MTV VMA Tribute Remix/Arrangement/Orchestrations

adamschoales

Proud Member
Just curious as to what you guys thought of the arrangement/orchestration/remix used for the VMA tribute...

Its clear they took the regular versions and just enhanced them with some added bass and drum sounds, but honestly, I LOVED it! They sounded really full, and had a nice modern flavour (but not a "Dated" modern sound like those god awful T25 remixes). This is my kind of remix - taking whats good and just enhancing/changing slightly. Seriously, this is how the added stuff of thriller 25 should have sounded. Of course not saying there was anything wrong with the ORIGINAL songs, but it was kind of neat to hear these new mixes.

I wonder if this is what the arrangements/orchestrations were going to sound like for This Is It? They sounded more pre-recorded than live to me, but who knows. I always found Michael's live stuff to sound a bit to... synthetic? I was never a fan of how stuff sounded live (especially Billie Jean - its just not the same when half of it is played on synthesizers), other than MSG where they had the big band/orchestra.

So what are your thoughts? Did you like the new sound? Do you hope that This Is It will showcase more?

Yes, I thought Scream sounded particularly good and was sounding pretty fresh. If you listen to Smooth Criminal on the This Is It trailer you can hear a new orchestral counter melody which I think sounds fantastic! Can't wait to hear it properly...

Michael was changing up how the songs were going to sound for This Is It and its possible that these versions will be the ones on the This Is It soundtrack.

cant wait! it sounds really great! thriller sounded AMAZING, in fact I'd argue it sounded better than ever.

Back