..miss you so every moment...:(

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0h-qxtk_N7g?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0h-qxtk_N7g?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Back