Neverland CANNOT become a museum

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
*This thread may seem out of place,but an email came up about a petition to turn Neverland into a museum.*
So I took a Michael trip between June 24th-30th this year,and after driving up to Neverland for the first time ever,it made me not want to go back.Granted,I was not the one driving,but it was a pain in the butt trying to get up the road. Now I know there's fans who've made the trip thousands of times,both when Michael was alive and living in Neverland and since Michael's untimely passing. My mom and I left my house at 7am for Neverland,and we didn't get there until 2pm. We did get lost once,but we did find our way back to the road. For a first-timer,especially if Neverland were to actually turn into a museum,that would be an absolute nightmare!
Not only that,but there are residents around there who don't want it period. Not because of Michael and who he was,but the fact that it's a two lane road up there. Also,Los Olivos would suffer an extreme clogging of traffic from every which way 24/7 365 days a year.

Just my two cents,but I don't think it's very realistic to want to turn Neverland into a museum.

*This thread may seem out of place,but an email came up about a petition to turn Neverland into a museum.*
So I took a Michael trip between June 24th-30th this year,and after driving up to Neverland for the first time ever,it made me not want to go back.Granted,I was not the one driving,but it was a pain in the butt trying to get up the road. Now I know there's fans who've made the trip thousands of times,both when Michael was alive and living in Neverland and since Michael's untimely passing. My mom and I left my house at 7am for Neverland,and we didn't get there until 2pm. We did get lost once,but we did find our way back to the road. For a first-timer,especially if Neverland were to actually turn into a museum,that would be an absolute nightmare!
Not only that,but there are residents around there who don't want it period. Not because of Michael and who he was,but the fact that it's a two lane road up there. Also,Los Olivos would suffer an extreme clogging of traffic from every which way 24/7 365 days a year.

Just my two cents,but I don't think it's very realistic to want to turn Neverland into a museum.

Well, I imagine if it were to become a public attraction, there would be more signs to direct visitors. To help with traffic congestion, perhaps limit the amount of visits per day or something? I don't know the landscape or the 'rules', but they could allow discuss with the council of doubling the road's lanes or something. I mean, that's a pretty 'far off' option but if it turns out to be very popular with visitors/tourists, they might work something out?

Who knows.

Well, I imagine if it were to become a public attraction, there would be more signs to direct visitors. To help with traffic congestion, perhaps limit the amount of visits per day or something? I don't know the landscape or the 'rules', but they could allow discuss with the council of doubling the road's lanes or something. I mean, that's a pretty 'far off' option but if it turns out to be very popular with visitors/tourists, they might work something out?

Who knows.
See that's the thing,A LOT of Michael fans want this museum to happen. I would like to see a museum happen as well,but Neverland is not the ideal place for such museum and the traffic because believe me,EVERYONE will want to go and see it. It'll be a very popular attraction. I feel personally they should do two: one in Vegas and one in California. I doubt Vegas,though,but who knows? Michael called it home for two years.

See that's the thing,A LOT of Michael fans want this museum to happen. I would like to see a museum happen as well,but Neverland is not the ideal place for such museum and the traffic because believe me,EVERYONE will want to go and see it. It'll be a very popular attraction. I feel personally they should do two: one in Vegas and one in California. I doubt Vegas,though,but who knows? Michael called it home for two years.

I'd love to see a museum of some sorts, even if it's not Neverland, but probably not the house that Michael called home for two years. Part of the attraction of Neverland and Graceland is how famous they were. The Las Vegas house wouldn't be as special in all honesty, it's barely known outside of the fan community and I can't even remember what it looks like. If they were going to do the LV house, I'd rather them just build a small purpose-built museum or something :)

Some fans need to realize it's not about what they want. To ignore and disregard what the RESIDENTS of that area feel and have expressed about any kind of tourist attraction at (what was) Neverland is selfish. As property and home owners they have a right to want to maintain the seclusion and peace of the area that attracted them to it in the first place.

Some fans need to realize it's not about what they want. To ignore and disregard what the RESIDENTS of that area feel and have expressed about any kind of tourist attraction at (what was) Neverland is selfish. As property and home owners they have a right to want to maintain the seclusion and peace of the area that attracted them to it in the first place.
That's exactly my point. I think it's very selfish of some fans to not realize that the world doesn't revolve around what they want and Michael.

Agreed. Michael picked the right place to live, to keep the people he didn't want, out. As a side note, I think his Ireland home could have been like another Neverland for him and his children, if only he could have stayed there. I also agree that there should be a MJ museum or museums somewhere. I would love to visit.

They could easily do it like Hearst Castle: make a parking lot a few miles away and just run busses from there.

Would love to one day be able to see Neverland :)

Back