my sister she found all this news about MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockstar

Proud Member
my sister she found all this news about MJ ;) i hope it's o.k :D

KING OF POP TRIBUTE BOOK

A new project in underway in the USA called the Book of Tributes to Michael, in which fans around the world are posting messages. The book will then be given as a gift to The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. A collection will also be taken to contribute funds to the Starlight Children’s Foundation, one of Michael’s favourite charities.

The presentation is set to take place on or about June 25 2011, the second anniversary of Michael’s passing.

Click on the link below for more information about the project:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8475arMStS2UCO082GTC5mwaTgQ;www.kingofpoptributebook.com/

Source: kingofpoptributebook

MAXSO HONOURS MICHAEL

Maxso is thirteen years old and can sing and dance. He is paying tribute to Michael with a new song and video ‘We Miss You’ which has already been viewed 100,000 times.

He can also relate to Michael’s younger life, as he too has not had much of a childhood. Rose’e, Maxso’s manager said; “He is inspired by Michael’s moves as a performer, yet sensitive to the idea of being a prodigy. He also understands the pain and doubt that surrounded Michael’s life.”

Maxso met and performed for Michael at Neverland a few years ago. Additionally, he has been named a spokesman for the Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait, which honors Michael by creating a portrait made up of individual dots.

He will embark on his ‘Unity Tour’ in 2011. The tour will promote non-violence and unity in the schools and communities.

Click on the link below to watch Maxso’s tribute video:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8475a2DiSGqbJzChHiXr7GAJ-aQ;www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9DtXXDdNuo

Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/8475aTGQKM7qIXCXSfnEMgEC38g;artistdirect.com/ YouTube

NEW BOOK: ‘IN SEARCH OF NEVERLAND’

Real estate agent Gloria Rhoads Berlin has recently released a book called "Michael Jackson: In Search of Neverland".

Gloria Berlin shares her account of the transaction that transpired one winter afternoon in 1988. Going deeper into the origins of Sycamore Valley Ranch and it's associations with Bill Bone. Yet the biographical sketch goes beyond that! She shares with you first hand the journey they both took in finding this lush paradise-searching long and hard for "The home of his dreams".

Mrs. Berlin even chronicles her own tales of their long-standing companionship. Since she was one of the few he could really trust, Michael intimately opens up on many subjects spanning from faith and philosophy.

She has a slight tendency to repeat herself; however this in no way ruins the experience nor the enjoyment in learning something new about the King of Pop!

If you’re aching to learn more about Michael Jackson's personal candid side-away from the strobe lights. Then grab a copy of Gloria Berlins new book! Revealing the reason and what ultimately led him to purchase Neverland Valley Ranch in Santa Ynez, California!

Click on the link below for more information about the book:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8475aslxQ4YILYACmozeixRrxLw;www.insearchofneverlandthebook.com/

Click on the link below to purchase the book:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8475a_RHWy9CYk_UDR5CINhJVWA;www.amazon.com/dp/0615355730/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

Click on the link below to read an interview with Gloria Rhodes:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8475aw96VcP8HaPOZcG5bc0c1uA;michaeljacksonbeat.blogspot.com/2010/06/interview-with-gloria-rhodes.html

Source: Amazon/ Blogspot

JACKSON 5 EXHIBIT AT MOTOWN MUSEUM

A brand new Jackson 5 exhibit opened up at the Motown Historical Museum in Detroit, Michigan. The new exhibit is in honor of the one year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death.

Visitors will be able to view photographs, awards and uniforms the group wore during their time with Motown.

Lina Stephens, chief curator for the museum says the exhibit celebrates the life of Jackson and "acknowledges the Jackson 5’s contribution to the Motown story.”

Stephens says the exhibit will be open through October. Museum summer hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Click on the link below for more information:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8475aCs0F8KCkzMAFoHRV9g5W5w;www.motownmuseum.com

Source: Motown Museum

HISTORY HEADLINES
WILL.I.AM SAYS HE WON’T RELEASE MUSIC

At the recent BET Awards http://www.facebook.com/l/8475agrk9Ubp-yBISKi_gkxalpw;Will.i.am was asked if the music that he and Michael Jackson collaborated on would ever be released to the public. He responded by saying that he didn't think it was right for him to release the songs without Jackson's input.

