My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

I love it. But that's probably because my favorite movie is Titanic :)

It's a great song. It made the film as popular as it is. The actual final recording of that song was Celine's demo take. Pretty impressive. She's an incredible singer.

It's a great song. It made the film as popular as it is. The actual final recording of that song was Celine's demo take. Pretty impressive. She's an incredible singer.

yeah considering it won best film over good will hunting, as good as it gets and la confidential.

but anyway i never really liked the song but i lik her voice in it.... if that makes sense.

Well it's a little over the top with the drama, lol. But a lot of good songs are like that I suppose. If anyone else had sung it, it probably wouldn't have worked as well, lol. I get what you mean giddyup. I never realized that "Titanic" beat all those films for best picture. That's jacked up, lol.

What do people think of My Heart Will Go On ("Titanic song") by Celine Dion here? I find that people either love or hate that song, and I was curious to see what people who are obviously MJ fans thought about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO_vFuzPJvc
So what are your views?
I personally love it. :)

As much as I think Celine has a powerful command of a song, after hearing it so many times it became somewhat irritating after awhile for some reason. But that's just me, nothing against Celine at all.

Well it's a little over the top with the drama, lol. But a lot of good songs are like that I suppose. If anyone else had sung it, it probably wouldn't have worked as well, lol. I get what you mean giddyup. I never realized that "Titanic" beat all those films for best picture. That's jacked up, lol.

*gasp* It won because it's amaaaazing! And cause it's my fave :cheeky:

Gosh, I was 10 when that movie came out. Bought the soundtrack as soon as it hit shelves. Yep, I really loved it. So much that I got the sheet music as a kid and learned how to play it. I remember trying to impress my friends and play it for them on the piano. Lol, it worked too! I really did enjoy it, and it was a great song. Problem is, that it became so overplayed. People started dumbing it down and making SNL spoofs. And poor Celine got so much recognition for it that some people only knew her as the girl who sang the Titanic song.

Nowadays I only see people singing it in a silly voice to make fun of it. I think people forgot it was really a great production.

Yeah it's a good song but it got played over and over to the point where you didn't wanna hear it any more :lol: Still a very nice song though :yes:

Titanic :wub:

Yeah, it was overplayed, but that's not her fault. When I saw her in Vegas, she sang that song easily as good live as on record. Her voice is unreal. She's got the most powerful voice I've ever heard. It's like a jet engine that just keeps reving up higher and higher. Just to give you an idea, check her out singing "O Holy Night".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jr-2eyRtV4

And poor Celine got so much recognition for it that some people only knew her as the girl who sang the Titanic song.
Yeah, that's a shame, really. She has sung some fantastically beautiful songs that didn't get the recognition they deserved.

It's an amazing song, that's for sure:) but it reminds that Weird Al Yankovich made a parody of this song, he changed the title to "My fart will go on". It just cracks me up;) Sorry if I offended you.

I remember crying hearing and watching the musicvideo for the first time :doh:

Yeah, I'm very sensitive!

But indeed, it is a nice song. And Celine's voice is great.

It's an amazing song, that's for sure:) but it reminds that Weird Al Yankovich made a parody of this song, he changed the title to "My fart will go on". It just cracks me up;) Sorry if I offended you.

I just looked it up.. so random! XD :p

Beautiful song, but I can no longer listen to it. I've heard it too much and it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overplayed. I remember when it first came out, it was everywhere, couldn't escape it. It's still a nice song though. Celine put her heart and soul into that song and it'll probably always be her signature tune.

Back