Music producer and former boyband singer Taj is secret $1bn estate manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsMo

Proud Member
Speculations and so-called insider sources only...but IF true, I like the idea.

By James Desborough, 21/11/2009

Michael Jackson's nephew Taj has been secretly invited onto the board of executors looking after the star's $1bn fortune. Tito's son Taj, 36, has been asked by administrators John McLain and John Branca to decide on how to distribute his cash.

The deal - done behind closed doors - came hours after Katherine Jackson dropped challenging Michael's estate last week. Insiders say the move was "a trade off " to keep upset Katherine from months of legal battles against the will.

Music producer Taj will act as a voice for Paris, Prince Michael and Blanket in deciding on future MJ projects and deals. One insider claimed Taj - who became famous in 1990s boyband 3T - will have a veto vote.

However, Michael's furious dad Joe, 80, still wants to challenge the validity of the 2002 will, which empowered McClain and Branca to oversee his son's fortune.

This week LA Judge Mitchell Beckloff approved the estate set-up - after Katherine agreed to the set-up was fine. A source close to the family said: "Taj has been invited onto the board. It seems to be a trade off to keep Katherine from challenging the estate in the long term.

"She dropped her objection, ad now Taj will represent the family in estate matters.

"Taj is close to the children and to her grandmother, so this is a compromise to keep everyone happy. The children will have him as their mouthpiece on future decisions about their dad. "He is there to protect the family's interests."

Taj - who Michael described as his favourite nephew - has helped the three kids cope with their dad's death. The singer - who lived at Neverland in the 90s - had planned to work on a movie project after the This It Is tour. Taj said: "He had his next chapter mapped out. "He wanted to do this and get on to directing. The last words he said to me were, 'We're gong to do film after this.'"

Taj was one of the family members opposed to Michael's proposed burial at his Neverland estate, as "It brought so much pain to him."

This week Joe was rebuffed in a bid to get an allowance from the estate. Now he is determined to overthrow McClain and Branca, claiming the will was incorrectly filed. Family lawyer Brain Oxman has filed papers to the Superior court detailing inaccuracies in the paperwork. Oddly the will appeared to be signed by Jackson in Los Angeles in 2002. At the time the star was in New York. Other paperwork shows that Jackson demanded Branca resign as his lawyer in July 2002. He also ordered private investigators look into his business dealings.

Other paperwork shows that Branca banked large percentages on Jackson music and commercial deals in the 1990s. Jackson also paid Branca $15m (£11m) to sever a deal for percentage rights on the Sony/ATV catalogue. Joe says that his involvement in the will is "a conflict of interest". Another statement claims the 2002 three page will was completely inappropriate and insufficient for dad of three Jackson, who had multiple business interests.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/610450/Taj-Jackson-in-charge-of-estate.html

if true then great , but since the source is newsof theworld , it is definitely a lie .

no good idea. too many people can do no good. everyone has other interest. the more people involved the more mess around

if true, and taj will be representing the kids interests only, its great

if true then great , but since the source is newsof theworld , it is definitely a lie .

I am going to agree here. I searched and there is no US news source anywhere, just this article and some small paper from India which is also not known for telling the truth.

What saddens me is the fact that they want to discredit John Branca and he has done nothing but good things for the estate.

if true, and taj will be representing the kids interests only, its great

The children have a lawyer of their own. I'd rather they have a real lawyer than any family member who is impartial.

The children have a lawyer of their own. I'd rather they have a real lawyer than any family member who is impartial.

I was gonna write exactly that.

the family (not necessarily Katherine) might put this story out to try & strong will the executors into naming A Jackson on-board. Randy Jackson might not like this story.

I highly doubt they would give Taj veto power though.

Michael Jackson's nephew Taj has been secretly invited onto the board of executors looking after the star's $1bn fortune. Tito's son Taj, 36, has been asked by administrators John McLain and John Branca to decide on how to distribute his cash.

The deal - done behind closed doors - came hours after Katherine Jackson dropped challenging Michael's estate last week. Insiders say the move was "a trade off " to keep upset Katherine from months of legal battles against the will.

Music producer Taj will act as a voice for Paris, Prince Michael and Blanket in deciding on future MJ projects and deals. One insider claimed Taj - who became famous in 1990s boyband 3T - will have a veto vote.

However, Michael's furious dad Joe, 80, still wants to challenge the validity of the 2002 will, which empowered McClain and Branca to oversee his son's fortune.

This week LA Judge Mitchell Beckloff approved the estate set-up - after Katherine agreed to the set-up was fine. A source close to the family said: "Taj has been invited onto the board. It seems to be a trade off to keep Katherine from challenging the estate in the long term.

"She dropped her objection, ad now Taj will represent the family in estate matters.