Click on the link below to watch a clip of the red carpet interview:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8475az0jpnY6a4zabbK88dm9H_w;www.accesshollywood.com/will-we-ever-hear-williams-musical-collaboration-with-michael-jackson_video_1236151

Source: Access Hollywood

COMMODORES RE-RECORD ‘NIGHTSHIFT’ FOR MICHAEL

On June 25, 2009 the Commodores performed at Wembley Arena in London. After their show they got the sad news that Michael Jackson had died. The following evening JD Nicholas substituted the word Michael for Jackie in their performance of their Grammy Award winning song “Nightshift.” That one change brought the audience to their feet. That's where the idea began to re-write the song as a tribute to Jackson.

The group, along with Dennis Lambert - one of the original writers - rewrote the lyrics to the song and re-recorded it. It is truly a heartfelt, beautiful tribute. They would like everyone to play the song in honor of Michael on the first anniversary of his death.

The Commodores toured with The Jackson 5 in the seventies. Following is an excerpt from the new lyrics…

“MICHAEL, he was a friend of mine
For more than forty years, no brighter star did shine
MICHAEL, they call you, “King Of Pop”
But for your gentle soul, the pain would never stop…”

Click on the link below to listen to the song:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/8475arfVVPjdR3-TfXNAFhME_Dw;www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzRoVC71Bxc

Source: http://www.facebook.com/l/8475a4geKnEmTJVAGF1v9kNwDhA;examiner.com/ YouTube

Thank You so much for informing us with this. Great Things to be informed with! :D

Well, gee, dear Tammy, RJJ, Hvnnii and the person who can't spell "Michael"... no matter your intentions, that is actually vandalism, defacing private property and simply not cool.Hope you can understand that. And things like this make us all look bad, like a bunch of crazed, disrespectful folks :( I might be able to wrap my mind around how someone thought this was a good idea (something more 'permanent', perhaps inspired by things like the memorial wall outside Staples?), but it's totally unnecessary and illegal and could make us all unwanted there. Leave some flowers with a note/card! I truly believe that Michael knows we love him from where he is now. He'll 'get' your message, whether on paper or just in your heart, no matter where you are in the world. So can we please all behave?

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch To Become A California State Park?

State Assemblyman Mike Davis (D-South Los Angeles) is proposing to turn Michael Jackson's 2,500 acre Neverland Ranch into a state park, according to the Associated Press. Davis said that fans from around the world would visit the Santa Barbra County estate -- it once had a zoo and housed amusement park rides -- and bring additional tourist dollars to Southern California. However, given the state government's fiscal crisis, it is uncertain whether or not the California Department of Parks and Recreation could purchase the property, especially since Gov. Schwarzeneggger closed down half of California's 279 parks on certain days and reduced services.
Davis suggested a public-private partnership.
"Given that we have an economic shortfall ... I suspect it would be difficult for the State Parks Department to purchase the property alone," he said.
Jackson's estate is currently co-owned by Colony Capital LLC, a private equity firm, and the Jackson family. Jackson moved out of the property in 2005 after being acquitted of child molestation. He signed over control of the property in 2008 for $35 million.
According to Davis, he was approached with the idea of turning the late pop star's estate into state property by NAACP president Alice Huffman.

here is link:http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/community/neverland-state-park/

Justin Timberlake Praises Michael Jackson's Genius

moz-screenshot-21.png

The sudden death of Michael Jackson jolted his friends and family, a second blow to the entertainment world after the loss of another pop icon, Farrah Fawcett, only hours earlier on Thursday.

"We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only Pop music but of all music," Justin Timberlake, who was clearly influenced by Jackson, wrote on his Web site. "He has been an inspiration to multiple generations, and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones."

"I can't stop crying over the sad news," Madonna says. "I have always admired Michael Jackson. The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."

here is link:http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20287787_20287803,00.html

Michael Jackson Dolls Recreate 'Thriller' And 'Billie Jean' Poses

They go on sale in the autumn...
July 14, 2010 by Jason Gregory .share_stats { padding:12px 0; } .share_stats > li.share { width:auto; } .share_stats li.facebook { margin-right:12px; } .share_stats li.share { float:left; margin-right:10px; width:97px; } .share_stats li.twitter { position:relative; top:1px; width:80px; }
  • Share30
  • tweetmeme_url = 'http://www.gigwise.com/news/57382/Michael-Jackson-Dolls-Recreate-Thriller-And-Billie-Jean-Poses'; tweetmeme_style = 'compact'; tweetmeme_source = 'gigwise';

MJDoll200.jpg
butt_myg.gif

US toymaker Playmates is set to launch a new line of collectable Michael Jackson dolls.

The 10” scale figures, which go on sale in the autumn, capture the singer's likeness and fashions.

The launch models – which can be viewed below – depict the late King of Pop in his 'Thriller' and 'Billie Jean' videos.

