New Book: Michael Jackson KING

4veryoung

Proud Member
Torils_MJ.jpeg

Illustration by Toril Bækmark

th_697344717_tumblr_ljl3w8a7ze1qcqvito1_r1_500_123_403lo.jpg

Richard Lecocq has released his newly published book, Michael Jackson KING, a detailed documentation of Michael Jackson’s historic solo career as the world’s number one entertainer from 1979 – 2009. Richard takes the reader through the exploration of how the albums, films, tours, TV appearances and collaborations with other artists were created and became a part of the legacy of this great entertainer.

Michael Jackson KING includes in-depth interviews with Steve Barron who directed the plate-shifting “Billie Jean” video; choreographer Vincent Paterson of “Beat It,” “Thriller,” “Smooth Criminal,” “Black or White,” “Jam,” “Blood on the Dance Floor” and several TV performances; “imagineer” Rick Rothschild who worked on Captain EO; Matt Forger, the sound engineer from Thriller to HIStory; Buz Kohan, writer of the TV shows Disney 25, Motown 25, Sammy Davis, Jr.’s 60th Celebration, Elizabeth Taylor’s 65th Celebration, and Tom Bahler, writer and arranger of “We Are the World” and “She’s Out Of My Life.”

In addition to those interviews Richard interviewed me regarding the creation of Michael Jackson’s image for the cover of his first hugely successful solo album, Off the Wall. The look Michael and I created together at that time was a graphic metaphor of his coming of age, of his stepping out as a man on his own. Those images, the black and white palette, the socks and glove and all the other trademark elements we came up with, were kept in some form as the symbol of Michael Jackson throughout his career. His branding.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NQhm-IgM1bA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MJ-montage-1024x366.jpg

MORE INFO HERE: PHOTOS & STORIES OF OTW COVER: http://www.onehellofaneye.com/2011/04/08/fixing-off-the-wall/

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be interesting. Thanks for posting!

I love the illustration. Thanks for the heads up on this. I will check it out!

Yes, very interesting. So is this book going to be in English? And when is it coming out? Doesn't seem to be on Amazon and the official site isn't working yet..

Just checked out the 9-page preview of the book and the contents look amazing. It literally takes album by album song by song from Off the Wall to Invincible. I really wish this book is in English as well. But I wonder how it compares to Joe Vogel's "Man in the Music"?

Does anyone have any more info on this? Regarding the language it will be released in and if it will be available on amazon?

Since he passed away, books are coming more and more, bigger and bigger. But the content are more or less the same.

Just checked out the 9-page preview of the book and the contents look amazing. It literally takes album by album song by song from Off the Wall to Invincible. I really wish this book is in English as well. But I wonder how it compares to Joe Vogel's "Man in the Music"?

Where have you seen this review?

Another book to read there are so many out there now! Its hard to know which to read first!
Jim

Looks interesting. Hoper my French is good enough to read this book:)

No prob :). I hope they release it English. Or maybe I should go learn french instead? jk :D

Damn, more good MJ books are coming out in French. Time to learn the language :/

@xuebingb: True, but on the plus side of things its becoming more and more focused on his music and artistry. There is less of a focus on all the bizarre nonsense that we've seen before.

I would love for this to be released in English, sounds cool. The cover looks awesome, I literally said "wow" when I saw it.

BTW, did you guys know that the pendants he's wearing on the yellow vest come from some lady who used to put his outfits together (I can't remember her name right now)? She was wearing it that day and he asked if he could wear them for the photoshoot. After that he had her go around finding more like them for him :)

WOW! I love the name-just so absolutely true!:)

Michael Jackson-King! :)

I love it when people write positive, truthful, respectful books about our beloved King! And the number is growing which makes me even happier! Michael Jackson's LIGHT is triumphing!!! :)

Love and god bless!

I once owned Moonwalk and Dancing The Dream but sadly i sold them years ago. I reget...

Do you have "in the studio with michael jackson" from Bruce Swedien? He also talks you through album per album. Some really cool insights and stories in that book.

Would love to read this one too.

Does anyone know if this will come out in english (or german)? - I could do in french, but it is just so much easier in english - though it would be a necessary brush up of the french :)

26th of april - I will buy this book for sure, no doubt

wow, a post death book that actually look worth buying. Minus the obvious Opus, most book releases have been, well, crap to say the least. lol. This one i may actually buy=)

Back