Music Royality Couple: Beyonce Gives Birth To Daughter Ivy With Father Shawn Carter (Jay Z)

souldreamer7

Proud Member
Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce's Baby: Star Gives Birth To Daughter With Jay-Z, What's Her Future?
r-BEYONCE-JAYZ-large570.jpg

First Posted: 1/8/12 07:51 AM ET Updated: 1/8/12 10:54 AM ET
Huffington Post

Blue Ivy Carter has arrived.

Beyonce gave birth to a daughter named Blue Ivy late Saturday, welcoming in with Jay-Z the most anticipated celebrity child of this new decade. Her very conception announced in show business style with a red carpet bomb at the MTV VMAs in late summer 2011, Blue Ivy will continue to have a massive impact on show business.

One of the hardest working women in show business, Beyonce performed that night at the VMAs and continued to perform live as her pregnancy progressed. She gave concerts through November, in fact, for her 4 Live tour, playing dates across the nation. But much of Beyonce's ever-lasting work released during that time was made before the pregnancy, including videos for "Love on Top," "Party" and "Dance for You" and "Countdown."

Presumably, she'll have a sweet period of motherly bonding with little Blue Ivy (or Ivy Blue!), but don't expect her to slow down too much. Songwriter The-Dream told The Boombox in late December that Beyonce was working on new material.

"She's ready to work," he said. "She's crazy! She never stops doing anything. I don't know if [pregnancy] is going to slow her down. She's just incredible with doing things, I don't know how she's going to do it, she's just a maniac... in a good way."

Bey is nominated for two Grammys, so it will be interesting to see if she performs live at that show.

She also has an acting career, which should jumpstart again now that she's had the child. She was supposed to co-star with Clint Eastwood in "A Star Is Born," a remake of a film about a young singer who falls in love with a spiraling, fading rock star. That was put on hold once her pregnancy was revealed, with Eastwood then signing up for "The Trouble With the Curve." Presumably, once that finishes, "A Star Is Born" can get back underway. Quite the ironic title, too.

http://youtu.be/C6AwTPrRp_4

SlideShow of Beyonce pregnant:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...r-gives-birth-ivy-blue_n_1192282.html#s579090

Source:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/08/beyonces-baby-singer-gives-birth-ivy-blue_n_1192282.html

Congrats to them!

But this is sad....

Brooklyn dad stopped from seeing premature twins by Beyonce baby hospital 'takeover' - NYPOST.com
Dad stopped from seeing premature twins by Beyonce's hospital 'takeover'

She’s not even two days old, but Beyonce and Jay-Z’s new baby girl is already proving to be a diva thanks to the over-the-top security measures afforded her pushy, famous parents at the Manhattan hospital where she was born.

To accommodate the influential couple’s demand for privacy for them and their new kid at Lenox Hill Hospital, other new and expecting parents said they have essentially been put on “lockdown” — and even booted out of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, which was on the same floor as Beyonce’s delivery “suite” — so the pampered songstress and her party could come and go unencumbered.

Jaff1204134--300x300.JPG

'Like no one else mattered': Brooklyn dad Neil Coulon raged against Beyonce's privacy demands after he was stopped from seeing his premature twins at Lenox Hill Hospital.

“They just used the hospital like it was their own and nobody else mattered,” raged new dad Neil Coulon, whose efforts to see his premature, newborn twins in the neonatal ICU were disrupted by the birth of little Blue Ivy Carter.

“They locked us into the NICU and would say, ‘You can’t come out to the hallway for the next 20 minutes.’ When I finally was able to go back out, I went to the waiting room and they’d ushered my family downstairs!”

Beyonce, 30, and Jay-Z, 42, whose real name is Shawn Carter, welcomed their new princess, born by C-section, at the Upper East Side hospital Saturday night.
The baby is reportedly named for her dad’s album, “Blueprint” and her mom’s favorite number, 4 -- represented by the Roman numeral IV , or “Ivy.”

62205839--300x300.jpg

Star pair Jay-Z and Beyonce are notoriously pushy, and apparently getting their way at Lenox Hill Hospital -- to the outrage of regular joes.

The drama surrounding Blue Ivy’s long-awaited arrival began Friday night, when Beyonce checked in under the name “Ingrid Jackson” and settled into her sixth-floor suite to have the baby.

Windows in the nearby NICU were blacked out with tape and temporary curtains hung so that nobody could see the comings and goings at the of the VIP at the other end of the hallway.