Tom Bennett, Chief Executive Officer of the merchandising company Bravado, said the figures celebrated Jackson's “unmistakable style and irreplaceable talent”.

Jackson memorabilia has become highly collectable since the star's sudden death in June 2009.
Michael Jackson Dolls

Previous Next
Michael Jackson - 'Thriller'
1 of 2

Previous Next

here is link:http://www.gigwise.com/news/57382/Michael-Jackson-Dolls-Recreate-Thriller-And-Billie-Jean-Poses

Michael Jackson Dolls Recreate 'Thriller' And 'Billie Jean' Poses They go on sale in the autumn...

MJDoll200.jpg
butt_myg.gif

US toymaker Playmates is set to launch a new line of collectable Michael Jackson dolls.

The 10” scale figures, which go on sale in the autumn, capture the singer's likeness and fashions.

The launch models – which can be viewed below – depict the late King of Pop in his 'Thriller' and 'Billie Jean' videos.

Tom Bennett, Chief Executive Officer of the merchandising company Bravado, said the figures celebrated Jackson's “unmistakable style and irreplaceable talent”.

Jackson memorabilia has become highly collectable since the star's sudden death in June 2009.
Michael Jackson Dolls

Previous Next
Michael Jackson - 'Thriller'
1 of 2

Previous Next

here is link:http://www.gigwise.com/news/57382/Michael-Jackson-Dolls-Recreate-Thriller-And-Billie-Jean-Poses

MJ FEATURED AT LACHAPELLE ART EXHIBIT
14th July 2010

Prominent director and photographer David LaChapelle opened his new exhibition “American Jesus” at New York’s Paul Kasmin Gallery on July 13, 2010. Highlights include the photographer’s final photo shoot with Michael Jackson, a series in which the Jackson is portrayed as a Biblical martyr. The exhibit will run through September 18, 2010.

At the exhibit’s opening, guests dined on cookies printed with images from LaChapelle’s new show. Two-hundred fifty cookies were baked by Cookie Studio; 125 of a reproduction of an image of Michael Jackson with the model Hana Soukupova and the other 125 from other photos on display.

Click on the link below to view images from the exhibit:-
http://www.facebook.com/l/d039ecChocwNDOILGNIgZESPbyg;www.complex.com/blog_galleries/Exhibit-See-David-LaChapelles-American-Jesus/gallery-1

Source: Wall Street Journal

i hope this o.k cause my sister just send this to :yes::doh::2cents:

Michael Jackson’s Neverland could become open to the public

HollywoodNews.com: California State Assembly member Mike Davis is attempting to open Michael Jackson’s Neverland park to the public.
Digital Spy which has been reading The Daily Telegraph reported the story.
The plan is for Neverland to be a California State memorial park for the late singer in the vein of Elvis Presley’s Graceland and The Heart Castle.
Says Davis: “I am committed to finding out all the details possible to make this a good proposal.”
The state would pursue a public-private partnership given its $19 billion state deficit.
Davis said: “Given that we have an economic shortfall… I suspect it would be difficult for the State Parks Department to purchase the property alone.”

here is link:http://www.hollywoodnews.com/2010/07/15/michael-jacksons-neverland-could-be-open-to-the-public/

& she also send this one too :yes::D

Q&A Sheryl Crow

She's won nine Grammy Awards for her signature brand of country rock, but now Sheryl Crow is trying a new direction: '70s soul. Her new album, 100 Miles from Memphis, plays off the location of her hometown, Kennett, Mo., and the classic Memphis sound. She talks to TIME about music, Michael Jackson and family.
Why decide to make an album like this now?
Well, I just kept coming back to it. Having grown up so close to Memphis, that was really the mecca of music for me. Elvis Presley, Sun Studio — a lot of music was influenced by what came out of Memphis. (See the 100 best albums of all time.)
It sounds a bit like an album of soul covers, but they're almost all original songs.
Actually, we started out recording a lot of covers, just to set the tone. We recorded enough to make two records and get a good start on a third.
Among them is the Jackson 5's "I Want You Back." Are you surprised by how strongly fans still feel about Michael?
I think his death kind of reintroduced us to the part of ourselves that believed in him for his artistry. Over the past 10 years, we'd all gotten really engaged in the tabloid circus that went on around him.
You've recently adopted a second boy. Is adoption a slippery slope? I'm sure Angelina Jolie at one point thought she would have only one or two kids.
I don't know what Angelina Jolie thinks, but I don't think anybody enters lightly into adoption. It's a full-life investment. I do have great resentment when people look at it as a press ploy.
Justin Timberlake and Keith Richards both show up on your album. Whom would you rather have as a babysitter?
That is tricky, I gotta say. Keith Richards is one of the smartest, most well-read people I've ever known. I'm sure Justin would be great, but Keith is all about family.