"Taj is close to the children and to her grandmother, so this is a compromise to keep everyone happy. The children will have him as their mouthpiece on future decisions about their dad. "He is there to protect the family's interests."

Taj - who Michael described as his favourite nephew - has helped the three kids cope with their dad's death. The singer - who lived at Neverland in the 90s - had planned to work on a movie project after the This It Is tour. Taj said: "He had his next chapter mapped out. "He wanted to do this and get on to directing. The last words he said to me were, 'We're gong to do film after this.'"

Taj was one of the family members opposed to Michael's proposed burial at his Neverland estate, as "It brought so much pain to him."

This week Joe was rebuffed in a bid to get an allowance from the estate. Now he is determined to overthrow McClain and Branca, claiming the will was incorrectly filed. Family lawyer Brain Oxman has filed papers to the Superior court detailing inaccuracies in the paperwork. Oddly the will appeared to be signed by Jackson in Los Angeles in 2002. At the time the star was in New York. Other paperwork shows that Jackson demanded Branca resign as his lawyer in July 2002. He also ordered private investigators look into his business dealings.

Other paperwork shows that Branca banked large percentages on Jackson music and commercial deals in the 1990s. Jackson also paid Branca $15m (£11m) to sever a deal for percentage rights on the Sony/ATV catalogue. Joe says that his involvement in the will is "a conflict of interest". Another statement claims the 2002 three page will was completely inappropriate and insufficient for dad of three Jackson, who had multiple business interests.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/610450/Taj-Jackson-in-charge-of-estate.html
The part i bolded is true, but this comes from News Of The World.... when it comes to Michael they just lose it...

The part i bolded is true, but this comes from News Of The World.... when it comes to Michael they just lose it...

notw stole that quote from a press conference outside the courthouse a few months ago. He had testified earlier in the day for Katherine Jackson (well, really Randy but anyway) against the memorabilia tour contract being awarded to AEG. He also said the same thing on the stand.

news of the world. so not even worth bothering with it at the mo. and the kids have a lawyer who already does that job

Last edited:
I´m just thinking: Is it really believeable that MJ should have named one "favourite nephew"? I just don´t think that he would do anything like that.

i would love to thi nk this is true. taj is an amazing person. all of tito's sons have been so wonderful w/ the kids. truly carrying on mj's legacy and being there out of love. not the almighty dollar

This is from News Of The World.. so..hmm yeh.

Taj, Tyrell and TJ are named on the Will though along with Anthony, Elijah and Levon. They are mentioned as part of the family trust. Under their names it says 'contingent remainder beneficiary'...what does that mean?

basically if anything happens to mjs kids they are next in line to get everything. think thats it.

anyway thought tabloids were banned

funny how the estates worth a bill now when b4 he was broke!

i would love to thi nk this is true. taj is an amazing person. all of tito's sons have been so wonderful w/ the kids. truly carrying on mj's legacy and being there out of love. not the almighty dollar

True, I like Taj too who is sooooooooo FINE!!!

Whoo-Lord almighty, Taj got beat with the gorgeous stick!

But I digress....

I agree that Taj is close to the kids & his grandma, but he's also a secondary beneficiary of the MJ Family trust -

BUT

1) the lawyer appointed to represent the children's interests already does that

2) This story contradicts the will - had Taj had "veto" power, he'd be an appointed executor.

So not exactly true with this story.

I dont know if this is true but Taj is a good guy. It wouldn't hurt to have him on board. :yes:

I really hope its true. I think a cousin is more intune with the children than a lawyer is. If they have troubles, they might tell him and not The lawyer. He's like a confidant. I really hope its true!

L.O.V.E.
Romi

This has nothing to do with the children in the sense that he would be a confidant. They are claiming he would have power over the money which is a bad bad idea.

No matter how cute he is, that has nothing to do with how competent he is (either way).

The trust is sealed and has not been published or leaked as far as I know, so this is not true.

This is a tabloid, a very notorious one at that. It's interesting how tabloids will find one thing that's true (the statement Taj made on the witness stand about Michael's future plans) and build a totally bogus story around it. I won't waste precious oxygen commenting further on NOTW fairytales.

Its in the News of the World, where the only thing true about it is the date, so naturally I have my skepticisms about it. But if it is true then a good move from the family.

basically if anything happens to mjs kids they are next in line to get everything. think thats it.

anyway thought tabloids were banned

funny how the estates worth a bill now when b4 he was broke!

:D

I noticed that too! they can't seem to get there minds straight!

If this story is true though, I would'nt mind one bit. Taj has his uncle's back.

As the children grow older and become more involved in their fathers affairs, its important they can have someone they can trust completely. Taj has shown himself to be such a person, I believe he wont let them down. But who knows if this has any truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back