New Details On Michael Jackson’s Involvement With Sonic 3

I couldn't see it right now. But funny, I've been watching Sonic (AOSTH) recently, I just can't get enough of the hilarity off it.

I love how interesting that Michael was really involved in the Sonic 3 project and to be honest I don't really buy Roger Hector's side of the story that SEGA dropped Michael's project because of the allegations, despite that I believe that SEGA was happy to have Michael to be involved in the Sonic 3 project. I can believe that Michael was uncredited, but I do love the sounds that has been on the game because I have that game as part of the Mega Collection on PS2.

They even forgot to mention that "Shamon" was sampled in the game when an enemy robot shows up.

Something I discovered today: The Sonic 3 soundtrack in all it's glory as mp3s, sourced from an original mega drive (genesis) catridge:
http://www.captainwilliams.co.uk/sonic/sonic16bit/sonic3/soundtrack.php

My favorite back in the day was icecap zone. Loved playing this game. :) As far as I know, the "Michael" parts are only present in the original catridge version and have since been replaced in the rereleases (when the game is part of a game collection or as download for example on psn)

Last edited:
I have to say, this subject's very interesting! I always thought that the Carnival Night Zone's music had a very Michael Jackson-ish vibe to it. If the Anonymous Source is to be believed, his version of the story actually does seem a bit more plausible. We know how Michael wanted to provide us with the best quality music he could come up with and with the Sega Genesis' FM chip, that wasn't really possible. Perhaps if this was developed for the Sega CD, things would have been different.

Also, did you know that an aspect of Sonic was actually developed with Michael in mind? Apparently, when they came up with Sonic's buckled shoes, they thought of Michael Jackson and the buckles on his "Bad" outfit. Interesting.

Back