MTV's 'Total Request Live' to conclude in November

Victory2004

Proud Member
MTV's 'Total Request Live' to conclude in November

2 hours ago
NEW YORK (AP) — Time to start the countdown clock on MTV's countdown era: "Total Request Live" will soon leave the air after 10 years.
Dave Sirulnick, executive producer of "TRL," said Monday that the music video countdown show will conclude in a two-hour special on a Saturday afternoon in November. He stressed that the show wasn't ending for good, but felt now was the right time to give it a break after an unprecedented run on the cable music channel.
"TRL" debuted in September 1998 and became the splashy center of the teen pop music scene with Britney Spears, the Backstreet Boys, N'Sync and other acts. From its heydey until 2008, it's been a destination for musicians, movie stars and celebrities promoting their new music, movies and other projects. http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h24DPEzgpuk8NcAGZHvIaDkG5-lAD937D6UO0

NO way!!!!LOL! Well, they didn't even show whole videos on there!!!!!

oh thank good LORD for that!

No more irritating screaming of those stupid teens who love JONAS BROTHERS SO DAMN MUUUUCH AND WANNA SAY HIIII TO MY MOOOOOM AND A SHOOUUTOUT TO MY GIRLLLS OUT THEEEREE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

BANG! SHOT DEAD!

FATALITY!

p.s. lol it's so LAME cuz they actually ADMIT that MTV and the music industry of today SUCKS!

God, I am starting to think closing MTV would be even better. Heal the world, make it a better place. Close MTV.

^ Same here. Once he left, the show slowly went to hell. Good riddence. We are nw seeing the end of MTV - wait that already happened.

Surprise, surprise........NOT!:timer:

The M in MTV little by little will no longer stand for 'music' anymore.....

And look at the ridiculous explaination being given for the shows 'hiatus'......:D

i thought the show was over awhile ago? oh well:cheers:

NEXT: "M"TV:tease:

This show should have died with the 90s. At least it was entertaining then in its own bubble gum way.

I have no idea how MTV is gonna survive without it even if the EP claims this isn't the last we'll see of it.

It seems I read about them planning to cancel TRL because of a drop in ratings ages ago. Well now I guess they will.

Thank god! Now maybe mtv will die :)....wait nvm i need my making the band fix lol

There's a shocker LOL, MTV is all about reality tv any way, so there's no point in keeping the only music related (though annoying as hell) show.

It's a shame MTV is closing out TRL That seemed to me like the last link they had to the old music format from when they were cool. But it doesn't surprise me. They have been going downhill since all the old veejays from back in the day (Matt Pinfield, Kennedy, Ananda Lewis, Carson Daly and maybe John Norris and any others) left. On Edit: They're just going for a "hiatus"?? Why bother to take the show off the air and word their statements like it's gone for good if they're really just planning to bring it back later? They should just hire someone else to do the job. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:
It's a shame MTV is closing out TRL That seemed to me like the last link they had to the old music format from when they were cool. But it doesn't surprise me. They have been going downhill since all the old veejays (Matt Pinfield, Kennedy, Ananda Lewis, Carson Daly and maybe John Norris and any others) left. On Edit: They're just going for a "hiatus"?? Why bother to take the show off the air and word their statements like it's gone for good if they're really just planning to bring it back later? They should just hire someone else to do the job. This is ridiculous.

I don't believe the hiatus thang... they juss tryna come up with some sorry reason. I think they're leavin fo good, cuz uh, i don't think they gettin the views they used to have anymore. Shizz, I don't even watch it. Didn't even know they still showed it. that's how boring it's got. Yeah, they won't say straight out, "k, we leavin, we suck, bye." :lol:

I used to watch that show. But lately that show was continuesly bringing celebs on to thier show that I hate. So I am very glad in a way. Because I really do hate MTV. Even though I have kind of been in to those Exiled shows. Only because they went to places that I absolutely love. Like Morocco, India, and Norway. But other than that there really is no point in watching that horrid channel. I still can't figure out what the M in MTV means since they no longer play music on that channel. Nor can I figure out why they still have the MTV VMAs since there is no more music being played on that channel.

Sad to say, but I thought it was already finished - thats why I was confused when Janet was on it earlier this year, I thought it finished already

Back