Musician's studio notes for 'Bad' remix 87?

myosotis

Proud Member
I just found this on e-bay and wondered if it was genuine and if it was of interest..... it looks as if it is written in pencil and is a bit smudgey. Perhaps a fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/1987-MICHAEL-JA...747?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564074d413

1987 Michael Jackson musicians studio notes for "Bad" Newest edit version, Mix Master. Westlake Studios,client Epic Records-Edit Version, Engineer Bruce Swedien. Paper shows 32 tracks in all,of which all of them were used.Written in with the names of the musicians. Light cardboard type material. These were given to all the people involved in the production of the song. Measures 11 x 13 1/2". Great condition !!!

NOT FAKE! :cheeky:

This is a board track sheet, to guide the allocation of the channels for mixing. FYI, Bruce Swedien showed a similar track sheet for the mixing of Thriller on a workshop. here's the video, go to 01:24 time :

NOT FAKE! :cheeky:

This is a board track sheet, to guide the allocation of the channels for mixing. FYI, Bruce Swedien showed a similar track sheet for the mixing of Thriller on a workshop. QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the comments and for posting that video...I could listen to Bruce Swedien for hours ...I probably only understand one sentence in three, but the guy is so interesting it doesn't seem to matter. ( I read his book, understood maybe half, but still enjoyed it...he's a really talented chap and a great communicator). Wish I had his ears, to be able to dissect music that way..take it apart and put it back together. Even when he tells you what to listen out for, I still can't hear it (eg Michael dancing on the recording 'platform'.)
I saw one of the original mixing boards was up for sale on ebay too, a couple of days ago.

Back