Move Like Michael Jackson: Update

Rockin.

Proud Member
movelikemj.jpg

BBC Three : Move Like Michael Jackson.

A nationwide search to find Britain's most talented and original dancers who can demonstrate they have the spirit, showmanship and technical ability of Michael Jackson.

You Moved Like Michael…

You were Off the Wall…

But did you Beat It?

Thousands turned up for BBC Three’s MOVE LIKE MICHAEL JACKSON auditions and performed their hearts out.

The judges were blown away by the talent on show. But only 16 finalists will get the chance to work with Michael Jackson’s long-time choreographer and friend Lavelle Smith Jr. Then they’ll go head-to-head in a dance-off which will be judged by Jermaine Jackson, Jamelia and Mark Summers (European casting director for the THIS IS IT Tour).
Stay tuned for all the action when the series premieres one BBC Three, December 2009.

But the fun is just beginning – now it’s your chance to join in…
Lavelle Smith Jr has created an exclusive new routine to BEAT IT, featuring five seminal Michael Jackson moves – the Moonwalk, Toe Pop, Crotch Grab, Lean or Leg Kick.

Choose one of the moves, learn it using Lavelle’s easy-to-follow tutorials, film it and then upload it to the website for everyone to see. The best moves may be featured on television during the live final on BBC Three.
Show us your moves from Wednesday November 18, 2009, at the official site.

Watch Interview Clips, Audition Clips and Instructional Video Clips online

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00p719p#

Watch it. Learn it. Film it. Upload it.
BBC: Move Like Michael Jackson homepage

Photo: Westfield Auditions

c386392b007eb9b92cc1283241aee0ea03a11fc2.jpg

Move Like Michael Jackson auditions at London’s Westfield Shopping Centre.

Photo: Smooth movers

0d896734c2c81f348b0f6617a856169d00669462.jpg

A group of dancers show the crowd their best moves as they compete to take part in Move Like Michael Jackson.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updated!! :) I can't wait to watch it!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/EreudxFwqAU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1

Jermaine Jackson - Judge

Having grown up as brothers and band mates, Jermaine Jackson knows exactly what made Michael such a special performer.

Jermaine calls it 'The Jackson Mystique', and says Michael possessed a confidence, grace and explosiveness that defined him as an artist.

Although Jermaine knows it's impossible to find another Michael Jackson, he believes anyone who comes close will be blessed with those indefinable qualities that you just can't teach.

Jermaine was one of the founding members of the group The Jacksons, who were then joined by siblings Marlon and Michael to create The Jackson 5.

The group's first four songs, I Want You Back, The Love You Save, ABC and I'll Be There, were all number one hits.

Like Michael, Jermaine began a solo career while still a member of The Jackson 5. He had a number of hits throughout the 70s and 80s and was nominated for a Grammy Award with the album Let's Get Serious.

Further solo success followed, before he rejoined The Jacksons for Victory tour which was the highest grossing tour of its era.

Jermaine was extremely close to Michael and is currently organising the MJ Tribute next year at which the winner of Move Like Michael Jackson will perform.

prg-wrapper-content-bkg.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/movelikemichaeljackson/about/jermainejackson.shtml

Last edited:
Although Jermaine knows it's impossible to find another Michael Jackson,
he believes anyone who comes close will be blessed with those indefinable qualities that you just can't teach.

Well, he got that right. Not only is it impossible, it aint gonna happen.
The Jackson Mystique is just that....a mystery.
Which, in my opinion, contains more than the 3 attributes Jermaine spoke of.
Coming close to MJ's talent just wont cut it. Many, and I can name a
few, have tried but have failed miserably.
But for something like this contest/show, "trying" is all thats required.

Well, he got that right. Not only is it impossible, it aint gonna happen.
The Jackson Mystique is just that....a mystery.
Which, in my opinion, contains more than the 3 attributes Jermaine spoke of.
Coming close to MJ's talent just wont cut it. Many, and I can name a
few, have tried but have failed miserably.
But for something like this contest/show, "trying" is all thats required.

It is not the Jackson mystique....but the Michael Jackson mystique.

If there was such a thing as a Jackson mystique, they would all have it. Which they don't.

there is an interview MJ did with the ghoswriter of Moonwalk, where he complained that the brothers were not interested in the behind the scene work. They wouldn't put the required hours. They wouldn't bring anything to the table. They just followed whatever idea MJ came up with.

Everything fell on his shoulders. He sounded very bitter that they were out having fun, while he had to choreographed / conceptualized their shows and tv appearances.

I cannot stomach jermaine and his constant diarrhea of the mouth.

And I hope they cleared this latest money making stunt with the Estate?

Last edited:
Dancers who I have spoken to have always said they are in awe of MJ. They say that Michael Jackson dances are ridiculously hard as there is so much to remember and it goes so fast and poignantly they said to me that people don't truly realise what a genuis he was when it came to dance. People had never seen these dances before and mastering them takes a genuis.

Oh we realize his genius. Truly. We do.
Thats why its hard for me to imagine anybody
moving like him.

Like Farnsworth Bentley said " He's a different kind of genius."

I've seen a lot of people trying to dance like Michael and some of them come quite close.
But there is always something missing.

When MJ makes a signature move, he doesn't do JUST the move, there's always something extra.
A finger pointing or the way way he moves his fingers, a small poplock thing with his head or a knee, and he does multiple of these things at the same time.
Supersmall things you don't pay attention to when you watch him move, but that's where the magic of MJ is.

Look at my signature, at the end of that move he does a little subtle fingersnap, I'm sure that he didn't even thought about that himself, it just comes natural.

Great signature. :)
At the end of his move, I like the neck jerk, shoulder shrug thingy
he does. Count to 7 from the beginning of the move.
I really cant see the finger snap, but I KNOW what you mean.

Back