ne yo 'part of the list'.... romantic

Proud Member
he seems to be stronger at self styling his writing. he seemed to write his strongest songs for others, but this sounds so different and the music seems to fit the lyrics..now his strongest songs seem to be for himself..IMO. this sure sounds like an example. what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2OV7zzbjQ

I think Ne-Yo is one of the better songwriters out there today and I really like the song Spotlight that he wrote for Jennifer Hudson. At least his songs have some kind of melody to them and aren't just about 'gettin down in the club' like so much stuff is these days.

It's crazy, at least 1 new Ne-yo song leaks every week... however some of those are reference tracks for other artists.

This one called "I don't really care" leaked today (I'm not feeling it though):
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5931337449c707b0/

He's done some amazing work collaborating with the Norwegian producers called "Stargate" on songs like "Mary J Blige - Fade Away/What Love Is" and "Usher - His Mistakes" and everybody must know about "Beyonce - Irreplaceable" by now :D
Oh lord, I wonder how much money he's this far made out of "Irreplacable" lol.

It's crazy, at least 1 new Ne-yo song leaks every week... however some of those are reference tracks for other artists.

This one called "I don't really care" leaked today (I'm not feeling it though):
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5931337449c707b0/

He's done some amazing work collaborating with the Norwegian producers called "Stargate" on songs like "Mary J Blige - Fade Away/What Love Is" and "Usher - His Mistakes" and everybody must know about "Beyonce - Irreplaceable" by now :D
Oh lord, I wonder how much money he's this far made out of "Irreplacable" lol.

Yeah Irreplaceable was a really good song that he wrote for Beyonce. I sometimes think though that he recycles the same beat and melody from So Sick and Sexy Love though because that song he did with Rhianna that he wrote called I Hate That I Love You So sounds so similar to me.

Yeah Irreplaceable was a really good song that he wrote for Beyonce. I sometimes think though that he recycles the same beat and melody from So Sick though because that song he did with Rhianna that he wrote called I Hate That I Love You So sounds so similar to me.

Hehe it isn't his fault they sound the same, it's the music producers "Stargate's" fault... They have 3 different beat patterns they use to all their songs, lol.
Haha ne-yo was so pissed of at the producers because he thought Chris Brown's "With You" sounded so similar to his own "Go On Girl".

Just check out this new joint Stargate produced (and ne-yo wrote) to Lionel Richie, it's that typical Stargate beat pattern, drums, instruments... just different melodies :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOxTh2Ho0g

BTW, listen to the background vocals @ 1:15 into the song, you can clearly hear Ne-yo :)

Hehe it isn't his fault they sound the same, it's the music producers "Stargate's" fault... They have 3 different beat patterns they use to all their songs, lol.
Haha ne-yo was so pissed of at the producers because he thought Chris Brown's "With You" sounded so similar to his own "Go On Girl".

Just check out this new joint Stargate produced (and ne-yo wrote) to Lionel Richie, it's that typical Stargate beat pattern, drums, instruments... just different melodies :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcOxTh2Ho0g

BTW, listen to the background vocals @ 1:15 into the song, you can clearly hear Ne-yo :)

That explains things then, thanks for clearing it up. Stargate need to try using some different beats and broadening their horizons so their songs sounds different instead of pressing recycle button over and over again but I guess they aren't the only ones, thinks of someone else beginning with the letter 'T', hahahaha.

That explains things then, thanks for clearing it up. Stargate need to try using some different beats and broadening their horizons so their songs sounds different instead of pressing recycle button over and over again but I guess they aren't the only ones, thinks of someone else beginning with the letter 'T', hahahaha.

Haha true!
Man I used to love Timbaland, like old Timbaland when he still was fat, lol.
Now days he has some many in door producers that you don't even get a Timbaland beat, it's just his name on the credits.

But about Stargate, I'm so twisted about this man... because I feel you that they sound the same, but a part of me kind of like that... I kind of love the simplicity in their music and they just take you on a smooth roller coaster. I feel that their music is like a really gorgeous girlfriend. It's like, you know what you get everytime, everyday, but every once in a while she changes her hair a little bit and do small things to still get you "excited" ;)

Haha true!
Man I used to love Timbaland, like old Timbaland when he still was fat, lol.
Now days he has some many in door producers that you don't even get a Timbaland beat, it's just his name on the credits.

