Metro( Nashville) Students Keep Fit Dancing To 'Thriller'

Students Dance For 45 Minutes A Day, Twice A Week

Reported by Jennifer Johnson

POSTED: 5:59 pm CDT October 14, 2010
UPDATED: 9:43 pm CDT October 14, 2010
http://www.wsmv.com/health/25395729/detail.html
(To see Video click on link above.)
NASHVILLE, Tenn. --

Metro schools are tackling a hefty issue -- overweight kids.

Tennessee has the fourth-highest children's obesity rate in the country. Thirty-six percent of Tennessee's children are obese.

Now, one school is helping children take off the pounds by dancing to the Michael Jackson hit "Thriller."

Forty-five minutes a day, twice a week, students at West End Middle School have been dancing to the song.

After one last rehearsal earlier this week, students spent Thursday afternoon competing head-to-head. Afterward, the competition moved outside and gave the entire school a chance to dance together and promote physical activity.

The group is also hoping to set a Guinness World Record for the most people to do dance to the song at one time.

Teachers said they'll be thrilled if the lesson pays off and students peel off the pounds.

Students have also been practicing at home with "Learn Thriller" DVDs. One of the teachers came up with this idea after she lost about 50 pounds dancing to the DVD.
:clapping:

Re: Nasville Students Keep Fit Dancing to "Thirller"

Nasville Students Keep Fit Dancing to "Thirller"
You made two spelling mistakes in the title of your thread: "Nashville" and "Thriller." The second one is absolutely unforgivable for any self-proclaimed Michael Jackson fan!:D

When I return to this thread, I expect to see both mistakes corrected!:D You, and everyone else for that matter, should also rep. me for taking the time to point out your errors!:D

As to the subject of the article, we should all hope that the kids' experiences are more thrilling and less filling!:D

Thanks for the article
I am always elated when I see kids michaeling.

You made two spelling mistakes in the title of your thread: "Nashville" and "Thriller." The second one is absolutely unforgivable for any self-proclaimed Michael Jackson fan!:D

When I return to this thread, I expect to see both mistakes corrected!:D You, and everyone else for that matter, should also rep. me for taking the time to point out your errors!:D

As to the subject of the article, we should all hope that the kids' experiences are more thrilling and less filling!:D

I'm sorry, about the spelling mistakes, but only the moderator
can correct the "Title" section.
I so hope the moderator will do so. :cheeky:

tell your kids to turn of the tv, computer, etc and do something like this or they'll become fat asses.

If they had something like that back in High School, maybe I wouldn't have skipped GYM so often! =P

I always found it to be the most difficult class, even worse than math, probably because I suck at sports. Give me math over GYM any day, I say. At least that has a point.

In any case, I agree, Michaeling makes GYM tolerable. :yes:
I hope those kids shed the pounds, etc. It's always fun to hear good stories about people and Michael.

Back