here is link:http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2004118,00.html

Mailbag: Don't remove love for Michael Jackson

I disagree with removing the fans' messages that are written on outside walls of Michael Jackson's mausoleum. I am surprised that Forest Lawn officials consider it vandalism. How can they consider these messages defacement, when fans try to give Michael Jackson their true love, and express themselves to him in a way that they could never get the chance to when Michael was still alive?
Some words written with a black marker on a wall should not be considered vandalism. Jackson's mausoleum differs from all other crypts just by his fan's messages.
Cleaning those words is cleaning Jackson from people's memories. It is cleaning Jackson's value from history. The more words and thoughts written on those walls, the better they show Jackson's popularity.
Do not make those words disappear, and let the fans appreciate Michael with the only way that is left for them.

here is link:http://www.glendalenewspress.com/news/opinion/tn-gnp-mailbag-20100717,0,2268452.story

The Top 5 Michael Jackson singles...according to you!

Last week I wrote a short tribute piece to the year deceased Michael Jackson and talked a little about his music. At the end, I wanted to hear your thoughts. What was your favourite Michael Jackson song out of his vast discography - which doesn't even count all the work he did with The Jackson 5.
So a poll was created by me, giving you the choice of choosing a whopping 78 singles which spanned from 1972 to 2009 which could be voted for by you! 223 votes later and the results are in! So what singles got the Top 5 vote?
Find out below:
5. Stranger In Moscow

200px-Stranger_In_Moscow.jpg
Album:
HIStory
Producer(s): Michael Jackson
Writer(s): Michael Jackson
Earliest release date: November 1996
Chart success: Moderate. The song hit the #1 spot in the US. It cracked the Top 5 in the UK, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Italy and New Zealand and managed to slip into the Top 20 elsewhere. It did less successfully in his native US, only peaking at #91.
Critical success: The song is among one of Michael's most critically acclaimed songs. All Music Guide have called it "one of his most haunting ballads". The New York Times have described the song as "lavishly melodic". Over on the West Coast, The Los Angeles Times have"Stranger In Moscow, is a step removed from the focused paranoia of much of the rest of (HIStory), more akin to the deeper, fuzzier dread of a past perennial like Billie Jean. Jackson imagines himself alone and adrift in a psychic Russia, pre- glasnost, hunted by an unseen KGB: 'Here abandoned in my fame / Armageddon of the brain', he sings in the somber, constricted verses, before a sweeping coda kicks up four minutes in and the stalkee suddenly breaks his cool to wail about a desolate, inconsolable loneliness. Here, in this song, is the real genius—and probably real personhood—of Michael Jackson"
My rating: 4/5
I'm actually a bit surprised that this has reached #5 on the countdown. While it's one of MJ's most critically acclaimed songs, the track is rarely seen as iconic as some of his other works. After Michael's death, the song only reached at the bottom part of the Top 100 charts in the UK and Sweeden (where it actually went Top 5 in both countries originally) but it looks like the people who dropped by here love it so with 5% of the votes, Strangers In Moscow is the fifth most popular Michael Jackson song on this blog.
Produced and written by the man himself, Strangers In Moscow is one of the many autobiographical songs on Michael's most personal album HIStory. I'm inclined to agree with The Los Angeles Times on their analysis of this song. It sees him step away from the paranoia that makes up the rest of the album and allows us to delve in deeper to the feelings of the man. Michael wrote this song while on tour in Moscow and it accounts his sadness at the media's treatment of him following the child abuse allegations launched at him in 1993, making him feel friendless and alone.
Lyrically, this track is fantastic. Michael uses Russian terminology such as"Stalin's tomb won't let me be" to highlight the misery and loneliness he's feeling as he walks through the streets of Moscow. The production is really stripped back with only a minor drum loop and a few guitars, leaving room for Michael to showcase his vocals. For the most part Michael's vocals are restrained until the climax where he lets out his agonising wail and frustration at the loneliness he's feeling.
I agree with the critics that this is one of Michael's most lyrically powerful songs. The song's reflective hook "How does it feel?" is way more effective than you would think too. The only reason I haven't given this song 5 stars is because I feel that the song is not as catchy or as memorable sonically or vocally as his other works.
Directed by Nicholas Brandt, the video is absolutely stunning and shows why Jackson is not only known as the King of Pop but the King of Music Videos too. The black and white clip fits the theme perfectly as Michael and five other depressed souls watch as the rest of the World walk by in slow motion, embracing the change in weather towards the end. The weather change is obviously a metaphor for how quickly things can change and depicts the rise and fall of Jackson's profile in the media. The cinematography is top-class with some great slow-mo, CGI induced images of birds flying, wasps buzzing and coffee spilling. Watch the video below.

