New Edition Will 'Never Forget' Meeting Michael Jackson

CherubimII

Proud Member
New Edition
Will 'Never Forget' Meeting Michael Jackson
Jul 18 2011 4:27 PM EDT

New Edition are fast approaching 30 years in the music biz, and the Boston boys have a ton of memories since dropping their debut album, Candy Girl, in 1983.

...Ricky Bell, nodded in agreement, but then recalled another special time — meeting the King of Pop.
"I guess Ralph took my number one, but number two would probably be meeting Michael Jackson, being invited to his house. Going to the mansion and seeing him skip down the stairs," Bell told MTV News before the group performed at DJ Cassidy's 30th birthday party in New York City on July 6. "Just to meet someone, that icon who inspired you, is a moment I'll never forget."
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667413/new-edition-michael-jackson-memories.jhtml

Oh I remember that group. When I heard their Candy Girl the first time, it reminded me of one of Michael's songs. I did not know that they were still singing. Oh the wonderful memories of the 80s!!!

BET Awards June 28th,2009
gal_bet-17.jpg

ss-090628-bet-01.grid-9x2.jpg

"Bell and Brown soon brought their best friend Ralph Tresvant in on the act, who quickly became their lead singer. They would soon meet a young local group manager named Travis Gresham and choreographer Brooke Payne, who would give them the name New Edition to signify they were a new edition of the Jackson 5."

New Edition were hot for a loooong time. Thirty years in the biz makes them legends in their own right. :)

Although I wasn't the biggest fan of their BET peformance, they stepped when other artisits wanted to be difficult about it because of their admiration of MJ. I have much respect to them for that.

I am so happy that they are getting back together. I look forward to hearing their new material. :yes:

Is their peformance at the bet awards on youtube b/c I can't find it. I don't think anyone who had the chance to meet Michael will ever forget it. Who was being difficult at the bet awards? I hope people were not being demanding. I never got to see the show b/c I don't have the channel that airs the awards show.

Back