Nancy O’Dell Leaves Access Hollywood (Her final show is tonight!)

Victory2004

Proud Member
Nancy O’Dell Leaves Access Hollywood

By Ulrica Wihlborg
Thursday December 17, 2009 04:40 PM EST
nancy-odell-240.jpg
Nancy O'Dell
Tony Duran

tiiQuigoWriteAd(757767, 1348106, 180, 240, -1);*Access Hollywood's Nancy O'Dell is leaving her job two years before her contract expires. Her last show will be this week.

"The original member of the Access Hollywood family, co-anchor and respected broadcast journalist Nancy O'Dell, has chosen to leave the show after 13 years," says a statement from her rep. "O’Dell appreciates NBC’s cooperation as she begins this next chapter in her career. Even though she will be leaving for a new opportunity, this decision is based totally on Nancy’s desire to take her career to the next level and is completely amicable. She will continue on with projects as a broadcast entertainment journalist."

A source tells PEOPLE O’Dell has been uncomfortable for the past several months with what she sees as the show's more sensational direction. "She has spent a lot of years building respect in the entertainment community and celebrities trust her," says the source. "She's known as the nice and classy girl. She values that."

Prior to the show, O’Dell spent seven years as a news anchor and investigate reporter. As for what she’s doing next, O’Dell has yet to make an announcement. Her next scheduled broadcast appearance will be as the host of the Tournament of Roses Parade live on NBC on New Year’s day.

O’Dell is married to business executive Keith Zubchevich. They are parents to daughter Ashby, 2. She’s also the step-mom to sons Tyler, 14, and Carson, 10. http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20331597,00.html

Last edited:
Re: Nancy O’Dell Leaves Access Hollywood

Best of luck to her, but I was afraid to open this post because I thought it might have Diane Dimond replacing her or something!! And I wouldn't be able to take it if that ***** got a permanent anchor job somewhere again.

I wish her well. I am glad that she has some integrity and wants to leave the sensationalism behind. It's out of control.

ODell is right about her reasons for leaving. i bet MJ's death has a lot to do with her decision, as she wanted to interview him, and didn't get the chance. i might be reaching, but i don't think that it's coincidence that this, and Diane Sawyer's retirement and Winfrey's retirement all seem to coincide with MJ's death. perhaps, at least two of these people are feeling guilty. and the other is just tired, as the sensationalism surrounding reporting of MJ, really came to a sobering head in the minds of a lot of people, after his death. although i wondered about ODell, at first, because she had called him w. j. in the beginning. but i guess she's changed, now.

Last edited:

Best of luck to her, but I was afraid to open this post because I thought it might have Diane Dimond replacing her or something!! And I wouldn't be able to take it if that ***** got a permanent anchor job somewhere again.

I hope that demon never leaves "Exaggeration Tonight". I hate the fact that Michael's death gave her a job agian. While many people were crying when Michael passed way, she was probably happy that her job of slandering Mike was back.

The tabloid sensationalism that was done during Michael Jackson's death and then even with tiger woods recently must of pushed her over the edge.

The tabloid sensationalism that was done during Michael Jackson's death and then even with tiger woods recently must of pushed her over the edge.

I have a feeling that those reasons might have been the case and she wanted to retain what journalistic dignity she has left, so she may have left. And to tell you the truth, I would do the same.:yes: I mean she has probably worked her bum off to earn the trust of some celebs.

Back