4. Billie Jean

200px-Billie_Jean.jpg
Album: Thriller

Producer(s): Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones
Earliest release date: January 1983
Chart success: Phenomenal; as was the case for many of the Thriller singles. The track got to #1 in USA, Canada, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland and the UK. The song pretty much made in the Top 5 or Top 10 elsewhere. France initially didn't cop on to the amazing-ness of the song on its original release, it peaked at a disappointing #45 but they redeemed themselves after *****'s death bringing it to #1. WAHEY!
Critical success: Much like Strangers In Moscow, the song received good reviews all round with most critics lauding it for its blunt lyrical message and its instant funkiness. The song has unleashed a legacy, influencing many of today's contemporary stars and being noted at "the best dance record of all time" by the BBC.
My rating: 5/5
With over 5% of votes, this is my personal favourite Michael Jackson track. Produced with the legendary Quincy Jones, the song sees Michael Jackson acknowledge all his crazy stans (stalker fans) and report to a fictitious media that the fictitious child of the fictitious Billie Jean is "not his son". Hmm, maybe its time some of today's contemporary artists wrote a song on this subject matter with the amount of crazy people who'll attack anyone online for criticising their favourites.
It's funny, Billie Jean might never have made it on to Thriller if it weren't for Michael Jackson's persistence. Co-producer Quincy Jones absolutely hated the track, not caring for the funky bassline and the extended intro to the track. But of course, Michael knew it would be a hit and pushed for it, leading to several arguments between the two.
Eventually MJ got his wish and released it as the second single from the highest selling album of all time Thriller. Justin Timberlake and Pharrell have stated that this is one of their all time favourite songs and I'd have to agree with them. The funky bassline always makes me feel like I'm in some slick sports car in Miami or LA. And like Michael, it makes me want to dance. Although not as good as him. The bridge of this song is also pure magic - absolutely bursting with Michael's harsh fierce vocals.
Directed by Steve Barron, the video was also revolutionary. By today's standards it mightn't be much but it had many iconic and creative moments such as Michael dancing along the sidewalk with little parts of it lighting up like a dancefloor at the disco and introduced the famous white glove. It also had a clever storyline with a twist that saw Michael outsmart the paparazzo following him, who instead gets in trouble for ironically stalking Billie Jean. Watch below.

3. Human Nature

200px-Mjhm.jpg
Album:
Thriller
Producer(s): Quincy Jones
Writer(s): Steve Pocaro, John Bettis
Earliest release date: July 1983
Chart success: Surprisingly low. Although many people would have heard this song because of the impact of Thriller, it only got into the Top 10 in the US and the Netherlands. It also got into the Top 100 in the UK, Denmark and Switzerland, following his death.
Critical success: Positive. All Music have called it "gentle and lovely". The New York Times said it had an "irresistible chorus". About.com said it set the "blueprint for adult R&B".
This is the fifth single from Michael Jackson's Thriller and I'm surprised that it scooped the third place on this blog, with over 6% of votes. Why? Well mainly because it was only released in the US (hence its low chart positions), it didn't have a music video and because it has never gone down as any legendary or overwhelmingly critically praised Michael Jackson single. Which is probably why its known as one of MJ's most underrated hits.
Produced by Quincy Jones and written by Steve Pocaro and John Bettis, Michael isn't involved with these songs as much as he was with the other two on this countdown before him. Still, Michael gives a lush, gorgeous performance of the song. The song has a really calming, balmy feel to it while also being quintessentially '80s and romantic. That Summery, finger snapping melody and the quiet breathy vocals just make this one of MJ's top songs and would definitely feature in my personal Top 5 too. This is true modern R&B.

