Neverland Ranch Future Could Be In Your Control

MJ2U

Proud Member
This thread is new. This is a discussion on how we can influence the future of Neverland Ranch. Right now it is owned by Colony Capital and Thomas Barrack. They are currently fixing it up. There is a wreath on the outer gate filled with red roses. The gold banners on the wreath say Neverland - Once Upon A Time. There is a guard shack by the gate and always a guard on duty. People can leave flowers, signs there even still. It will be allowed as long as we are respectful.

After three months people come to the gate every single day, day and night until sunset to take a picture at the gate. I know because I go there every other day to check.

Some of the greatest music of our modern time was written there. He did the moonwalk in the dance room there for the first time. But, all the phony accusations did not happen there.

Some of the local townsfolk want Neverland to go bye bye. Mr. Barrack wanted to make a museum and other features but he was stopped. I sent him a letter and wrote in the paper about the future of the place. Make it a place for children again. That went over like a ton of bricks. Make it a performing arts school. Like George Lucas's Lucas Ranch.

If I had the money I'd buy out Barrack's interest and give the place back to the family. But who has 60 plus million laying around.

I can see the hands on the face of the Neverland clock spinning backwards. So I am asking the many thousand of fans out there to come up with a plan to bring back Neverland, bring back the good things. Let us set the record straight about our friend. You have the power. As they say in the Nike commercial, Just do it...

:agree:here here!! :cheers:

Question submitted to "The Straight Dope":

When you agree with someone, do you say "Here Here!" or "Hear Hear" ? And what does it mean? What is the origin of "Here Here" or "Hear Hear"?

— Tymoma195

The correct term is, "hear, hear!" It is an abbreviation for "hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!"

I don't agree with it since Michael never wanted to live there again after the accusations.

This thread is new. This is a discussion on how we can influence the future of Neverland Ranch. Right now it is owned by Colony Capital and Thomas Barrack. They are currently fixing it up. There is a wreath on the outer gate filled with red roses. The gold banners on the wreath say Neverland - Once Upon A Time. There is a guard shack by the gate and always a guard on duty. People can leave flowers, signs there even still. It will be allowed as long as we are respectful.

After three months people come to the gate every single day, day and night until sunset to take a picture at the gate. I know because I go there every other day to check.

Some of the greatest music of our modern time was written there. He did the moonwalk in the dance room there for the first time. But, all the phony accusations did not happen there.

Some of the local townsfolk want Neverland to go bye bye. Mr. Barrack wanted to make a museum and other features but he was stopped. I sent him a letter and wrote in the paper about the future of the place. Make it a place for children again. That went over like a ton of bricks. Make it a performing arts school. Like George Lucas's Lucas Ranch.

If I had the money I'd buy out Barrack's interest and give the place back to the family. But who has 60 plus million laying around.

I can see the hands on the face of the Neverland clock spinning backwards. So I am asking the many thousand of fans out there to come up with a plan to bring back Neverland, bring back the good things. Let us set the record straight about our friend. You have the power. As they say in the Nike commercial, Just do it...

It would be wonderful if it were turned into a place for children again. I would be willing to write a letter. What is the address to write to?

I don't agree with it since Michael never wanted to live there again after the accusations.
I have mixed feelings about it too, but it would be nice to see it be a place for children, as Michael had made it and what he originally intended. At least this time it couldn't be ruined by anyone. :sad:

He may have not wanted to live there anymore, but I believe he tried like hell to hold onto it for a reason. I am certain he wanted Neverland to live on the way he dreamed. He might had only been sad that so many bad memories tainted his personal comfort to feel at home there. I believe MJ waas broken by this bc til the day he died, he believed in Neverland.

He may have not wanted to live there anymore, but I believe he tried like hell to hold onto it for a reason. I am certain he wanted Neverland to live on the way he dreamed. He might had only been sad that so many bad memories tainted his personal comfort to feel at home there. I believe MJ waas broken by this bc til the day he died, he believed in Neverland.

You´re 100% right!!!!

Sorry I am against it. Michael was traumatized after the raid, he didn't want to go back there.

Sad, really sad.

I'll say it til I am blue in the face. He may have never wanted to live there again, but I hardly believe at all that he wanted Neverland to die. He wouldn't had tried like hell to hold onto it the way he did. There's no way I can believe that MJ would be unhappy with a Neverland resurrection for the children in his honor.

