My Dark Twisted Fantasy by Kanye West

Yeezy

Proud Member
The Kanye West album being released November 16th 2010. I don't think there is any other album as anticipated this year in the mainstream. 2 songs thats have been put out so far from the album. I hope everyone that comes in to the thread gives there opinion on what they think about the two songs, also if they are looking forward to the release.

First single was Power:

The second song Kanye put out for his fans because he just wanted them to have it.

See Me Now feat. Beyonce & Charlie Wilson:

Last edited:
I love Power. See Me Now is weak.

I'm looking forward to the album; gonna illegally download the shit out that joint.

you're a Kanye West fan? (notice, i'm defending somebody other than MJ)

Yeah, a casual fan though. Don't care enough to buy an album for the sole purpose of giving him a record sale. Same goes for 90% of people I listen to.

No he can't, listen to the REAL hiphop artists like Rakim, the Pharcyde, Hieroglyphics, Talib Kweli, Mos Def and KRS One.

Those people can rap, Kanye should stick to making beats en let other rappers do the rhyming.

No he can't, listen to the REAL hiphop artists like Rakim, the Pharcyde, Hieroglyphics, Talib Kweli, Mos Def and KRS One.

Those people can rap, Kanye should stick to making beats en let other rappers do the rhyming.

Listen to all those thank you, apart from Hieroglyphics. :)
Seeing KRS in about 6 weeks!!!! Cannot wait for that!

Kanye can anyways, quit hating.

Kanye West Claims Fantasy Cover "Banned" by Walmart

bb0fff86.jpg

Walmart just isn't feeling Kanye West's Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

Well, according to the rapper.

"Yoooo they banned my album cover!!!!! Ima tweet in a few…," West wrote on his Twitter Sunday.

And just what does this possibly too-hot-for-big box retail Fantasy look like?

Prepare yourself...

Like this. And whatever you think about it, the rapper responsed in good, old-fashioned Kanye-style tweeting vengeance.

"Banned in the USA!!! They don't want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix!," West wrote.

Quicker than anyone could ask for clarification about this peculiar phoenix character, the Power rapper posted the shot in question, which as you can see shows two reclining figures, plus or minus arms, wings and a tail.

"In the 70s album covers had actual nudity…It's so funny that people forget that…Everything has been so commercialized now," West went on to say. "I know that cover just blew yall minds…I wish yall could see how hard I'm smiling right now!!!"

And there was even more to be said about this supposed ban.

"In all honesty…I really don't be thinking about Walmart when I make my music or album covers #kanyeshrug!", the loquacious Grammy winner ranted on. "I wanna sell albums but not at the expense of my true creativity."

So, what do you think about West's album cover? Take the poll and let's settle this.

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b206126_kanye_west_claims_fantasy_cover_banned.html#ixzz136hNg8PF

*their, not there.

I think the songs are alright. I've never been a Kanye fan, but I do like some of his music, and his stuff is of better quality than the majority of the mainstream acts out the right now anyway.

EDIT: Oh and that album cover is incredibly shocking... *yawns*

Seriously, people need to get over their fear of human nudity. I am not surprised that Wal-Mart, a traditionally conservative capitalist pig hub, would choose to ban this album cover, yet endorse a talentless tart like Miley Cyrus. Go figure. I can't believe it, but I'm actually on Kanye's side.

Back