Morten Harket (Lead singer the band a-ha) comments on Michael Jackson's passing

I thought A-Ha broke up - wow, the look GREAT. BTW.

And what Morten said was very well said & thoughtful.

Thank you A-ha!

Yeah a-ha are still together for now but next year they are retiring

oh and speaking of a-ha i remember that there was an interview with Mags (the keyboards player) at the start of the year and in that interview Michael is mentioned. The transcript of the interview is no longer online but i'll type out what was said

Interviewer - Is there anyone that you would like to play in the future?
Mags - Yeah i think that all three of us would love to play at the London 02 sometime
Interviewer - Well your gonna have to wait awhile because Michael Jackson has hogged alot of dates there
Mags - (laughs) Seriously though that's amazing to be able to perform 50 shows just in one place. I wish that we could do something like that. Jet lag wouldn't be a problem then
Interviewer - And what's amazing is that Michael Jackson could sell out so fast considiring that he's not cool anymore
Mags - Hey Michael Jackson was always cool. It's your journalists who are the uncool ones

Last edited:
Reactions: PCR

oh and speaking of a-ha i remember that there was an interview with Mags (the keyboards player) at the start of the year and in that interview Michael is mentioned. The transcript of the interview is no longer online but i'll type out what was said

Mags - Yeah i think that all three of us would love to play at the London 02 sometime
Interviewer - Well your gonna have to wait awhile because Michael Jackson has hogged alot of dates there
Mags - (laughs) Seriously though that's amazing to be able to perform 50 shows just in one place. I wish that we could do something like that. Jet lag wouldn't be a problem then
Interviewer - And what's amazing is that Michael Jackson could sell out so fast considiring that he's not cool anymore
Mags - Hey Michael Jackson was always cool. It's your journalists who are the uncool ones

:clapping:

Michael Jackson not cool ... I hate the "You're only as good as your last one" theory. Michael was and will always be the coolest thing ever.

Now, Morten has a tendency to go in to loooong philosphical answears that confuse the he.. out of everyone, so this was a pretty clear response. Very good!I think a lot of artists really wanted to see Michael have the repsect he deserved. Because they know what it takes to be at that level. At least the ones that really do work hard.

Haha! Love that! :clap: :lol:

On your face, JOURNALIST!!
cici-emoticon-007.gif

Great answer!! I should use it as a quote in my signature :D

I remember there being another story where Michael went to an a-ha concert in 1986 and when Mags saw him in the audience he nearly fell into his Keyboards with excitment

yeah..there are people on here who wonder why others of us, on here, are so full of protest, on how MJ was done wrong, and they mistake it for hate. Morten plainly spoke the reason for our passion. the crap that was hurled at MJ for no reason. how can it be forgotten, by our accusers? Morten said everything there, that we've been saying. and it doesn't look like Morten is full of hate, to me. he's just calling it out. calling at as he saw it. as it is. maybe Morten's quieter voice is what our accusers, will say, is the difference. but a louder voice doesn't denote hate.

*tears*

a-ha is a great band, and I agree with what Morten and Mags said. :yes:

Haha that is classic! Well done mate, well f@cken said! :clapping:

Wonder what the journo's response was?? :p

Back