Mrs. Jackson files for Custody

Michael Jackson Guardianship Papers Filed

Posted Jun 29th 2009 11:48AM by TMZ Staff

A guardianship petition has been filed for Michael Jackson's children.

The petition was filed by Katherine Jackson, the grandma.

She is asking the court to appoint her as the guardian for all three kids.

The petition states the kids have "no relationship with their biological mother."

The petition says the kids are in the care of Katherine and they have "a long established relationship."

The petition says the value of Michael Jackson's assets are unknown at this time.

The petition lists Debbie Rowe as mother of the two children.

As for why Katherine thinks it would be "best" to appoint her guardian, "Minor children are currently residing with paternal grandmother. They have a long-established relationship with paternal grandmother and are comfortable in her care."

The petition says it's "not known at this time" whether the mother (Rowe) agrees that Katherine should be the legal guardian.

As for Prince, Michael's third child, in the box where it says "mother" the box is checked "none." The DOB is listed as January 21, 2002.

A hearing is now set for August 3 to hear the petition.

Thats good.

Lets see if Debbie wants to be a mom now. I hope she stays away

Good for her! Debbie wouldn't dare try to separate those kids. I doubt she would be that heartless. Those kids are going thru enuf trauma with the loss of their father.

I hope it is a peacefull custody transaction. Please don't hate on Debbie, she is not all that bad.

Hope they stay with Katherine.

I'm sure Katherine has the best intentions. I only hope Joseph will keep out of this. He will try to bank on the children, no doubt.

I just pray that everything works out for the best.....It's comforting to know that the kids are safe and loved with Katherine right now.

Yeah, we all hope Katherine gets the children.
I don't. No way should the kids be living in the same house as Joseph. California has a strong preference for children being with their biological parents, so I think Debbie has a good chance to gain custody.

shes not even asked for custody. joseph doesnt live there he lives in vegas

I hope it is a peacefull custody transaction. Please don't hate on Debbie, she is not all that bad.

Hope they stay with Katherine.

I believe they will end up with her. But yeah, we can't hate Debbie. It's not like Michael didn't know that something like this could happen, so I hope the legal aspects as far as he is concerned were taken care of when it comes to the children.

I hope that his children will stay with Katherine or how Michael wants it.

I don't think that there is gonna be this big custody battle like the media and some folks are thinking. I think Ms Katherine will get them. But I have a question...

Isn't it true that just because you have guardianship doesn't mean you have control over the children's estate? Isn't it possible that Michael requested in his will that Ms Katherine be the guardian, Janet or LaToya second guardian if something happens to Ms. Katherine.....and executor of the estate is one of his lawyers? Can't this be a true scenario?

And we haven't gotten any confirmation that Janet is the executor. We just assumed that since she cleaned his things out of Holmby Hills, right?

I have no problem with Debbie wanting to see the kids every now and then, she did give birth to them after all and she and Michael seemed to have some kid of argeement. I just think that the children should be raised my Katherine....they seem to be the closest to her.

I don't think that there is gonna be this big custody battle like the media and some folks are thinking. I think Ms Katherine will get them. But I have a question...

Isn't it true that just because you have guardianship doesn't mean you have control over the children's estate? Isn't it possible that Michael requested in his will that Ms Katherine be the guardian, Janet or LaToya second guardian if something happens to Ms. Katherine.....and executor of the estate is one of his lawyers? Can't this be a true scenario?

And we haven't gotten any confirmation that Janet is the executor. We just assumed that since she cleaned his things out of Holmby Hills, right?
The money for the children is probably in a trust and it is guarded by a trustee appointed by the courts I think. As the guardians, the Jackson wouldn't be able to touch the money. Something like a monthly installments would be paid out to help with the childrens expenses such has tuition for school, clothing etc. When the children become 18 or 21, then they will have control of the estate.

MSNBC and CNN have reported that Katherine Jackson has officially received temporary custody of the children. :)

Back