Mos Def - The Ecstatic (2009)

arXter

Proud Member
this was leaked last night, coming out June 8 as his fourth studio album and ten years since his Black on Both Sides debut.

production by the likes of Stones Throw luminaries Madlib and Oh No, and a reused beat by J Dilla. Neptunes' Chad also contributes a track.

only 45mins long, and i'm really comfortable with his unique arrangements while everyone else does the boring verse-chorus-verse-chorus-verse-chorus thing.

alongside Q-Tip's Renaissance, this is my favourite hip-hop release within the past few years.

2nk5mbr.jpg

Priority
(prod. Preservation)

Roses
(prod. & ft. Georgia Muldrow)

Auditorium ft. Slick Rick
(prod. Madlib)

Twilite Speedball
(prod. Chad Hugo)

History feat. Talib Kweli
(prod. J Dilla)

*DOWNLOADS*

You know how long I been waiting for a new Mos Def album? Fuck me sideways.

yeah he pulled an MJ on us. hopefully MJ can pull a Mos now and come out with something fresh and highly worthy.

this is the dog's bollocks.

Those tracks are the muthafreakin deal, they're gonna keep me up even more and ive been up all nite doin math work. Let me get some sleep, and then I'll come back and really vibe off this.

yep, mine too.

Slick Rick's drop was tight too, i love everything he does (well,, apart from trying to kill people and going to jail).

Guess I wont be gettin Relapse... well actually I will, but this`ll b on my `must cop' list 2.

What up arxter ? I never heard the word "rinsing" in such a context before (guess you're asking who's still listening to it) but i just discovered this thread, i will get that album somehow if you know what i mean. Hope it got some nice beats and lyrics. Thx for the thread.

What up arxter ? I never heard the word "rinsing" in such a context before (guess you're asking who's still listening to it) but i just discovered this thread, i will get that album somehow if you know what i mean. Hope it got some nice beats and lyrics. Thx for the thread.

Arguably the best album of 2009?

1zwj5tz.gif

Mos & Talib

History
(Scotty Nevers Remix)

One of my fav hiphop albums of 09 love the Arab/middle eastern influences, i haven't listened to that album in months. Its in the top 5 but its not the best hiphop album of 09, theres fawshan, brother ali and many others

Thank youuuuu axter I love mos def glad his back, im feelin his new material... aww snap he got slick rick on a track? lol thats crazy....lol

Im loving all the tracks.. who ever produced these beats were on point

Back