movies that make you wanna travel to the location in it

helena22

Proud Member
Have you watched the movies that make you go, "I wanna travel there!"
What made you think that?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess it can be different from when you normally make a plan for travel.
Like, you see some photos of beautiful sceneries of a place or your friend recommended the places s/he's been to or a certain place is just the place to be these days, etc.
Locations in movies cannot be separated from the stories.
So, maybe, you got something extra special on your mind when you hit the road to that city or country in your favorite movie?...

When I was a little kid I saw this movie about Diane Fossey and I really really really wanted to go to Africa and do the job she did :D

220px-Gorillas_In_The_Mist_poster.jpg

What a great woman she was :)

I've always wanted to travel to hobbiton in lord if the rings!! :D and rivendell , it's soo beautiful and the scenery is so dreamy! :D

Definitely "Rivendell"! Hehe. So much Art Nouveau makes me want to live 'there'.

"What Dreams May Come". Build and manifest everything you'd like.

Every movie that shows Berlin - because Berlin just IS that awesome.

A specific beach shown in "Message in a Bottle" - was shot in Maine, USA. And that beach actually is that amazing, too.

The House and island they dreamed up in "Practical Magic" - that's my kinda house. Gorgeous New England. Amazing in summer, but since I hate the New England winter I need a lovely beach house someplace else.

I can think of plenty of movies like that. Yeah, LOTR definitely garnered a lot of interest in New Zealand. It looks so beautiful. :) I've also always wanted to visit Astoria, OR from The Goonies. Maybe one of these days. Plenty of imaginary places I'd like to visit too like Fantasia from The Neverending Story :)

I always like movies filmed in Hawaii too (like Jurassic Park) because I can see some of the locations I've been to.

Every time I watch a movie about the middle ages in UK makes me want to go there.
Of course nothing is going to be the same now, but they still have a lot of old buildings and castles. :)

Every time I watch a movie about the middle ages in UK makes me want to go there.
Of course nothing is going to be the same now, but they still have a lot of old buildings and castles. :)

Good old medieval :D

542566_352101001553523_136835912_n.jpg

Scenes from films with big fields , with long green grass, flowers and trees surrounding... Like the scenes from the film slipper and the rose...I just wanna dance in them fields! Or high on the hill tops from the scenes from the sound of music :) it looks soo free and fun! :cheeky:

I think I found one key word : FANTASY

I've always wanted to travel to hobbiton in lord if the rings!! :D and rivendell , it's soo beautiful and the scenery is so dreamy! :D

Lord Of The Rings - New Zealand.

Definitely "Rivendell"! Hehe. So much Art Nouveau makes me want to live 'there'.

"What Dreams May Come". Build and manifest everything you'd like.

Every movie that shows Berlin - because Berlin just IS that awesome.

A specific beach shown in "Message in a Bottle" - was shot in Maine, USA. And that beach actually is that amazing, too.

The House and island they dreamed up in "Practical Magic" - that's my kinda house. Gorgeous New England. Amazing in summer, but since I hate the New England winter I need a lovely beach house someplace else.

I can think of plenty of movies like that. Yeah, LOTR definitely garnered a lot of interest in New Zealand. It looks so beautiful. :) I've also always wanted to visit Astoria, OR from The Goonies. Maybe one of these days. Plenty of imaginary places I'd like to visit too like Fantasia from The Neverending Story :)

I always like movies filmed in Hawaii too (like Jurassic Park) because I can see some of the locations I've been to.

Star Wars - Death Star. lol

Gotham City :)

Gotham_skyline.JPG

While reading these posts from all of you, I was thinking, "Probably that's how I know I'm not into fantasy movies..." I mean, I really am not. Never been into the setting of any fantasy movies I've ever seen.

for sUre NY and LA
I'm sure you're speaking for many many others :yes:
I guess, esp. NYC, it's one of the most romanticized cities in movies just by the sheer number of movies filmed there? All the shopping malls, business activities, schools, cultural facilities, etc., these alone ain't enough to explain why so many tourists wanna travel to NYC. Travel, to me, does have elements of fantasy (of course, except business trips and things of that nature), so maybe it's really the same thing, if you wish to leave for some place after watching a movie, whether it's Gotham city or NYC?...

Re: I think I found one key word : FANTASY

Leap Year (Wales & Ireland)
The scenery is beautiful :love:in many of the scenes. A lot of green and small towns.
If you watched the movie, you know Anna and Declan (=the two main characters) get into an argument and stuff from the moment when they first met. I tell you, they look cute together going at it :happy:
I don't think they quite would with some bustling city as the backdrop.

Sleepless in Seattle (Empire State Building). I went up the ESB in either 1994 or '95.
And plus this movie has a lovely ending, when Annie and Sam finally meet, awww
how romantic :) x

A lot of my Bollywood movies makes me wish I was in the same place with my Bollywood actors. Like in the movies Darr, both Don movies, Dhoom 2, Ra One, and Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge I wanted to see Switzerland, London, Malaysia, Paris, Berlin, Fuji Islands, Rio de Janeiro, and India. And the Harry Potter movies the U.K. I always did had such a huge L.O.V.E. for the U.K and Ireland. Especially the country side of those countries.

I'd love to visit the Island where Jurassic Park was filmed, it looks beautiful! And I LOVE that film so much...

I'd also like to visit the Home Alone house (think that's in Chicago). In fact I'd like to live there!
Then there's The Goonies and Free Willy locations both in Astoria, Oregon. That place looks fab!

To add to that I'd like to visit Universal Studios in Hollywood as well! :wild:

Back