New Album Information

This Is It

Proud Member
This is about the album Michael recorded after the trial (he started recording in November 2006), planned for release either during the 50 London shows - or after, before taking the tour to each continent. This is for confirmed information only, using quotes from http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111&highlight=album+thread

Confirmed Songs
(Michael made his collaborators sign confidentiality agreements which is why not many titles are avaliable but will.i.am revealed a few)

Hold My Hand (feat. Akon)
A 3:38 Claude Kelly-written track, which was, according to collaborator Akon, due to be lead singles on both their albums, before being leaked in mid-2008. According to Ray Lavender, Akon worked on six or seven songs.

I'm Dreamin'
Produced and named by will.i.am in Rolling Stone (#1019 - February 8th 2007), where he added that it was one of three finished "ideas" recorded in Ireland from "eight song sketches... conjured out of phone conversations."

The Future
Produced and named by will.i.am in Rolling Stone (#1019 - February 8th 2007) and various interviews, first at a Black Eyed Peas press conference in South Korea on 13th August 2007.

Imma Miss You
A James Brown tribute produced and named by will.i.am just after Michael's death in a Norweigan interview, which they attempted to do just after Brown's passing in late 2006.

Still the King
Produced and named by will.i.am.

Style

According to will.i.am, the "really feel-good songs" were "in a hard dance style," adding, "I want it to sound like Off the Wall for today... It's not about crazy beats that are going be here today and gone tomorrow, but melodies that will stay for a lifetime." RedOne told reporters, "It's very melodic. Very pop." Ne-Yo said much of his work involved submitting songs via email, getting feedback and changing them accordingly, adding, "His music is all about the melody, and that's the only sort of real direction he gave me, make sure the song is as melodic as possible."

Release

Just after Michael's death, will.i.am said, "No, [they are not at a stage where they will or can be released] - he has all the vocals and I have all the music, and I dunno who has them now." In December 2009, This Is It tour choregrapher Travis Payne revealed that new material was rehearsed, while will.i.am said Michael would posthumously feature on the new Black Eyed Peas album in a French radio interview, called up by DJ friend and producer David Guetta. A month, later RedOne revealed he wanted to release the material they worked on for charity, adding, "Yes, I have talked to his lawyers. We have only concluded that I have the songs, and we will sit down and talk more later."

Last edited:
this is old information ? Where did u hear about an new album release ?

Ok I found this on another forum, warning however this is in no way confirmed nor do I vouch for any of this, just something that has come through the grapevine, sounds realistic however...

Posted by Nibblet on UKmix.org apparently he was / is a roadie

"Years ago,I was working in the UK music industry and still have the odd friend still in the 'biz', so to speak. Anyway, I have no info except for the below which some of you may find of interest.

A friend informed me that apparently Sony have nothing secured in relation to 'new' MJ Material and will probably mine what they have from the past in the archives and see if they can release it - apparently mutual agreement will be needed from MJs estate along with Sony for the release of 'old' but previously unreleased material. Apparently, the hope is for a cd/dvd of the UK Bad tour and the hope is too release it this summer - exactly 22 years after the Wembley Concerts.

Anyway, that's all I have but as far as I am concerned the source is sincere.

Personally, a release of the Bad tour would be something I would really look forward to".

End Quote

Anyway I'll cross my fingers and hope this is true and will see the light of day soon.

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63110&start=5450

This thread has been made up from official quotes - no rumours or anything like that.

And, yes, in reference to iamthriller82, Hold My Hand was going to be Michael's first single according to Akon ("It's actually MJ's first single, but it's going to be on both our albums").

Last edited:
i have always been studying the new album i was so waiting for it scince 2006 and i really hope we hear it one day

as far as " hold my hand goes " i belive after it leaked it was scrapped ( thats why it wasnt on the akon album ) so i doubt mj would of used it

i have always been studying the new album i was so waiting for it scince 2006 and i really hope we hear it one day

as far as " hold my hand goes " i belive after it leaked it was scrapped ( thats why it wasnt on the akon album ) so i doubt mj would of used it

I thought Hold My Hand would have only been on Akon's album as Michael only features on it, but not according to Akon.

I would love to hear that James Brown tribute... God I miss them both :cry:

I would love to hear that James Brown tribute... God I miss them both :cry:

I know - will.i.am called the song "ironic" after Michael's death, and it's just that. It's probably like Gone Too Soon for late-2000s.

Right, can anyone confirm the existence of a few supposed new songs please or are they just made up?

First there's If You Don't Love Me, written in 2007 by will.i.am and John Legend (the latter is also said to have written a song).

