My fav quote from Cory Rooney about Michael.

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I love this interview and Cory Rooney is good man for saying it like this.

CR: “I don’t really think the music industry has taken a deep enough look at what Michael Jackson meant to everybody, all of us artists, producers, actors, actresses, all of us, entertainment as a whole. I don’t think that they took a deep enough look because everyone is too busy with their head up their own butt. When Michael was on trial, nobody…nobody stopped to go and support him at the trial.”

CR: “The guy is acquitted on ten counts of child molestation. No one said, ‘Sorry Michael.’ No one said, ‘Michael, we knew you were innocent.’ No one did a BET tribute to him then. Nobody played his music and did a marathon then. Nobody rallied up and did a concert. Why should Michael have to go on tour to raise money? How come all of the artists didn’t band together and say, ‘Hey! You know what? Let’s do a tour like Michael did the We Are The World Tour and let’s raise some money. Let’s get this thing going.’ No one did that. Tookie Williams is the founder of the crips gang. “They were trying to get him pardoned from the death penalty and half of Hollywood showed up for this man. What I can’t understand is like, ok people didn’t want to go near Michael Jackson when he was in trouble.”

CR: “But they show up for a guy who executed families. A little girl begged for her life and he executed her. They said because he wrote in his time in prison he wrote children’s books that he tried to turn his life around. He was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. Well, how about the millions of children Michael Jackson has helped over the span of his career? Yet two children come with some false allegations and those two children become the two children that destroy him. It’s crazy. It makes me look at the entertainment business and just say I’m surrounded by a bunch of hypocrites.

Last edited:
I like Cory Rooney he seems genuine, and just a nice guy. I wish Michael would have kept in touch with him.

Thanks for posting this bruv. I loved this when I read it years ago and still love it. He's so right.

No problem brother. Yeah, i even saved this as an Rtf back when i first read it. I especially like the part of him trying to encourge Michael to release The Victory Tour :D

Wow. That was great and so true. He not only had the guts to say it, but several years ago? Mad respect for him!!

Did we hear Corey Rooney during the trial or saw him there?

Back