My MJ collection

vinniram

Proud Member
Since Michael has died, I'm finding myself needing to once again buy lots of Michael-related things. Currently, my MJ collection consists of:

Albums:
- Off The Wall
- Thriller
- Bad
- Dangerous
- HIStory: Past, Present And Future - Book I
- Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory In The Mix
- Invincible
- Number Ones
- The Essential Michael Jackson (also The Essential Jacksons)
- Thriller 25 (and the two singles from that)

DVDs:
- Dangerous: The Short Films
- The Dangerous Tour: Live In Bucharest
- HIStory Volume I
- HIStory Volume II
- The One
- Number Ones
-Thriller 25 DVD (bundled with the album)

I still feel horrible that in the months before Michael passed away, I kind of lost my momentum in MJ-related things, including collecting, which had all been going strong for several years prior. I was still a fan in my heart, but I guess I just slowed down for a bit because I got distracted by other things. And I feel guilty for doing that, like I wasn't there at the end :(:(:(. But I was, in my heart (I love you more Michael), and I keep telling myself that, but that doesn't stop me from separating my life into two phases: before and after Michael died. I suppose I'll always feel like this...

Um anyway what I mean is that now I'm embarking on my latest collection phase. I know some people on here have stuff filling up an entire room, but for me I'm content to have my little shrine to MJ on my top shelf :) So, to fill up this shelf, these are what I'm planning to get:

- The Ultimate Collection (I really should have this already but I just never knew where to get it from until I found it on amazon - damn Australia for not selling it in store!!!)
- Visionary: The Video Singles (I really want this, but it's $230 on amazon, and I don't have that kind of money at the moment :( I guess I'll either save up, or drop very obvious hints to my family about what I'd like for my next birthday:p My birthday is august 31st, two days after Michaels :D I love how our bdays are so close :D:D:D)
- King of Pop (I'm just gonna pop into JB Hifi and pick this up in the next few days)
- Dangerous Limited Pop-up Edition (I've had my eye on this for a while - it's beautiful, I love Dangerous, and I'm going to get it this time!!!)
- Lots of singles (I've wanted to get singles, but they're so hard to come by - I spent a whole day going from the salvos to lifeline to st. vinnies, and I pored over all the old vinyls and cds, but not a single MJ single! I guess people love his music too much to sell it to op shops)

So there it is - my hopes for the future of my MJ collection. I feel with Michael having gone, my collection keeps me strong knowing that he'll always be a part of me. I know he's in my heart, but having that physical symbol of his importance to me is powerful and reaffirms how much I love him.

In any case, I just wanted to talk about my MJ collection with you guys :) This place has been so good to just come to and chat and chill with people who love MJ like I do. I don't know any other MJ fans in real life, so this place is wonderful. Thank you all :D And I love you more Michael :)

Nice collection, would be great if you uploaded some pictures

Hey, you can get The Ultimate Collection (black version) in Australia... i bought it a few years back from Dick Smith Powerhouse... id probably check out JB HiFi too..

Ah cool I'll have a look in the next few days. I was gonna order it off amazon, but postage is such a pain :(

Nice collection! I do have Dangerous Limited Pop-up Edition - it took me lots of tries on e-bay to get it at a decent price but worth it. I also have Thriller picture album - oh, and the original "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" vinyls - bought them when they first came out, so they're well used (tells my age - hahaha). I also love collecting magazines - don't know why, just do. Have lots - some over 20 years old - and adding more.

Thats a nice collection you have. I need to get some more MJ stuff as well. Especially MJ posters theres quite a few MJ posters on Ebay that I would love to get.

You should check easyart.com. They've got some really nice posters:

332168.jpg

332166.jpg

Since Michael has died, I'm finding myself needing to once again buy lots of Michael-related things. Currently, my MJ collection consists of:

Albums:
- Off The Wall
- Thriller
- Bad
- Dangerous
- HIStory: Past, Present And Future - Book I
- Blood On The Dance Floor: HIStory In The Mix
- Invincible
- Number Ones
- The Essential Michael Jackson (also The Essential Jacksons)
- Thriller 25 (and the two singles from that)

DVDs:
- Dangerous: The Short Films
- The Dangerous Tour: Live In Bucharest
- HIStory Volume I
- HIStory Volume II
- The One
- Number Ones
-Thriller 25 DVD (bundled with the album)

I still feel horrible that in the months before Michael passed away, I kind of lost my momentum in MJ-related things, including collecting, which had all been going strong for several years prior. I was still a fan in my heart, but I guess I just slowed down for a bit because I got distracted by other things. And I feel guilty for doing that, like I wasn't there at the end :(:(:(. But I was, in my heart (I love you more Michael), and I keep telling myself that, but that doesn't stop me from separating my life into two phases: before and after Michael died. I suppose I'll always feel like this...

Um anyway what I mean is that now I'm embarking on my latest collection phase. I know some people on here have stuff filling up an entire room, but for me I'm content to have my little shrine to MJ on my top shelf :) So, to fill up this shelf, these are what I'm planning to get:

- The Ultimate Collection (I really should have this already but I just never knew where to get it from until I found it on amazon - damn Australia for not selling it in store!!!)
- Visionary: The Video Singles (I really want this, but it's $230 on amazon, and I don't have that kind of money at the moment :( I guess I'll either save up, or drop very obvious hints to my family about what I'd like for my next birthday:p My birthday is august 31st, two days after Michaels :D I love how our bdays are so close :D:D:D)
- King of Pop (I'm just gonna pop into JB Hifi and pick this up in the next few days)
- Dangerous Limited Pop-up Edition (I've had my eye on this for a while - it's beautiful, I love Dangerous, and I'm going to get it this time!!!)
- Lots of singles (I've wanted to get singles, but they're so hard to come by - I spent a whole day going from the salvos to lifeline to st. vinnies, and I pored over all the old vinyls and cds, but not a single MJ single! I guess people love his music too much to sell it to op shops)

So there it is - my hopes for the future of my MJ collection. I feel with Michael having gone, my collection keeps me strong knowing that he'll always be a part of me. I know he's in my heart, but having that physical symbol of his importance to me is powerful and reaffirms how much I love him.

In any case, I just wanted to talk about my MJ collection with you guys :) This place has been so good to just come to and chat and chill with people who love MJ like I do. I don't know any other MJ fans in real life, so this place is wonderful. Thank you all :D And I love you more Michael :)

You should really buy some Jackson 5 and the Jacksons albums. There are great stuff there, some are better than he has done solo.

You should really buy some Jackson 5 and the Jacksons albums. There are great stuff there, some are better than he has done solo.

:) Just today, I bought Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5: The Motown Collection (brown cover, picture of a young Michael :)). I love Michael, I'm struggling to not fall apart.

Back