My Thesis

TheManinTheMirror

Proud Member
I am working on a thesis about MJ and I want to know what to do with it, because I'm dead shot right now.

Michael Jackson Thesis

On November 30th 1982, Michael Jackson’s second album Thriller was released, not a lot of people knew it yet, but that album alone would change the entire world, forever. Before he had released an album called Off The Wall, he was not happy with the outcome of the album because it was not nominated for Album Of The Year. He then promised that his next album would be the best record ever, would outsell Off The Wall and more. Well it happened, he then went on a tour with his brothers after Off The Wall, called Triumph Tour in support of the album Triumph, which was also supporting Off The Wall which was also supported on The Jackson’s tour for their album titled Destiny, the tour was of course called the Destiny Tour.
When the album released there was already one single called The Girl Is Mine which was already out two months before the release of the album. He then made music videos for almost every single, one of the biggest being of course, Thriller. He then later in March of 1983 he did the moonwalk for the first time, that changed the nation, and the world forever. His world alone would never be the same after the performance, and the airing of it in May later that year. He made a music video for the song that was very true and stuck to the plotline of the song itself. Michael then recorded the album Victory with all his brothers, including Jermaine who had not been with the group in years. They then went on a tour, it was not so successful as thought. Michael had dolls made in his likeness for the support of Thriller the two dolls were the “Billie Jean” and “Beat It” dolls.
They were popular, there were Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller halloween costumes. He would later win eight awards at the American Music Awards, and also at the Grammys both of which was unheard of at the time. He had so many unfinished songs for Thriller, one of them being Carousel. He had written a quarter of the songs on the album, most coming from personal experiences, the others just from ideas and the need of a song being in a certain context and subject. This is one of those few albums that does amazingly well. Well this album has sold over 50 million copies, 50 MILLION!!! The thing is he had a goal set in mind and he surpassed it! The album began recording on December 29th 1981, with the second recording of Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’. But the true recordings began in April 14th 1982 at 12:00 pm to record The Girl Is Mine with Paul McCartney. Song after song were hits, songs that didn’t make it include: Nite Line, Slapstick, Hot Street, Carousel, and the original PYT which was re-written by Quincy Jones and James Ingram because Quincy believed that that version did not have potential.This whole album changed the view on Pop music and culture in general, like Elvis. Michael did the same but twice that with Thriller. Thriller was originally written as Midnight Man then became Starlight with the melody of Thriller then became Thriller. The album itself is a hoot, the cool thing is that it is so different but has an influence on everyone and every MJ album after it. The one song that does not honestly belong in my opinion is “Beat It” the song though was used in the National Highway Safety Commission's anti-drunk driving campaign.
Beat It was a very popular song and still is to this day. The song was inspired by West Side Story, and the music video for it is an influence for Pop Culture today. The album was made out of anger, sadness and depression. But for some reason it doesn't seem like it, but if you listen to how Michael sings you can kinda understand where the anger was from. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ was the closest to the sound of “Off The Wall” but “The Lady In My Life” is closer but still not because that song is similar to “She’s Out of My Life”. The whole album is based on true stories and just fictional tales told through the songs. “Billie Jean” is based on a woman that claimed that Michael was the father of one of her twins, and is also based on the groupies he and his brothers dealt with while on tour. “Beat It” is in a way a letter to his Father.

Help me? :smilerolleyes:

Well for starters,you're posting in the wrong section.Post in Michael Mania or something of that nature.
And Thriller has surpassed 100 Million copies and was just celebrated as having done so a month or two ago.

Yes this doesn't belong in 2000 Watts, have moved it to the correct section, you may get more help here.

Back