2. Smooth Criminal

200px-Smooth_Criminal.jpg
Album:
Bad
Producer(s): Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones
Earliest release date: October 1988
Chart success: The song was very successful and goes down as yet another iconic hit for the pop singer. It performed particularly well in European countries, getting to #1 in Belgium, Denmark, The Netherlands and Spain. It also reached the Top 10 in many other countries and was a fixture on many World charts following his death.
Critical success: The song was applauded for its funkiness and pop smarts but many people felt that the songs from Bad failed to live up to the songs from Thriller. Many believed poor Michael had peaked with Thriller and could never top it. The song and Bad (the album) did cement Jackson's status as an '80s icon though.
My rating: 4.5/5
Voted by over 6% of you, Smooth Criminal was the seventh out of ten singles from Michael's 1987 album Bad. The song was written by Jackson himself and co-produced with Quincy Jones. Like the writer and producer, Smooth Criminal was very much a continuation of the Thriller sound.
I love this track too and the only reason it doesn't get the full 5 stars is because I feel that too many rockstars have cover it hence making the song overused and less enjoyable. Well who could blame them with an instantly recognisable funky guitar riff playing at various intervals through the song. Once again, Michael's vocal delivery has to be praised with a hushed whispery stance taken on during the verses and a switch between gruff and falsetto heavy chorus, which really empahsises the urgent hook of the song "Annie, are you OK?" The track is one of Michael's signature hits and it was introduced to a whole new audience when one-hit wonder rockers Alien Ant Farm covered the song in 2001, with huge success too.
The video for the track is a mini-movie, very much influenced by gangster movies and The Godfather trilogy. This mini-movie concept is currently back in fashion with self proclaimed Michael Jackson fans Lady GaGa and Ne-Yopaying homage to him in their most recent videos. Watch below.

1. Man In The Mirror

200px-Mjmitm.jpg
Album: Bad

Producer(s): Quincy Jones, Michael Jackson
Writer(s): Siedah Garrett, Glen Ballard
Earliest release date: January 1988
Chart success: Phenomenal. The song reached #1 in the US on its original release but following his death, the song reached the upper parts of charts around the World and stayed there the longest out of all his releases.
Critical success: The song is revered as one of Michael's greatest songs of all time.
With a whopping 10% of the vote, you guys voted Man In The Mirror as the top Michael Jackson song of all time. I'm not surprised by this result because I think this song now holds a place in a lot of peoples' hearts. It has such an important message of self improvement too. It even had Chris Brown bawl his eyes out at the recent BET awards when he performed this song at the recent BET awards.
Released as the fourth single from Bad, Jackson didn't actually write this song but you believe he did with his powerful and heartfelt vocal performance. This is an absolutely stunning ballad from start to finish with a great message. How many of today's pop ballads have a similar message? None. So with that, I'll allow you to watch the video of many inspirational men and women who worked on self improvement and those who never did in MJ's critically acclaimed Man In The Mirror video.

Overall, I'm pleased with the Top 5 Michael Jackson songs chosen here. It's great to have some site interaction and know all your thoughts. Nearly every Michael Jackson song got a vote apart from the terrible will.i.am. remix ofThe Girl Is Mine, The Notorious B.I.G. collaboration and the novelty releases with cartoon family The Simpsons and the Eddie Murphycollaboration. I'm surprised the iconic Thriller had so little votes (although I agree that its nowhere near his best song) and was also surprised by the low performance of the rocky Beat It.
Although it did take me ages to do this post, I'm happy I did it and look forward to doing something similar in the future. Sound of below in the comments box about what you think of the Top 5.

here is link:http://unrealityshout.com/blogs/the-top-5-michael-jackson-singlesaccording-you

Re:update my sister she found all this news about MJ

OFFICIAL MJ TOY ANNOUNCED

Playmates Toys announces details about new highly sought after Michael Jackson Collectibles.

EL SEGUNDO, CA., July 14, 2010 – After much anticipation, the first product details are being revealed from Playmates Toys who earlier this year signed a deal with Bravado, the world’s leading global music merchandising company, to create collectibles based on the most successful entertainer of all time, Michael Jackson.

“We are delighted to expand our successful line of Michael Jackson collectible memorabilia by working with the innovative team at Playmates Toys,” stated Tom Bennett, Chief Executive Officer of Bravado. “This new line truly celebrates Michael’s unmistakable style and irreplaceable talent. Bringing in Playmates as a licensee only further cements Michael’s retail visibility and helps commemorate and preserve the legacy that is Michael Jackson.”

Michael’s incomparable style comes to life as Playmates rolls out the unique new 10” scale collectible which captures his likeness and the incredible fashions which have become legendary. The first 10” style will be Billie Jean which captures the bold and flashy outfit worn in the short film. The second 10” collectible is Thriller featuring the iconic red with black trim outfit from the most famous short film of all time. These two styles will launch in 2010 followed up with additional styles shortly after.

About Playmates Toys
For over 40 years, Playmates Toys is among the most well respected and innovative marketing and distribution companies in the global toy industry with a proven history in the creation of innovative and imaginative products as well as the development and management of profitable, long-term brand franchises, including TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES, iCARLY and Michael Jackson. From its offices in Hong Kong and California, Playmates designs, develops, markets and distributes its products in over 60 countries worldwide.

