New book/study: "Michael Jackson: The Seven Secrets of His Success"

morinen

Proud Member
There's been a new publication about Michael recently: Michael Jackson: The Seven Secrets of His Success

51X2okjlKeL._AA300_.jpg

Unlike most books which are either bios or attempts to psychoanalyze Michael, this one is a study of the factors of his success: what qualities allowed him to become the greatest. From the introduction, it looks like the author wrote this book after becoming frustrated with Sullivan's opus. So if there was anything good that came out of Sullivan's piece of sh*t, maybe it's this. This book does not reveal new things about Michael, but it's exactly the kind of book I would recommend to new fans, non-fans and researchers, because it draws attention to the right things about Michael. Below is a copy of my review on Amazon:

Very good work. Instead of retelling Michael Jackson's biography in the umpteenth time or speculating about his private life and eccentricities, the author poses a very timely and interesting question: what made Michael Jackson a genius? There is no quick answer to this question, of course: Jackson's persona was so large and multifaceted, his talents so diverse, psychological methods and tricks he used so original that multiple theses and books can be (and should be) written on the subject. The author of this brochure merely summarizes seven most prominent and important components that contributed to Jackson's success and made him the biggest star of the planet.

For devoted fans of Michael Jackson who know his life and personality well, this book will probably not reveal new information. But it rightly shifts the focus from the most talked about aspects of Jackson's life to the aspects that deserve to be talked about most. And it reminds us that we all have things to learn from Michael Jackson. Many important things.
Inspiring read.

The book exists only as Kindle version, but once you purchase it, you can read it (as any other Kindle book) for free in a web browser on https://read.amazon.com/

Last edited:
Thanks.

I think I will buy this book.

Has anyone else read it and if so - is it a good book?

I will buy it & thanks for alerting us Morinen. Hopefully we will see more books like this once more fans are aware of it & buy it. Sadly these types of books do not have the authors doing the tv rounds.

Sounds pretty good if they wont dig in his personal life. I found a book yesterday too at some bookshop, and while usually theyre all about his life etc, i thought Id look inside of it. Turns out to be a GREAT collection of real HQ pictures from the J5 days until the TII annoucement. Last pictures were the ones of the memorial.. I took it because I LOVED the photos, Ill try and take some pictures if you guys want to see it too:)

The chapters are

- Preface
- Introduction
- Secret One: Magic Iconic Imagery
- Secret Two: Analyze, Extract, Reinvent
- Secret Three: Goal Setting - Wishing -Believing
- Secret Four: Abandon to the Creative Powers - Discover, don't create
- Secret Five: The Work Ethic of a Perfectionist
- Secret Six: Rise above the hate
- Secret Seven: Mistique and Metamorphosis
- Final thought
- References

The e-book version is just the beta version that I have uploaded to get positive reviews/feedback so that I can find a publisher and have this book physically in the hands of people hopefully by the end of this year (positive thinking).

It would mean the world to me that those who have read it and have liked it leave a review on amazon to help with this endeavor.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Setmefree, so you are the writer? I have not read it yet, but I will leave a review when I do!

Setmefree, so you are the writer? I have not read it yet, but I will leave a review when I do!

Thank you so much. Yes, I am the writer. I found this site searching for reviews on my book. :)

I'd love any feedback anyone has as well.

The e-book version is just the beta version that I have uploaded to get positive reviews/feedback so that I can find a publisher and have this book physically in the hands of people hopefully by the end of this year (positive thinking).

It would be great if you manage to publish it and get the word out. People sure pay more attention to physical books than they do to ebooks. After this horrible exploiting trial it would be a much needed support for Michael and a step towards re-focusing people on his artistry and genius again. Best of luck to you!

It would be great if you manage to publish it and get the word out. People sure pay more attention to physical books than they do to ebooks. After this horrible exploiting trial it would be a much needed support for Michael and a step towards re-focusing people on his artistry and genius again. Best of luck to you!

Thank you. I would really love a version with lots of photos to be on the shelves. That's my dream. Maybe even flesh it out with a few more interviews from people who worked with him. I love the stories of MJ in the studio.

As for refocusing on his artistry and genius, to me its criminal that someone who dreamed big dreams and achieved beyond anyone's notion of success doesn't have 100 books trying to decode how he did it. As my book points out, it wasn't just a guy born with incredible talent, shaped by his father and Motown and emerged as a superstar, no. He suffered setback after setback and found a way to reinvent himself and redefine himself. The guy is a genius, and I wish more people would learn this about him.

