Need Your Help! Please! :)

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
So before I get in to what I need help with, let me give you some background information.

I am, and always have been, a lover of headbands. But I hate paying the high prices for the unique and adorable headbands that I want! I love the headbands with the feathers, or the bows...the glitter and the rhinestones. Anything that would make me stand out!

Anyway, so recently I began making my own headbands. I have pictures from creating my very first headband which I will include in the bottom of this post :)

Anyways, I am thinking about selling them. Custom order, for fairly cheap! They cost $1.99 for the headband, and then depending on the ribbon it's another $2-4. I would charge another $2 for 'labor' because they take about an hour and a half to create...and then depending on the shipping it would be about $1-$2 for that. So I would be creating these by hand, custom to request, and then shipping them from my home for about $6-$8. Depending on where you live that is a steal for something custom made to order, with a decent amount of detailing as well!

Anyways...What I need to know from you guys is would you buy a product like this if you stumbled upon a website for it? And what would be a cute name for a website that sold these? I have been thinking and I am coming up with total blanks!

Your feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

The headbands are soft satin covered bridal headbands (meaning they are meant to attatch a veil to), that are then covered in ribbon that is spiraled around the headband and hot glue gunned to it on all sides. Everything is done with hot glue so it is ensured to stay in place! The headband itself is very flexible and not that painful plastic that puts a lot of pressure behind your ears. I wore this comfortably in my hair for hours to test that out, and I forgot I had it in my hair at all. And even though I wear headbands regularly, I am often popping out the plastic ones after an hour or two because they are so painful!

The ribbon I used on this particular headband was JoAnn fabrics ribbon. It was meant for 'paper projects' (scrapbooking) but is thick enough to be used for other crafting projects. It says 'Ho Ho Ho' on it, but after wrapping it around the headband you can't really tell. The white ribbon is also JoAnn fabrics ribon as well. The feathers are crafting feathers and the buttons are just some I had from scrapbooking.

Anyways...here are some pictures of the creation process of my very first one. It is a Christmas headband :)

2qxb1v4.jpg

Just starting. Used a quilting needle to keep the ribbon in place at the end of the headband. The ribbon is wrapped around several times so it covers up the little pin hole left by the quilting needle.

10iglds.jpg

Half way done gluing the ribbon around the headband diagonally.

20qjk12.jpg

The headband totally covered in ribbon, now getting ready to be decorated.

289uu1.jpg

All finished. There is white ribbon wrapped around the other ribbon so it appears to be seamless. The feathers are hot glued gunned on, and in the middle of them to cover up the 'bristles' are 2 buttons layered together, with a gem stone glued in the center to cover up the button holes.

m8o08y.jpg

A close up of the details.

2872phg.jpg

Please ignore my ickyness here. I am just trying to 'model' the headband so you can see what it looks like on! :D

So basically what I need to know from you guys is what you think. Would you purchase one of these if given the opportunity? What would you 'name' these or a website that sold them? And keep in mind that I have headbands that range from Sports to Pets to Holidays to Birthdays to Floral to whatever you could imagine :)

THANK YOU!!:D

Back