There's also Days of the Broken-Hearted, supposed to be from 2007 as well, written by Michael and featuring Whitney Houston. I'm a lot more dubious of this as Whitney was going through a lot of personal problems and in his recent Raffles van Exel interview, when This Is It choregrapher Travis Payne was asked who Michael wanted to collaborate with, among the likes of Lady GaGa and Usher, Whitney came up, and, as Travis brought up, Whitney's album was released around the time the O2 concerts were meant to be. Plus a collaboration has never been officially mentioned, unlike Akon, will.i.am etc.

This is about the album Michael recorded after the trial (he started recording in November 2006), planned for release either during the 50 London shows - or after, before taking the tour to each continent. This is for confirmed information only, using quotes from http://www.maximum-jackson.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111&highlight=album+thread

Confirmed Songs

Hold My Hand (feat. Akon)
A 3:38 Claude Kelly-written track, which was, according to collaborator Akon, due to be lead singles on both their albums, before being leaked in mid-2008. According to Ray Lavender, Akon worked on six or seven songs.

I'm Dreamin'
Produced and named by will.i.am in Rolling Stone (#1019 - February 8th 2007), where he added that it was one of three finished "ideas" recorded in Ireland from "eight song sketches... conjured out of phone conversations."

The Future
Produced and named by will.i.am in Rolling Stone (#1019 - February 8th 2007) and various interviews, including a Black Eyed Peas press conference in South Korea on 13th August 2007.

Imma Miss You
A James Brown tribute produced and named by will.i.am just after Michael's death in a Norweigan interview, which they attempted to do just after Brown's passing in late 2006.

Still the King
Produced and named by will.i.am.

Style

According to will.i.am, the "really feel-good songs" were "in a hard dance style," adding, "I want it to sound like Off the Wall for today... It's not about crazy beats that are going be here today and gone tomorrow, but melodies that will stay for a lifetime." Big Chuck (uncle of Neff-U) said, "[Michael is] ready to take over the world. He's got some hot records... We're giving Michael a lot of edgy street records. He's putting melodies to some hard party records." RedOne said, "It's very melodic. Very pop."

Release

Just after Michael's death, will.i.am said, "No, [they are not at a stage where they will or can be released] - he has all the vocals and I have all the music, and I dunno who has them now." In December 2009, This Is It tour choregrapher Travis Payne revealed that new material was rehearsed, while will.i.am said Michael would posthumously feature on the new Black Eyed Peas album in a French radio interview, called up by DJ friend and producer David Guetta. A month, later RedOne revealed he wanted to release the material they worked on for charity, adding, "Yes, I have talked to his lawyers. We have only concluded that I have the songs, and we will sit down and talk more later."

Who are you?
And where (besides Max Jax) does this info come from? :mello:

Who are you?
And where (besides Max Jax) does this info come from? :mello:

I'm just a fan. This thread is just made up of official quotes.

And please can you remove the large quote from your post as it is takes up a lot of room on the page and it is on the first post anyway (and is always being edited and changed). Thanks!

You're jokin' right?
Um, these were the guys who were actually in the studio with Michael making music with him. They're the closest you're ever gonna get to an official source for new/unreleased MJ music. Duh?

I know!

I'm just a fan. This thread is just made up of official quotes.

And please can you remove the large quote from your post as it is takes up a lot of room on the page and it is on the first post anyway (and is always being edited and changed). Thanks!

I know!
Excuse me? I don't think it's your place to tell me what to put, and what not to put in my posts. The quote is not that large.

Excuse me? I don't think it's your place to tell me what to put, and what not to put in my posts. The quote is not that large.

Sorry, it's just that it's being edited all the time.

Anyway, back on topic.

calm down. just because youve been here longer it doesnt make you any better than him. you came out with a rude statement to start off with "who are you".

Ok I found this on another forum, warning however this is in no way confirmed nor do I vouch for any of this, just something that has come through the grapevine, sounds realistic however...

Posted by Nibblet on UKmix.org apparently he was / is a roadie

He's not a roadie. It's just a name they give people who have made a certain amount of posts. People with hardly any posts are groupies and next up is roadie.

Reactions: Bee
calm down. just because youve been here longer it doesnt make you any better than him.
What does that have to do with anything? It says more about you than it does about me, really.

And my "Who are you" comment was because someone randomly starts posting 'new album info'....and with the lurkers, leaches and trolls here my question was a legitimate one, IMO.

You're jokin' right?
no. ppl hype things up all the time for their own gain, its hardly something shocking in the world of mj.akon may have said it was gonna be the first release.mj may have said it was never even gonna be on his album

I would like to hear some of these songs. But I'm not sure if a new album is in the works right now.

Back