Music producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins talks about unreleased music and birthday memories

BruceWayne

Proud Member
Music producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins talks about unreleased music and birthday memories

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/08/78052/index.html

I asked Rodney a while ago (before Michael died) how many unreleased songs he have with Michael and he said that there are 7 left over songs from Invincible. Thought I might as well say that in case anyone of you guys might wonder how many songs he's sitting on.

Re: Music producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins talks about unreleased music and birthday memories

Nice thank you

Re: Music producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins talks about unreleased music and birthday memories

only 7??

I thought Mike recorded over 100 songs for each album?

that was nice I hope we see some new songs soon

only 7??

I think Michael is exaggerating when he says 100 songs.
But with demo's, half done lyrics and stuff like that including different producers then it might add up to 100.
100 is a really, really, high number. That's more than 6½ hours of music if every song is 4 minutes long.

But I mean, it's Michael we're talking about. Akon said they made tons of amazing songs and Michael was like "Pass, if we could come up with a great song like this then we can take it a step even further"

only 7??

he is not talking about all the unreleased songs that mj had he was only talking about the ones he made with him

I think Michael is exaggerating when he says 100 songs.
But with demo's, half done lyrics and stuff like that including different producers then it might add up to 100.
100 is a really, really, high number. That's more than 6½ hours of music if every song is 4 minutes long.

But I mean, it's Michael we're talking about. Akon said they made tons of amazing songs and Michael was like "Pass, if we could come up with a great song like this then we can take it a step even further"

Hmm Stevie Wonder records over 100 songs for each album and he has over 2000 Yes people 2000 unreleased songs in his vault.

So if Michael is exaggerating when he says 100 songs per album so this means Michael hasn´t got many unreleased songs?

Hmm Stevie Wonder records over 100 songs for each album and he has over 2000 Yes people 2000 unreleased songs in his vault.

So if Michael is exaggerating when he says 100 songs per album so this means Michael hasn´t got many unreleased songs?

I should've really used the word might be exaggerating - because I then later on in my post explained how it on the other hand might be very well possible.

But 100 completely produced songs I think he hasn't.
Many though that are like "Fall Again" where he's mumbling and stuff.
But who knows.

Let's put it like this, there's probably a shit load of music with Michael that we have not heard :)

he is not talking about all the unreleased songs that mj had he was only talking about the ones he made with him

Yeah I know but only 7 songs?? He was working with Jerkins for years he was THE PRODUCER behind invincible.

A question. Who owns these 7 songs? Can Rodney release the songs without a YES from the Estate? What about Sony?

Pass, if we could come up with a great song like this then we can take it a step even further"
Oh that's great. :)

goddamn, Stevie got music up to wazoo.

Hopefully the songs will be released one day:) Cuz even Mike's raggedy songs are good, even if you can't make out what he's sayin lol.

Thanks! I've loved everything Rodney Jerkins has had to say thus far about Michael. Absolutely everything!

Yeah usually I'm not that hyped about "left over" tracks, but man after hearing "We've had enough" I'm definitely reaaally excited! If Michael have tracks in that calibre as left overs then they can just stack em up and drop an album.

only 7??

he said 7 with Rodney Jerkins, Michael worked his own songs too as well as with other producers, so its 7 left WITH Rodney Jerkins, not from the entire Invincile album, dont go messing all around

wow...now that's a REAL friend!!! Take notes lester, chopra, etc..!!!

And he said "jewels"!!!!! *beyond excited*
I'm just glad that in addition to his music, his persona/his life/his personality etc.. will live on-especially if we have anything to say about it!!!!

Just because there is only 7 unreleased songs done with Rodney Jerkins, there are probably more with R Kelly, Teddy Riley, MJ's own songs, plus any other producers he may of worked with. I imagine there are probably 12 complete songs from Invincible that never made the cut with another 12 incomplete demos. Plus, MJ was working on a new album in 2003 so there will be songs from that period that were never released.

If I was to guess, I'd say there is probably 25-30 complete songs from Off The Wall to the days before his death. There would probably another 25-30 demo's which may have not been finished. That's just my guess.

he means 7 fully masterd "finished tracks " for invincible around 300 demos where recorded / written

thank you very much for posting this
great to hear this :yes:

To be honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the Darkchild sound. But if there is an "Unbreakable' like jem, then of course I want to hear it.

I cant believe he would replace any song with" You are my life" on invincible. That has to be the most dreadful song ever recorded.

Cool! I would love to hear these songs

I cant believe he would replace any song with" You are my life" on invincible. That has to be the most dreadful song ever recorded.

lol. I have to disagree though....

firstiwaslikethisgu6.jpg

I have to agree that a complete version of Fall Again or especially We've Had Enough would be much better on the album :D

If I was to guess, I'd say there is probably 25-30 complete songs from Off The Wall to the days before his death. There would probably another 25-30 demo's which may have not been finished. That's just my guess.

I think there are many more finished tracks.

He should have completted many songs and put them away for his children so they would never ever gonna need money.

He has tons of music I think.

I think there are many more finished tracks.

He should have completted many songs and put them away for his children so they would never ever gonna need money.

He has tons of music I think.

Ohh believe me, those never have to work a day if they don't want to.

I don't care if it's 100 songs or 1, I will be happy with anything. RDJ seems like a really rad guy :)

Thanks for this. I hope we get to hear them.

HEY NOW! I love "You are my life!" "Your like the sun, that make me shine" I love u mike! I wish peeps would stop dissing this album it was his last, so come on!

Back