Beyonce has “her own security, and hospital security,” a Lenox Hill employee noted.

By last night, Blue Ivy and her mom had been moved down to their special pad on the fourth floor, where the Grammy-winning new mom and rap-legend dad showed her off to friends, the hospital employee said.

A hospital spokeswoman said the hospital has special patient suites and that rooms can be reserved.

She declined to give the cost but said published reports that Jay-Z shelled out $1.3 million for “an entire floor” were exaggerated but wouldn’t say by how much.

Last night, at least four security guards stood watch at the hospital’s fourth-floor elevator bank, where new parents and grandparents were still voicing their frustrations over security measures that delayed or completely prevented them from visiting.

“People are really upset and complaining,” said the hospital worker, noting that the medical staff has to “shut down” whenever there’s movement on Beyonce’s part.

Coulon — a Brooklyn contractor whose girls were born prematurely 11 days ago — said it happened at least four times between Friday and yesterday on the sixth floor.

He said some of his relatives drove four and a half hours to see his girls, only to be shunted aside for Beyonce.

Of the other NICU parents, he said, “These are parents who are going through very stressful times. To have that circus roll into town ... having to deal with all this drama because someone is a superstar isn’t fair.”

Beyonce had a steady stream of visitors yesterday. A makeup artist was spotted going up with several bags in tow, and lunch was special-delivered from a local burger joint and gourmet market.

Pals who didn’t make it to the hospital weighed in on Twitter -- including Diddy, Russell Simmons and LaToya Jackson.

“Welcome to the world Blue! We love you already,” wrote Beyonce best friend Gwyneth Paltrow, while Rihanna tweeted: “Welcome to the world princess Carter! Love Aunty Rih.”

Additional reporting by Helen Freund

BeyoncegivesbirthtoababygirlinNewYork205529--520x350.jpg

Parents walk by Lenox Hill Hospital, where the birth of Beyonce's baby has other patients steamed.

Really ?:bugeyed
I don't know who to blame, Jay-z for his request or the clinic for their agreement ?
How can a clinic can do that to other parents ? I believed they have special suites for celebrities - And is that so difficult to explain to Jay-Z that what he wanted for his wife and new born, mean that other parents will be excluded away from their own babies ? I mean this clinic has made a priority of money instead of the welfare of the new parents, this is extremely not fair. I'm very sad for this man, to have twins is stressful and more again if they are prematures.

Beside this, congratulations to the new parents :baby:

If that report is true... then how could a hospital deny you or family to see your baby!?!? Couldn't you sue..or something?

This hospital caters to the wealthy. I stayed there overnight last year. Not to have a baby lol but after going to the emergency room with abdominal pains and then being admitted. I couldn't even get a Tylenol out of my nurse who rarely came into my room. They left me to starve and treated me like crap. There's more to my horror story but let me end it by saying I had to literally escape out of that hospital by demanding that they release me and signing some kind of waiver form. Oh and get this...they billed my insurance $6000 for the use of their semi-private room...for not even an entire day! I might as well have stayed at Trump Plaza or the Four Seasons for a week. I had another battle with them over my bill. I'm sure Beyonce got much better treatment.

But anyway, I like Beyonce so congratulations to the new family. ;)

The very expression "music royalty" says it all. They are considered above the rest of humanity and that's how they also see themselves. Basically, 2 singers had a baby. The end. They both are responsible for the misery they imposed on other parents, as they asked for that special treatment. Personally, such pretention appalled me.
It's time americans bring their celebrities back to earth already. This would not happen anywhere else.

Just because they are celebrities it does not mean that they should be treated as royal kings and queens... They are human beings just like others and should be treated the same way as others...

I agree Butterflies! For me the only two American Royals are Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley but it doesn't mean they deserve to have special treatment over regular people just for being Kings.

I'm sorry but no one even doubted this story to be true? We all know the press posts lies but why do all people just doubt it when it comes to Michael Jackson?

I think there is "some" truth to this story, but people are just overblowing it. Fact is, if that father couldn't see their children it's clearly the hospitals fault, NOT Beyonce. She can book the suites, she can do whatever she feels like if she could afford it, but the hospital has its responsibility too. I also can't fathom how one could say a person shouldn't be treated like kings or queens even if they could afford it. You want to be luxurious? Can you handle it? Then go for it! How could this be criticized when they paid for it with their own money?

Congratulations to Beyonce and Jay-Z, they've done nothing wrong.

Back