But about Stargate, I'm so twisted about this man... because I feel you that they sound the same, but a part of me kind of like that... I kind of love the simplicity in their music and they just take you on a smooth roller coaster. I feel that their music is like a really gorgeous girlfriend. It's like, you know what you get everytime, everyday, but every once in a while she changes her hair a little bit and do small things to still get you "excited" ;)

Yeah I like the stuff Timbaland did with Missy at the beginning of her career and on her So Addictive album. Plus I like the work that he did on Nelly Furtado's Loose album and Aaliyah's last album but then after that its just been copy and paste stockpile beat all the time lol.

I feel the same as you about Stargate, I like the fact that they write songs with melody because a lot of music lacks that these days and they obviously have that down to a tea but it wouldn't hurt to kind of switch it up a little with the instruments and beats once in a while.

Wow, I have never heard this song before yet. I still have to buy that album, lol! I knew I liked Ne-Yo for a reason, and that is his songwriting. He's not the greatest vocalist, or much of a producer, but his songwriting skills are what I love most.

If there was any new person I wanted Michael to collaborate with on his new album, it would have been Ne-Yo for his words.

I'm really digging the words and the music for this song. Thanks vncwilliam!

Wow, I have never heard this song before yet. I still have to buy that album, lol! I knew I liked Ne-Yo for a reason, and that is his songwriting. He's not the greatest vocalist, or much of a producer, but his songwriting skills are what I love most.

If there was any new person I wanted Michael to collaborate with on his new album, it would have been Ne-Yo for his words.

Well Ne-Yo said himself that he was submitting songs to MJ to be considered for the new album so Michael must like his songwriting skills too. Whether any of those songs end up on the new album or not is a different matter.

Well Ne-Yo said himself that he was submitting songs to MJ to be considered for the new album so Michael must like his songwriting skills too. Whether any of those songs end up on the new album or not is a different matter.

Yep, I remember him saying that. I can't imagine what the songs he would have given to Michael!

no prob. lol..it was like i was listening to all these 'beats' on the radio, then this song came up..and i was like wtf?? is this the same radio station?? :lol:

Lol, sometimes i'm behind when it comes to what's new and the top 40 and such. I hardly listen to it these days.

But I just watched the video and I think it's really great. Good dialogue in the beginning, and the video tells a good story. And again, this is a really strong song. I'm really digging it a lot right now. Which is odd, since I mostly can't stand what's normally on the radio. Ne-yo's on to something with this song...so I hope to see him do more stuff that sounds like this.

"Year of the Gentleman" is a great cd, and actually most of the time on cd's there are songs I skip over but not on this one. I think I have the whole thing memorized. :lol: "Fade Into The Background" and "Go Back To What You Know" are 2 of my favorites. :)

Lol, sometimes i'm behind when it comes to what's new and the top 40 and such. I hardly listen to it these days.

But I just watched the video and I think it's really great. Good dialogue in the beginning, and the video tells a good story. And again, this is a really strong song. I'm really digging it a lot right now. Which is odd, since I mostly can't stand what's normally on the radio. Ne-yo's on to something with this song...so I hope to see him do more stuff that sounds like this.

Yeah both this video and the previous video to "Mad" was really great! :)

Hehe I feel you on the Top40, I'm always late to what's "hot right now" - But check out Lionel Richie's latest album "Just Go", I absolutely love it.

"Year of the Gentleman" is a great cd, and actually most of the time on cd's there are songs I skip over but not on this one. I think I have the whole thing memorized. :lol: "Fade Into The Background" and "Go Back To What You Know" are 2 of my favorites. :)

I love that song also, it's my favourite from his latest album, it hits me right in the heart.
That's what I love with most of Ne-yo's songs, he talks about stuff people can relate to - it ain't about popping bottles, throwing around money in the clubs and fornicating with as many women as possible.

^ I agree, and I'm going to have to check out Lionel Richie's new album, I :heart: him. One of the best live vocalists I've seen. :wub:

Back