One friend of mine who had only ever know the MJ that the press presented said she was blown away after reading the book and saw him as a truly unique human being. I want that reaction time a million :)

Thank you. I would really love a version with lots of photos to be on the shelves. That's my dream. Maybe even flesh it out with a few more interviews from people who worked with him. I love the stories of MJ in the studio.

As for refocusing on his artistry and genius, to me its criminal that someone who dreamed big dreams and achieved beyond anyone's notion of success doesn't have 100 books trying to decode how he did it. As my book points out, it wasn't just a guy born with incredible talent, shaped by his father and Motown and emerged as a superstar, no. He suffered setback after setback and found a way to reinvent himself and redefine himself. The guy is a genius, and I wish more people would learn this about him.

One friend of mine who had only ever know the MJ that the press presented said she was blown away after reading the book and saw him as a truly unique human being. I want that reaction time a million :)

Wow, good for you! Even getting through to just one person is an accomplishment! I'm in the middle of reading it now, and even the first sentence put a smile on my face, the first thing I thought was, 'Wow, this is definitely a true fan writing this'...I hope you achieve all you deserve with this book as it's positive and enlightening and MUCH needed in the MJ literary world. It sort of reminds me of a book I read about Walt Disney, counting down the ways to achieve his success.

I will definitely leave a review on Amazon for you when I finish reading it ;)

Last edited:
Wow, good for you! Even getting through to just one person is an accomplishment! I'm in the middle of reading it now, and even the first sentence put a smile on my face, the first thing I thought was, 'Wow, this is definitely a true fan writing this'...I hope you achieve all you deserve with this book as it's positive and enlightening and MUCH needed in the MJ literary world. It sort of reminds me of a book I read about Walt Disney, counting down the ways to achieve his success.

I will definitely leave a review on Amazon for you when I finish reading it ;)

Thanks so much. I agree that if it does change someone's life, it's totally worth it. Hopefully it will inspire a lot of people.

I know from a personal point of view, reflecting on MJ's secrets made me want to dream bigger and work harder.

Thank you so much. Yes, I am the writer. I found this site searching for reviews on my book. :)

I'd love any feedback anyone has as well.

:hiya: fellow writer

WOW, I would definitely love to read your book :clap:
It was about time that a GOOD Soul published a POSITIVE book about Michael and you beat me to it :blush:

Indeed, I would love to 'feel' the actual book though... I'm NOT so into e-books yet... I'm a 'fossil' writer and reader :smilerolleyes:

Are you going for a Publisher/ Agent?

I'm rather 'sceptical' about it cause they seem too 'commercial' and too 'controlling' about the cover and the 'contents' of your book...

There for, I'm a 'free agent' author which means I publish my books with a 'free agent' Publisher (ShopMyBook) that allows you to publish with NO huge investment, Print on demand, sell and promote your book on their website and even offers an ISBN with registery in 2 'Book distribution networks' :cheeky: Just a thought to consider, I would say...

WOW, I'm so damn PROUD you dared to write such an 'uplifting' book... Please let me know when you 'published' the BOOK...

:hiya: fellow writer

Are you going for a Publisher/ Agent?

Thanks for your kind words! Yes I would like a publisher but the gameplan (hopefully) is that they read it and come to me. It deserves to be printed! I'm going to give it a month more on amazon and then I'll start contacting publishers.

I want the published version to be full of photos, something that is very expensive to do as you have to pay all of the individual copyright holders. Maybe I could even add some new insights from people who worked with MJ should they wish to contribute :)

Thanks for your kind words! Yes I would like a publisher but the gameplan (hopefully) is that they read it and come to me. It deserves to be printed! I'm going to give it a month more on amazon and then I'll start contacting publishers.

I want the published version to be full of photos, something that is very expensive to do as you have to pay all of the individual copyright holders. Maybe I could even add some new insights from people who worked with MJ should they wish to contribute :)

You're welcome ;D

It's just I fear that if you go to a publisher with a POSITIVE book about Michael... The publisher is gonna 'force' to make it more controversial cause that sells :blink: I mean, look at Aphrodite Jones, she wrote and published "Conspirary Michael Jackson" and she had a hell of a time getting the book on the shelves simply cause its NOT a slanderous book about Michael... I don't mean to dim your light here but that's the reality of things :smilerolleyes:

Indeed, a lot of piccies is gonna cost you lot and a 'pricy' book is :doh: to sell in these times of crisis...

I don't have piccies in my books... It's a fiction novel and I'm the only one who has the 'copyright' on it... :cheeky:

"Contributions" and even a 'foreword' from someone who worked with Michael would be a real asset to get a MJ book an 'eye catching' thingy :D

Just some thoughts here...

Good luck, setmefree :clap:

I'm reading it but I haven't finished yet. When I do I'll give my review. So far I like it.

Back