Movie - Michael Jackson: In Search of Neverland

MsMo

Proud Member
gI_0_jacksonberlin.jpg

Michael Jackson & Gloria Rhoads Berlin

http://insearchofneverlandthebook.com/

King.jpg

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...celebrate-MJ?p=3096304&viewfull=1#post3096304

Movie Producer Pete Allman is currently in pre-production with his next movie, “In Search of Neverland.” The film is based on the book, with the same name, written by Gloria Rhoads Berlin. She was a personal friend with Michael Jackson (and the Jackson family) from when he was 12 years of age. The book tells about how the young Jackson always had animals in his backyard. This brought the animal control division to the Jackson home on a frequent basis. Years later, realizing he needed a safe habitat for his animals, Berlin, a real estate agent, found Jackson his animal sanctuary which he purchased and named Neverland. Berlin’s book was published in 2010 and she personally asked Allman to produce the movie. Production is scheduled to begin in March.

http://www.bajatimes.com/articlesDetail.asp?sid=2897

Pete Allman is a Las Vegas-based commentator, broadcast personality and celebrity interviewer. He also produces inspirational messages for television and other media. http://newsblaze.com/writer/allm.html

Confirmed: Michael Jackson’s Full Feature Motion Picture to be Produced by the Maker of Brilliant & Controversial Film

http://thehiddenreview.com/2012/02/...by-the-maker-of-brilliant-controversial-film/

Last edited:
I don't know @Ben, I would think so.

That is a lovely hug she is getting from Michael. :)

I'd support this over Cascio's attempt at further profiting from MJ's death.

It's a small book, not a biography and most of the stories are available online. It'd be interesting to see how it's adapted to a documentary. Will Gloria Rhoads simply repeat her stories on film accompanied by personal photos? Or will actors be used to reenact scenes (I hope not)?

This is likely a very small scale project, even the book didn't receive much publicity.

I hope it's decent. If it is then I wanna see it.

I hope it will be objective and positive.

The book was nice, but with not enough plot for a successful movie, imo (from this perspective Frank's book is a lot more promising). But with all these films I have only one question: who is going to play Michael? If it's anyone other than Michael himself, the movie is doomed to become another joke like "Man in the Mirror". Because as Frank poignantly said, there will never be anyone like him. Ever.

Last edited:
Guys I did not know that Neverland was bought to find a safe habitat for his animals. I mean, I know he loved animals, but I thought he did a video at this ranch and later bought it because he wanted a place for himself; he liked the location and remoteness; and he wanted to create a tranquil environment. I have heard him say that he created his zoo because it was difficult to go out to the parks without being mobbed by crowds, so he created parks, the zoo and rides on the farm. Also there was interest to help the sick children. No time did I hear him say that he bought the ranch for a safe habitat for his animals.

I do not know anything about this movie or book, but I hope people are not going to make claims about how they helped Michael do this and that, especially since he is not here to say otherwise.

I don´t remember who it was who told the story but Michael was looking for a house 2008, he said no to some places because he couldn´t have animals there.

MIST;3605353 said:
I don´t remember who it was who told the story but Michael was looking for a house 2008, he said no to some places because he couldn´t have animals there.

That would make sense--that you would want a home where you could have animals, especially if you love pets. That is different from wanting to buy a home because you want to have animals, if you get what I mean. The driving force of wanting the home in 08 would be for his family first. We heard what he said in court about wanting to settle down.

Guys I did not know that Neverland was bought to find a safe habitat for his animals. I mean, I know he loved animals, but I thought he did a video at this ranch and later bought it because he wanted a place for himself; he liked the location and remoteness; and he wanted to create a tranquil environment. I have heard him say that he created his zoo because it was difficult to go out to the parks without being mobbed by crowds, so he created parks, the zoo and rides on the farm. Also there was interest to help the sick children. No time did I hear him say that he bought the ranch for a safe habitat for his animals.

I do not know anything about this movie or book, but I hope people are not going to make claims about how they helped Michael do this and that, especially since he is not here to say otherwise.

From Katherine's book: "For a while, Michael also had a giraffe, Jabbar, but the neighbors complained, and Michael was forced to board him."

So he probably wanted a home where he could keep all the exotic animals he wanted without anyone complaining. And he probably wanted to get his giraffe back...

Back