Motown legend Lamont Dozier on Michael

arXter

Proud Member
I saw this a few months ago on BBC News and thought I'd rip and post it when I had the time.

Songwriter Dozier, of Holland-Dozier-Holland, talks about Michael's death, Motown, and his current ventures. I like this program - called HARDtalk - because the interviewer is always frank and direct and presses for honest answers.

Great interview. Holland-Dozier-Holland are Motown legends!

It's interesting that the interviewer asked a lot of questions based on speculation that has since been disproved. Just shows how quick the media is to jump the gun without all the facts.

Last edited:
Great interview. Holland-Dozier-Holland are Motown legends!

It's interesting that the interviewer asked a lot of questions based on speculation that has since been disproved. Just shows how quick the media is to jump the gun without all the facts.

For real.

"Hadn't had a hit in the UK or US in about 12, 15 years" (?!)... Um,...

1995-1997 - HIStory debuted at #1 and went on to become the best-selling multiple-disc album of all-time, which spawned a little flop called "You Are Not Alone" that holds the Guinness World Record for the first song ever to debut at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Also, another flop, "Earth Song", which is his most successful single in the UK, took the top spot from the Beatles and was a Christmas #1, sitting there for 6 weeks. Plus, it produced three other top 5 flops, got 5 Grammy nominations and won 1.
(And a world tour grossing $163.5m, with a record-breaking attendance of 4,500,000.)

1997 - Blood on the Dance Floor, another UK #1 and worldwide best selling remix album ever released.

2001 - Invincible debuted at number 1 in the U.S. and 12 other countries, selling over 6 million copies worldwide before the end of the year. All three singles were in the top 25. "You Rock My World" was nominated for a Grammy.

2003 - "One More Chance" was #5 in the UK.

This is not counting Essential MJ, Number Ones, Thriller 25, etc, which were all #1 as well...

Stop taking his victories from him. :no:

Back