Michael already had contractual deal(s) with the real estate investors that he shared ownership with.

A lot of us would buy the place and restore it back to the way it was for children and their families to visit, if we could...in spite of the fact that Michael didn't want to live there anymore.

I'm sure the investors are aware of the potential in regards to fans...

But the bottom line is, it's even beyond the control of the estate, so what can we really do?

You´re 100% right!!!!

Thank you. So now I say, and I hope I don't get in trouble for this, but to all you fans giving up on Neverland, I say get your heads out your asses. Neverland was a beautiful concept that should be a reputable monument for children in Michael's original dream's honor. I was against him being laid to rest there due to the fact that he felt he could never be allowed to be at home there due to the allegations and charges. However, he fought to preserve his interest in Neverland for a reason and that reason was a true belief in it's concept until the day he died. Neverland can't be "never again"!

I'd like to see the greatness of Neverland restored in a physical and emotional way. I,d like it to be a great place that we can visit, and a pace for children to go there and have fun. I know Michael said he never wanted to live there, but he was in shock. He kept part in Neverland so it still means something important to him, that's what I believe.

Nothing bad happenned there (except police raid) so I think we should give Neverland it's nobless back and see it as a wonderful place, that would include forgiving policemen who had to do their job back then and prooving the world that Neverland is a beautiful and pure place made to dream and smile.

he didn't want Neverland for himself but that doesn't mean he didn't want others to enjoy it, and he did held onto it desperately
but the fact that Barrack wanted to make it a museum worries me is that what he always intended to do with the place? you know he would've made a fortune out of that
I don't think it should be a tourist attraction like Graceland, but a place for sick children the way MJ wanted it to be...but who's going to do something like that? that place costs millions, Michael was the only one willing to sacrifice so much for others...I'm afraid we're just dreaming. it was a beautiful dream but the dream died when Michael died, it's so sad but it's true

Hi all

Yes you are all probably right. But it would help to make Mr. Barrack aware that people are still thinking about this as being important. Otherwise it will be turned into another nondescript winery because we are wine country.

Thomas Barrack
Colony Capital, LLC
1999 Avenue Of The Stars, Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Write him a letter. It wouldn't hurt. thanks...

Hummm...see, this is such a touchy topic.

I mean, if it were to be turned into anything to honor Michael, I'd want to ensure that the majority of the proceeds do go to the family. As far as it being a performing arts camp, it would take a lot of careful planning by both the estate and community.

I'd want to make sure that Mike's home was well taken care of, that the main residence had some kind of staff and the family again had the majority of control...at least in reference to Katherine and the childern.

My only main concern here is, that Jermaine may want to once again persue the idea of burying Michael there.

I agree with your views Seany and others. My heart breaks b/c I also know that deep down inside Mike never wanted to totally give it up. I wish we could ask him what his plans may have entailed...what would HE suggest we/them do.

In the end, it all boils down to one thing, making sure that it's respected and represents Michael's dreams and goals in a postive light.

I don't think Jermaine will try to rebury his brother.

Neverland may have been Michael's home for a long time but after the accusations he never wanted to go back or see it again.

He didn't want family or friends to have it or be in control of it cause they would only turn it back to what it was.

Turn Neverland into a place for children & continue Michaels dream of healing.The peace,innocence & magic behind those gates are enough to heal a sick child....Michael believed that....& that is the reason he held onto Neverland.

He didn't hold on to Neverland.

He doesn't want it to turn back into what it was.

Turn it into a hospital or something & change the name.
Which may hurt a lot of you but he wanted nothing to do with that place & didn't want Neverland to continue.

He didn't hold on to Neverland.

He doesn't want it to turn back into what it was.

Turn it into a hospital or something & change the name.
Which may hurt a lot of you but he wanted nothing to do with that place & didn't want Neverland to continue.

i think every fan around the world should put £10 into a pot and buy n everland that way we all have a peice of it

If I am honest I don't really care what happens to Neverland so long as the family is happy about it. I would love to see maybe cuttings taken from his 'Giving Tree' that would be planted somewhere else, more public, that people could go and visit, as OP says so many of Michaels beautiful songs were created while he sat in it, it was a source of inspiration to him, but he proved that he could be inspired without being at Neverland.

That tree had some special meaning for him, so to let it reproduce itself elsewhere would be nice.

I have mixed feelings bout this too. I know how hurt mike was after the raid......i just dont think neverland will be the same place it was b4.

Back