Morphine in the media

Jmoney

Proud Member
I dont know if I'm the only one who thought this but I'm surprised that of all this talk about Michael being addicted to pain killers the media hasnt played or talked about the song Morphine. It seems the media would find it interesting that Michael wrote a song about his addiction.

They've covered this quite a bit actually. The song was all over CNN a few weeks ago.

oh i have yet to seen any so i was thinking that too.
hhaha but i'm not one to talk. i don't watch TV so yea.
but i was wondering taht the first time they say "OD" or w.e...

i have yet to listen to that song since then.
it used to be one of my fav song.

Oh, I guess I didnt hear it, thanks for the info.

oh i have yet to seen any so i was thinking that too.
hhaha but i'm not one to talk. i don't watch TV so yea.
but i was wondering taht the first time they say "OD" or w.e...

i have yet to listen to that song since then.
it used to be one of my fav song.

Yeah I felt the same way to at first but lately I've been listening to it alot and feeling comfortable about it.

I'm surprised no one is talking more about Lisa Marie's blog post.
When I read her blog post, and the lyrics to Morphine it was like 1+1=2 for me.
I reckon Morphine is written about Michael letting her down - especially since this is a song Michael wrote and produced himself.

As written above, the media has put quite a lot of attention to the song actually.

this was in the 90's, i don't believe he still had an addiction. i believe he took meds often, but not chronically.

if he was such a drug addict, how is it so that all his organs were healthy?

this was in the 90's, i don't believe he still had an addiction. i believe he took meds often, but not chronically.

I agree with you this song was a long time ago where he said he did have a problem and I don't blame him it was a very stressful time for him but the thing that makes me mad is that ppl didn't pay much attention to it when it came out now that he is dead they do?

I reckon Morphine is written about Michael letting her down - especially since this is a song Michael wrote and produced himself.

yep im suprised too

LM blog post really hit me like a thunderbolt.. cant believe not everyone who's interested in MJ has seen it

yes, I had the same thought. thanks for bringing this up. it's no wonder they didn't make it. my heart aches for them both because I think there was a deep love there.

I remember the News channels were playing the song within days after his passing.

I dont know if I'm the only one who thought this but I'm surprised that of all this talk about Michael being addicted to pain killers the media hasnt played or talked about the song Morphine. It seems the media would find it interesting that Michael wrote a song about his addiction.

I know that song is primal, he demonising his problems in a hidden way, that song shows that he was an addict since at least 1997 when it was edited, doctors should have known Michael's problems at that time, but they just avoid it, Morphine is a key in this whole case, media knows NOTHING, read the lyrics, its almost scary

Morphine, Michael Jackson
He got flat baby
Kick in the back baby
A heart attack baby
I need your body

A hot kiss honey
He's just a bitch baby
You make me sick baby
So unrelying

I'm such a swine baby
All down the line daddy
I hate your kind baby
So unreliable

A hot buzz baby
He's one of us baby
Another drug baby
You so desire

Trust in me
Trust in me
Put all your trust in me
You're doin' morphine

Hoo!

They got place baby
Kicked in the face baby
You hate your race baby
You're just a liar

Your every lick baby
Your dog's a bitch baby
You make me sick baby
You soul survivor

She never cut from me
She never cut baby
I had to work baby
You just a rival

Always to please daddy
Right up and leave daddy
You're thorwing shame daddy
So undesirable

Trust in me
Just in me
Put all your trsut in me
You're doin' morphine

Go'on babe

Relax
This won't hurt you
Before I put it in
Close your eyes and count to ten
Don't cry
I won't convert you
There's no need to dismay
Close your eyes and drift away

Demerol
Demerol
Oh God he's taking demerol
Demerol
Demerol

He's tried
Hard to convince her
To be over what he had
Today he wants it twice as bad
Don't cry
I won't resent you
Yesterday you had his trust
Today he's taking twice as much

Demerol
Demerol
Hee-hee-hee
Demerol
Demerol
Oh my Oh God it's Demerol
Hee
Oooh

Oh!

He got shit baby
Your dog's a bitch baby
You make me sick baby
You are a liar

Is truth a game daddy
To win the fame baby
It's all the same baby
You're so reliable

Trust in me
Trust in me
Put all your trust in me
She's doin' morphine

Hoo!

You just sit around just talkin' nothing
You're takin' morphine
Hoo!
Go'on baby
You just sit around just talking about it
You're takin' morphine
Hoo-hoo!
Just sit around just talking nothing about it
You're takin' morphine
You just sit around just talking about it
You're taking morphine
You just sit around just talkin' nothin'
And takin' morphine

Hoo-hoo
I'm going down baby
You're talkin' Morphine

Go'on baby!
Hoo!
Hoo!
Morphine!
Do it!
Hoo!
He's takin' morphine
Morphine!
Morphine!

and the sound effects aplied in the song are just like the situation Michael must have passed

Read the song, he talks not only about his addiction but also about his internal problems, he sings, "always to please daddy", then he says "she never cut from me, i had to work", is a really meaningful song, not only the part where he sings " demerol, oh god he's taking demerol" that songs says a lot about him, his state of mind, he is telling the way he suffer at that time, just how much he needs that damn demerol not to suffer, is really sad song, how come doctors didnt knew he had a real problem with it, Lisa Marie must have leave him cause she must have seen those situations and she couldnt help, you know an addict is sick, he can control himself, Michael surrounded himslef with money hunger doctors who provided him with anything he needed, lisa tried to help him but she couldnt, the doctors are to blame

Why so sad about the divorce? LMP & MJ had very less in common. He was a childstar -she wasn't. He was a workaholic, she never had to work for her money. She even has employees that cook, clean and wash for her, take care of her children.
He loved every kind of art, she wasn't really interested in singing and dancing. And so on.

Women became jealous of the work. Because when MJ was working, he didn't have time for anybody. Naturally LMP was bored because she had nothing to do and she never learned about hard work.
It was his lucky day when he got rid of her - as you can see LMP has the size of her father today.

i totally agree with you!

Morphine was covered by some news outlets. However I don't think it got much coverage because it was from BOTDF album. If it was from one of his more well known albums it probably would have got more coverage.

Morphine was covered by some news outlets. However I don't think it got much coverage because it was from BOTDF album. If it was from one of his more well known albums it probably would have got more coverage.
Yes, i think many people still dont know the song, sad for them, they dont know what a masterpiece they are missing, and just a picture of what Michael felt, which in the end was extreme suffer, Michael had issues that he carried from his childhood, issues with his father, any pain that a child or a teen suffers and in youth, if not treated has aweful consecuences, all the song is about suffering, his own suffer, and more then nothing a song about desperation, he talked about stranged children in other songs too like Little Susie, the girl that according to Michael's writing lived in vain, wonderful song too, but it has a deeper meaning then just a wonderful song

Back