For more information, visit http://www.facebook.com/l/3d582gnPoudCWBvMlnz1WdQrKMQ;www.playmatestoys.com Playmates Toys Inc. (HKSE: 0869)

About Bravado
Bravado, the only global, 360° full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new & established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. In addition to Michael Jackson, Bravado artists include The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Kanye West, Beyonce, No Doubt, Nickelback, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Elton John, Guns ‘N Roses, Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Green Day and The Killers, among many others.

Source: Playmates Toys / Bravado

New Michael Jackson Album Rumored for November 2010

he Late King of Pop Will Allegedly Release a Collection of Brand New Material Later This YearA new Michael Jackson album will hit stores in November 2010, according to a post on a Michael Jackson message board attributed to "a source at Sony." google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
lg.php

The new Michael Jackson album would not be a greatest hits package, but rather a completely new collection of unreleased material, possibly including a highly-anticipated collaboration between the King of Pop and rocker Lenny Kravitz.

New Michael Jackson Album rumored to hit stores just before Thanksgiving

A post on the MJJ Community message board quotes "a source at Sony USA" as the source of the rumors. According to the source, the album of 10-12 new tracks will hit stores just before Thanksgiving 2010.

Whether the rumors are true, of course, is a matter for debate. But, for Michael Jackson's millions of fans worldwide, just a rumor of new music from the King of Pop is enough to get excited about.

New Michael Jackson album rumored to contain Lenny Kravitz collaboration

According to the post, the source says the tracklist for the new Michael Jackson album is not finalized, but it may contain several highly-anticipated unreleased tracks, including "Another Day," a collaboration between Jackson and Lenny Kravitz. A portion of "Another Day" leaked several months ago, and Kravitz responded by posting a video clip on YouTube stating his desire to see the song have a proper release.

Another rumored track on the new Michael Jackson album is "Hold My Hand," a duet with Akon that leaked online in 2008. Other possible songs include collaborations with T-Pain and will.i.am, and a song Jackson wrote for Hurricane Katrina victims in 2006.

If the rumors are true, the new Michael Jackson album could revive the slumping music business

The message board post quotes the Sony source as saying that the new album will be given full promotion, including music videos and a large-scale marketing campaign with print and online advertisements.

The King of Pop's untimely death in June 2009 helped revive the sluggish music industry, and a new Michael Jackson album could have the same effect. Only time will tell if the rumors of a new Michael Jackson album turn google_protectAndRun("ads_core.google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
lg.php

out to be true, but all of his fans certainly hope so.

Sources:

Lenny Kravitz message to fans, YouTube

MJJ Community Official Forum: New Michael Jackson album thread

Related articles:

The 10 Best Michael Jackson Songs You've Never Heard

Madonna & Michael Jackson: The Musical Collaboration

here is link:http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5560940/new_michael_jackson_album_rumored_for.html?cat=33

i got some new news from my sister :D

Jackson house for sale

The Los Angeles mansion where Michael Jackson died, a French chateau in Holmby Hills, can be yours for $US28,995,000. The pop icon was leasing the 1595-square-metres stately mansion at $US100,000 ($A109,000) a month at the time of his death last year.
The Richard Landry-designed estate, built in 2002, has a theatre, a wine cellar and tasting room, an art studio, a gym with a spa and a lift. The guesthouse has stained-glass doors leading to the pool and gardens. There are seven bedrooms, 13 bathrooms and 12 fireplaces. Half a hectare of gated grounds include a swimming pool.
The property returned to the market in April for lease at $US100,000 a month and was listed for sale this week.

here is link:http://www.theage.com.au/world/jackson-house-for-sale-20100805-11kn6.html

4-Year-Old Michael Jackson Impersonator A 'Treasure' To Watch

At 4 years of age, Wang Yiming already touts a resume that could rival those held by people 10 times his age. Better known by his stage name Xiao Bao or "Little Treasure," China's youngest Michael Jackson impersonator has wowed worldwide audiences at venues ranging from America's "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to Shanghai's World Expo.
ht_MJ_kid_2_100805_mn.jpg
At 4 years of age, Wang Yiming already touts a resume that could rival those held by people ten...
At 4 years of age, Wang Yiming already touts a resume that could rival those held by people ten times his age. Better known by his stage name Xiao Bao or "Little Treasure," China's youngest Michael Jackson impersonator has wowed worldwide audiences at venues ranging from America's "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" to Shanghai's World Expo.
(Courtesy Jav Zhuo)
More Photos

Offstage, the pint-sized performer hones his skills six times a week inside a Beijing dance studio. During a recent practice, an instructor guided Xiao Bao through a new routine as hip-hop music blasted from the stereo. The 4-year-old popped, locked and stepped to the beat while his proud parents watched from the sidelines.
"He's a natural-born performer," mother Bian Aiqing said. "Xiao Bao's personality has always been very animated and outgoing. He likes showing off his talents and performing in public."

