wHO DO YOU FAVOR MORE?

• Ne-Yo

Votes: 15 88.2%
  • The-Dream

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

PopPrince89

Proud Member
Both hit songwriter-turned-artists Ne-Yon and the The-Dream are probably the hottest, and most wanted songwriters in pop music today and they both have a lot in common. Ne-Yo's first big hit as a songwriter R&B crooner Marios "Let Me Love You". Likewise, The-Dream's first hit was R&B crooner J. Holidays "Bed"...(and both J. Holiday and Mario sound alike to me..what a coincidence). Then they both release succesful debut albums. Ne-Yo wrote Beyonce's biggest hit to date "Irreplaceable" while The-Dream wrote Rihanna's biggest hit to date "Umbrella" and it such a coincidence that Bey and RiRi have beened labeled as rivals , being the biggest female artists today and likewise Ne-Yo has written songs for RiRi and The-Dream is writing songs Bey's new album...OOOHHH THE PARALLELS!! LOL...SO who do you guys like more..Ne-Yo or The-Dream????? I typically want to know who you like more, not really interested in the usual haters/bitchers that dislike both of them and bash them just because they feel its their opinion...im more interested to see who is favored more, not whetehr theyre favored at all or not...(so non fans dont necessarily need to respond lol)

The dream hands down, his skills are amazing. i mean umbrella is just ahhhhhhhh, the metaphor n the lyrics mean so much. "BED" is my shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh*t like the dream is a true writer. neyo is good too lol, but "falsetto" wins overall n ri ris "sell me candy" whoooooooa boy!! dream is in his own words "radio killer"

Last edited:
One more thing to add to the list of similarities is that both have said they're heavily influenced by Michael's song writing. The Dream spoke in greater detail saying most people don't realize what an amazing song writer Michael is, and I agree with him.

I can't really say whose better. They're probably about equal, though I've heard more of Ne-Yo's stuff.

generic orgy

by elimination, it'd be Ne-Yo.

the only tune i dig by The-Dream is his own I Luv Your Girl, but only because of his composition and the production (which he wasn't on). other than this, he's fastly becoming the most annoying cat in the industry. lyrics border on socially retarded. and he needs to get that pen stutter sorted out.

as for Ne-Yo, some of his production i actually enjoy more than the writing. he's a couple of steps ahead.

but a note to all budding writers: no more Princes and Michael Jacksons.. get your own shit together.

Ne-Yo I think the way he wirtes some of the songs to sum artist, I thnk he counld do more better than Rihnanna's "Take A Bow" & ehier The Dream worte Rihanna's "Umbrealla" ?... if thats in cause?....

"She had so many moves I cudv sworn shawty waz a wrestler" Thats a peice taken from a track by Dream. That must be the cheesest line I've ever heard.. I mean realy now people.. Lol! I go with Neyo simply because of the aforementioned lyrics.

Wet Dream

"She had so many moves I cudv sworn shawty waz a wrestler" Thats a peice taken from a track by Dream. That must be the cheesest line I've ever heard.. I mean realy now people.. Lol! I go with Neyo simply because of the aforementioned lyrics.
haha, that's nothing compared to Shawty Is Da Shit. i could live such a peaceful life if i stop checkin on half the crap i put my ears to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5p46Ox4wBc

2dl535j.jpg

erasing decades of black progress. o-tay!

Ne-Yo's lyrics ain't all that either, lol. In fact, they're pretty average. But from what I've heard, Ne-Yo has better melody and arrangements. Ne=Yo has potential. He's one of the only acts out there right now whose song writing is legit.

Another thing, if you notice, Ne-Yo is highly influeneced by Michael Jackson in his songs like on his album "Because of You...likewise...The-Dream's album "Love/Hate" is so reminicient of Prince its crazy...and we all know the riff between MJ and Prince...but lets stay on topic lol cuz i might have accidentally opened up a can of worms

like i said...not really interested in the nay-sayers...this thread is kinda for fans opinions no offense

I've never heard of The Dream, but I love Ne-Yo's music. I think he's extremely talented.

Back