Ask Xiao Bao, and he will tell a similar tale.
"I've been dancing ever since I was in my mother's womb," he said.
Once the lesson ended, the transformation began. After a quick break, Xiao Bao was ready for his solo. Changing into a black fedora, crisp suit and patent leather shoes, one of Jackson's signature looks, he danced and lip-synced his way through a mix track of Michael's greatest hits, mimicking the King of Pop in moves and in attitude.

When asked to give his reason for imitating the pop legend, Xiao Bao gave a simple, frank answer: "Because I like Michael." Influenced by an older brother who often played Jackson's songs around the house, Xiao Bao became a fan at the age of three. His favorite songs include "Billie Jean," "Beat It," "Smooth Criminal" and "Dangerous."
Although Xiao Bao traveled to Hong Kong to perform on the one-year anniversary of Jackson's death, he is unaware of the King of Pop's passing. His parents have chosen to keep the news from the 4-year-old until he is older. For now, they tell him that Jackson went to a faraway place.
"Michael's gone to visit his friends," Xiao Bao told ABC News.

to let you know that it's long story o.k you can finsh read it in website

here is link:http://abcnews.go.com/International...kson-impersonator-year-xiao/story?id=11319599

Michael Jackson Mansion Listed, $10 Million Price Cut

MLS, Listing courtesy of Jerry Jolton, Coldwell Banker-BH South​
The California mansion where pop-star Michael Jackson died more than a year ago is on the market for $29 million–a whopping $10 million discount from its 2008 price tag.
Set in Hollywood’s exclusive Holmby Hills neighborhood and modeled after a French chateau, the house has seven bedrooms, 13 bathrooms and 12 fireplaces, according to the listing (which also features a photo slideshow). The 17,000-square-foot address also boasts an art studio, wine cellar, theater, elevator and spa.
Mr. Jackson’s rented the space for a reported $100,000 per month.
We’re sure that the singer’s fans are already plotting to pose as interested buyers for a sneak peek. But owner Hubert Guez - head of the Ed Hardy line - requires potential buyers to go through an extensive pre-qualifying check, TMZ reports. Before you try qualifying, know this is not Neverland Ranch, Mr. Jackson’s former estate in California.

here is link:http://blogs.wsj.com/developments/2010/08/05/michael-jackson-mansion-listed-10-million-price-cut/

Michael Jackson: The Experience on Xbox 360 Kinect to Support Four Players

michael_jackson_experience_blip.JPG

Following the revelation of the technical specifications of the forthcoming Kinect full-body motion-control system, courtesy of your very own Electronic Theatre, some speculation has arisen as to just how many players Kinect will be able to support in-game. With Microsoft refusing to clarify the situation and all the launch software only supporting two-players, gamers have begun looking for the title that can break the silence. According to a Fact Sheet from Ubisoft, Michael Jackson: The Experience could be the game to do just that.
Michael Jackson: The Experience is currently in development for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable (PSP), with each version tailored to suit the unique capabilities of their host system. With respect to the Xbox 360
michael_jackson_experience_temp2.jpg
version of the game, that of course includes compatibility with Microsoft’s forthcoming Kinect motion-control peripheral. It’s already common knowledge that Michael Jackson: The Experience will include a multiplayer mode, but the official Fact Sheet from Ubisoft suggests that it’s use of Kinect may be superior to those titles witnessed thus far.
“Play with up to 4 players (Jump in/Jump out game-play)” states the official Fact Sheet somewhat vaguely. No further details are currently known, and no clarification is available as to whether the “Jump in/Jump out game-play” is a mechanic as to where players can join and leave during the middle of tracks, or whether in fact it’s a much more simple alternating-player system. However, with Michael Jackson: The Experience currently set for release this November, more details are likely to be available very soon. Electronic Theatrewill keep you updated.

-END-

here is link:http://electronictheatre.co.uk/inde...ce-on-xbox-360-kinect-to-support-four-players

Rockstar all this news gets posted with threads of there own.. I know you mean well but we don't keep all news in one thread.

Thank you for trying to help though. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back